NRT Complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
Is it just me or has anyone else here found that NRT products are simply too strong?
I've tried gum and lozenges and even at the smallest doses they have too much nicotine.
I tried some lozenges last year and they about knocked me out. 1 lozenge had as much nicotine as a whole pack of the cigs I was smoking at the time.
Can anyone else relate? :oops:

Barbie56

Mar 5, 2011
TN
I have never used a NRT because I realized a long time ago not only was I addicted to nicotine I was psychologically addicted to the very actions of smoking. The lighting, the holding, the puffing out of smoke, the hand to mouth action and so forth. But I have been told by others that did try the NRT that it nearly killed them. They complained of dizziness, headaches, sick to stomach and heart racing. Didnt sound like a good way to quit smoking to me.

fuzznut

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
N.J.
The gums and lozenges aren't strong, you just didn't follow the directions. The gum, chew a few times, then let sit. The lozenge, let it sit there and slowly dissolve. That said, now tell me, who ON EARTH is going to let something sit in their mouth and not mess with it? I couldn't. I used to get 2mg commits because I couldn't control myself with the 4mg, always nic overdosing. And OMG, those lozenges gave me the most insane posterior tooting I have ever experienced!!!

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
I have never used a NRT because I realized a long time ago not only was I addicted to nicotine I was psychologically addicted to the very actions of smoking. The lighting, the holding, the puffing out of smoke, the hand to mouth action and so forth. But I have been told by others that did try the NRT that it nearly killed them. They complained of dizziness, headaches, sick to stomach and heart racing. Didnt sound like a good way to quit smoking to me.

I failed with patches for the same reason, missed all the actions of smoking. I told my husband that and he volunteered to buy me an e-cig kit.
I've always thought they should make the gum and lozenges with smaller doses of nicotine like you'd get from a single cigarette.

P.S. Fuzznut I love your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread