Nude Nicotine... Over-rated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
Ive been using NN product for years now and i have to say that for an overall customer experience, half of the problem is their shipping/processing times. I waited over 3 weeks for this to be shipped the first time. Now its an average of 2.5 weeks to 3. There is no good reason why this should take so long and its not worth my time waiting forever for it to arrive, i don't care how nice the bottle looks, or how they formulate it in a lab, whatever- takes way too long to ship. The second someone figures out how to sell USP grade glycerin, and USP grade Nicotine, with a 1 day processing time and 3 to 5 day shipping, will take their business. The real issue with buying these is that you don't know when all of a sudden one day you decide to quit vaping, that can happen in a 3 week shipping time.

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I only ever ordered from NN once. After a similar customer service experience (crazy long shipping time), I moved on. The product was good quality, but I honestly can't tell a different between theirs and Nic River.

I've had good customer service and product from LNW, Heartland Vapes and Nicotine River.

These days, Nic River is my go to place for freebase, smooth salts, VG and PG. Shipping can be expensive if you don't meet the over $50 (free shipping) requirement. But they ship very quickly. I've always just make sure I needed $50 worth of stuff before ordering. The longest I've ever had to wait for a tracking number and a package to go out was next day.

I haven't ordered since early spring, I won't buy nicotine in the summer heat since I can't control shipping conditions. I will be placing another order for salts, freebase, PG and VG once the weather cools down this fall.

I still have a gallon of VG and PG, but I'm still building a nicotine stock. Currently only have about a 20 year supply, so more freebase and salts are on the fall shopping list.

Last edited:
  • Informative

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
Never Nude but I've never waited that long for shipping on any ecig or even DIY stuff except from China. From the US I do get next day out, 3-5 day shipped.
Thats why I'm confused, seeing how its only a couple states away from VT (update, i found its actually in California) where i live. Everytime i order from them the delivery times are all over the place, weeks apart at times from previous orders..

Last edited:

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
I only ever ordered from NN once. After a similar customer service experience (crazy long shipping time), I moved on. The product was good quality, but I honestly can't tell a different between theirs and Nic River.

I've had good customer service and product from LNW, Heartland Vapes and Nicotine River.

These days, Nic River is my go to place for freebase, smooth salts, VG and PG. Shipping can be expensive if you don't meet the over $50 (free shipping) requirement. But they ship very quickly. I've always just make sure I needed $50 worth of stuff before ordering. The longest I've ever had to wait for a tracking number and a package to go out was next day.

I haven't ordered since early spring, I won't buy nicotine in the summer heat since I can't control shipping conditions. I will be placing another order for salts, freebase, PG and VG once the weather cools down this fall.

I still have a gallon of VG and PG, but I'm still building a nicotine stock. Currently only have about a 20 year supply, so more freebase and salts are on the fall shopping list.
Thanks for that info ! It can get overwhelming researching tons of companies, I think i'll try those companies and make the switch, i don't understand the concept of people having to wait forever because it claims its the best.

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
I only use NN products for my mixing (Everything but flavors) and have had absolutely no issues with them. Every time I place an order the order arrives on my doorstep within a day or two.
Unfortunately i live in the complete opposite end of the Country from La Jolla where its made. Its is very pure indeed, but i just don't get the wait time, its not like it has to go through customs or something like that..

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
Never Nude but I've never waited that long for shipping on any ecig or even DIY stuff except from China. From the US I do get next day out, 3-5 day shipped.
Its ridiculous almost, they're located in California, which is normally a 3 to 5 day delivery time span. I too have ordered parts from China and they got here in half of that time, and after going through Customs etc.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just a "counterpoint" - though the complaint is certainly valid...

Nude Nic was never rated great for "shipping time".
It's the PRODUCT that got good reviews.

This has been consistent feedback about them - while 3 weeks is extreme, I recall them once warning me when ordering during a SALE that it could take that long for them to fulfill the rush.

Basically - I order nic when I think I might need it in a few years, so it's not a concern. :)
And I like the Nude Nic product.

Ive been using NN product for years now and i have to say that for an overall customer experience, half of the problem is their shipping/processing times. I waited over 3 weeks for this to be shipped the first time. Now its an average of 2.5 weeks to 3. There is no good reason why this should take so long and its not worth my time waiting forever for it to arrive, i don't care how nice the bottle looks, or how they formulate it in a lab, whatever- takes way too long to ship. The second someone figures out how to sell USP grade glycerin, and USP grade Nicotine, with a 1 day processing time and 3 to 5 day shipping, will take their business. The real issue with buying these is that you don't know when all of a sudden one day you decide to quit vaping, that can happen in a 3 week shipping time.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Unfortunately i live in the complete opposite end of the Country from La Jolla where its made. Its is very pure indeed, but i just don't get the wait time, its not like it has to go through customs or something like that..

I live about 2.5 hours from them so I'm sure it helps.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Its ridiculous almost, they're located in California, which is normally a 3 to 5 day delivery time span. I too have ordered parts from China and they got here in half of that time, and after going through Customs etc.

I've never had that fast from China. I've got a bag of screws from Amazon that is 3 days from 2 weeks since the last update I hope was it leaving China. I think they put it on a boat.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@CumulusRoom - Like several other posters, I've ordered nic base from NN before, and also from other vendors. I personally can't tell a difference in the quality nor taste of the regular 100mg/mL nic base in 100% VG from NN...and the same nic base from the following vendors. It's less expensive and arrives quicker, too, from these vendors: Heartland Vapes, Nicotine Giant (used to be RTS), Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, and Wizard Labs. None of theirs is peppery at all to me. That's why I have nic base from those vendors in "my stash" for the long haul.

However, when I first started DIY, I also bought 1L of MFS nic base. It was definitely peppery though, to me, and I ended up giving some away and reselling the rest locally. That was after I had to get the supplies to test the true nic mg of it...because they'd shorted me 180mL of my L, and I couldn't be sure of the actual nic content without testing it. (Didn't know if it was VG that was missing, or nic, or a combination of both.) I later found out that many people who DIY tobacco eliquids...actually prefer it, because of the peppery aspect to it.

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
@CumulusRoom - Like several other posters, I've ordered nic base from NN before, and also from other vendors. I personally can't tell a difference in the quality nor taste of the regular 100mg/mL nic base in 100% VG from NN...and the same nic base from the following vendors. It's less expensive and arrives quicker, too, from these vendors: Heartland Vapes, Nicotine Giant (used to be RTS), Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, and Wizard Labs. None of theirs is peppery at all to me. That's why I have nic base from those vendors in "my stash" for the long haul.

However, when I first started DIY, I also bought 1L of MFS nic base. It was definitely peppery though, to me, and I ended up giving some away and reselling the rest locally. That was after I had to get the supplies to test the true nic mg of it...because they'd shorted me 180mL of my L, and I couldn't be sure of the actual nic content without testing it. (Didn't know if it was VG that was missing, or nic, or a combination of both.) I later found out that many people who DIY tobacco eliquids...actually prefer it, because of the peppery aspect to it.

Thanks for that insight, i had no idea about the other companies, and i definitely don't care for that biting taste of nicotine in the E-juice. Other than NN, I ordered VG from Monarch Liquids, which i found is incredibly pure and have used that in the past but I'm done with NN, I just ordered from LNW and am curious how it'll taste in comparison. I use only 100% VG as propylene Glycol is purely synthetic. At the moment i am still stuck on pre-mixed nicotine base, at least i knew that the formulated amounts of Nicotine in NN's VG was accurate but I'm going to make that step to separate and formulate the Nicotine to base amounts myself. Thank you for mentioning those other companies, and the additional info !

CumulusRoom

Nov 25, 2016
Was going to order from Nic River (always use NN) but the shipping was more than the producto_O
I agree thats ridiculous as well ! It might be in small increments but these companies also make money off of their shipping costs i have found. There should be no reason why something the size of a shampoo bottle takes up to two weeks to ship through 5 states. Its not being shipped from Hawaii, or Alaska. . .

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've never ordered from NN, mainly because I already receive excellent nic promptly from Wizard labs and RTS/Nicotine Giant. Consistently smooth, clear and colorless from both, good service, why change? I did get a sample from LNW and it was very good as well, but I've never placed a regular order to judge shipping times. Good luck with your first try!

One factor I guess we'll all have to adjust to is the newer rules on shipping nic concentrate. I believe 60mg and 100mg can't be shipped through the air any longer in the US. All the vendors may slow down by a couple more days in these times.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't personally used NN and have heard good and bad things. I think you just develop your favorite vendors. I love Nicotine River and when I use them I make sure I qualify for free shipping. They are pretty diverse and really the sales can be great.

Just try some others and go with whom you consistently seem to like, etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread