Not open for further replies.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Government protects us again..

Fast food chains ditch trans fats to meet NYC ban
By The Associated Press – 1 day ago

Fast food restaurants have been changing their recipes to adapt to New York City's trans fat ban. Here are some of the menu overhauls at major chains:

_Dunkin Donuts: Quit using partially hydrogenated oil months ago in favor of a trans-fat-free blend of palm, soybean and cottonseed oil.

_Kentucky Fried Chicken: Ditched trans fats from cooking oil immediately, recently removed it from its pot pie and biscuits.

_Pizza Hut: Removed trans fat from the one style of pizza that had it.

_McDonald's: Stopped cooking fries in trans fat last year, and now has it out of cookies and baked apple pie too, at least in New York. The rest of the country will follow.

_Burger King: New York locations no longer use trans fat in fries, apple pie or biscuits, with plans to eliminate them nationwide.

_Boston Market: Testing a trans-fat-free version of its chicken pot pie and cornbread in New York. If all goes well, the recipe change will be expanded nationwide.

Another news article on same: http://www.newsday.com/services/new...health/ny-nyfat015747895jul01,0,4700017.story

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA
Sorry if this is off-topic but it seems kind of related (big brotherish). In Japan, rhe government has an anti-flab law and corporations are required to measure employees' waistlines and provide health and nutrition "counseling" or some such crap for those whose waistlines are over a certain limit of inches. Here's an article about it: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/health/243835

Whoa -- too much big brother! First smoking then transfat and next -- what's to keep the government from following in Japan's footstepts and start requiring our employers to monitor our weight!
VP

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
VP2008 said:
Sorry if this is off-topic but it seems kind of related (big brotherish). In Japan, rhe government has an anti-flab law and corporations are required to measure employees' waistlines and provide health and nutrition "counseling" or some such crap for those whose waistlines are over a certain limit of inches. Here's an article about it: http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/health/243835

Whoa -- too much big brother! First smoking then transfat and next -- what's to keep the government from following in Japan's footstepts and start requiring our employers to monitor our weight!
VP
Yeah, VP I saw a video of that on TV - lol

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
TropicalBob said:
How am I supposed to get my Daily Allowance of trans fat if the nanny state stops its use in my favorites fries?
I know! I'll smoke it by refilling Ruyan cartridges with trans fat ... Course, the Netherlands did that long ago.
So the Netherlands have been putting trans fat into the Ruyan cartridges - lol

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA
TropicalBob said:
Yes, the obese are next on the nanny list.

I expect financially strapped airlines to soon start charging BY WEIGHT. A passenger and all his/her baggage will step onto a scale and the total weight will determine the flight charge.

I saw that on the news. The airlines finally decided against it when it dawned on them that women would never fly again and they'd actually lose even more $$!

:p

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Really? That's funny. I mean, I just made that up as a joke. Geez. Jokes are becoming reality! What''s the world coming to?

Cindy: I was kidding about trans fats -- there was a Ruyan post where we were told how terrible it is to refill cartridges. Did you see that? I'll probably be joking about it for months. "The Netherlands" did that and went back to using the expensive regular catridges, quote-unquote. Oh. Guess they have abundant money over there to shell out to Ruyan.

So the rest of us will continue to kill ourselves, I guess, while The Netherlanders will inherit the Earth.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
TropicalBob said:
....Cindy: I was kidding about trans fats -- there was a Ruyan post where we were told how terrible it is to refill cartridges. Did you see that? I'll probably be joking about it for months. "The Netherlands" did that and went back to using the expensive regular catridges, quote-unquote. Oh. Guess they have abundant money over there to shell out to Ruyan.

So the rest of us will continue to kill ourselves, I guess, while The Netherlanders will inherit the Earth.
I know TB you were kidding. As RatInDaHat once politely responded to me, "I'm not that obliviou" - lol

But as far as the thread you referred to and the rest of the info I hadn't known about.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Here's the part from the Ruyan post that got me:

"We do not think it is a good idea for customers to store liquids, for hygienic reasons, for reasons of control of usage and for legal reasons. We do not mind however if you extract the liquid from 1 JANTY cartridge at a time, into a recipient and pour 2 or 3 drops at a time, directly on the atomizer. Keep the recipient (and cartridges for that matter) in the dark and keep it dry and not above 30°c.

"Buying liquid in large quantities in bottles or other recipients, storing it and using it comes with health risks and is really not much cheaper then using our cartridges, especially considering the quality of these liquids that can be purchased on the internet.

"I cannot prevent you from doing what you want to do, but we WILL find residues of bad cheap "uncontrolled administered " liquids in returned cloaked atomizers

"We have seen this many times in The Netherlands, we've seen all these ideas on the forums... now everyone is back to using cartridges."

Isn't that special, as the Church Lady used to say. :D

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
(trying quick reply for the first time)(and it works !)

After reading that and looking lovingly at my stock of favourite juice and then at a packet of the evil weed sticks, the answer is crytal clear to me, cigarettes 0 stored liquid 1.

Blow that for a box of broken biscuits, I'll keep using liquid and squeezing my used up carts .... that's what's the basis of my favourite ever changing "melange" mixture.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
"Melange" is actually offered for pipe tobacco, too. They sweep all the unused tobacco bits from mixing various offerings (like my favorite, Shortcut to Mushrooms) into a bag and sell it for a buck.

And being able to do this for e-liquid tells us how absolutely wimpy the flavors really are. Melange should taste awful, but I've squeezed bunches of cartridges and never gotten any discernible flavor.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm constantly changing juices and adding drops to a cart that still has the old juice in it. Sometimes, I discover a new mix. A couple of drops of luscious caramel can spike up a boring tobacco flavor. But, what's that got to do with trans fats?

You can always tell your overweight trans fat addicted co-workers with high BMI that smoking will take those pounds off! Then, they can learn to vape and find them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread