O-rings for Aqua v2 sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Thinking on ordering a v2-styled setup from FT since it seems to match my vaping style on paper. Not seeing any Aqua-specific o-ring kits over there, I guess I'll have to source out the o-rings separately. Does anyone know the sizing for them? I don't like buying something I can't get repair parts for :) Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks.. I think I came across some postings elsewhere (can't dig them up now) involving 2mm thickness but I'm not 100% sure and would like to know that I have those shipped my way at the same time as the tank. That's why I was hoping one member of the community might already have the measurements or specs. I'm not able to get any parts/components quickly, basically FT's my option. Local B&M's are marketed to the casual vaper whose mommy and daddy have large bank accounts.

Do you think FT will start carrying a better assortment of replacement parts for Aquas in the future? I'm also open to another RTA with commonly available parts and whose airflow can be dialed down to Aqua's levels.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No, I think FT and others are phasing out the Aqua v2. Such a great tank though and worth having. You can't get repair kits for the authentic either though. However most clones come with an extra set.

I bought hundreds of o rings from The Oring Store so I pretty much have all I need for all my tanks.

Some of the authentic modders offer extra o ring kits, but not many. Really, its not that hard to find o rings when needed.

Reactions: jefsview

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
All I ever heard about Aqua V2 were good things. Why would they be phasing out such a good products when there's so much junk out there? I heard rumours about a V3 but some possible troll-job(?) by the OEM muddied the waters - FT's been promising a V3 with unknown specs but their community members aren't optimistic about it. Any concrete info on that front?

I can't use North American suppliers any more without paying prohibitively expensive shipping rates.. Ahh the days of being able to walk over to a well-stocked B&M or Amazon anything within 72hrs lol

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well, if you aren't in the US, metric o rings are probably easily available at hardware stores.

I think Footoon putting a stop to his attys being manufactured still and sold to FT is the reason its disappearing. If you want one, get it soon.

There is no v3 :). That was a joke. The newest one is the SE. Its nearly the same as the v2. Smaller capacity,.top.fills and different airflow. At least Footoon admits that one is made in China and is asking a more reasonable price for it.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
You'd think so, but chances are it would be cheaper to buy a new tank, considering the pricing here. Even looking at a certain retiler that shall not be named but starts with Ali and ends with Express :cool: most of the sets they are selling are imperial.

FT is still selling a V2 clone. Yeah the price went up a bit, but not terribly so and they sell extra tanks, but no other extra parts. Would have been nice to snag an extra deck for example. In any case, got one on the way. Thanks for all the info. Did a lot of homework and the more I read about this design the more I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread