O-rings on Phiniac! AAAARGH !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
OH but I'm frustrated ... and sweaty .... I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to replace one of the o-rings on my Phiniac! It took very little time for my Cinnamon Red Hots to eat through the o-rings, but since I got a replacement set with my phiniac, I thought "No sweat" ... HA!

To begin with, the replacement rings are of different sizes. The smaller one went in with only minor difficulty, but the bigger one? No way ... there remains a portion that won't poke into the groove no matter how much I cuss it! I watched the video by Chris on how to replace ... he makes it look so damn easy ... but video doesn't always portray Real Life.

Can anyone help me? Pleeeeeeeze??? :mad:

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Phiniac had a little whoopsie with my tank there were no o-rings fitted.

Quick email and in 2 days I had them.

It took me 30 minutes of fiddling with 2 small flat head screwdrivers to fit them.

I suggest you fit one side hold it in place with one screwdriver and run the rest into place with the other screwdriver.

And lots of patience.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
To begin with, the replacement rings are of different sizes. The smaller one went in with only minor difficulty, but the bigger one? No way ... there remains a portion that won't poke into the groove no matter how much I cuss it!

Are you trying to put that bigger o-ring in the inner hole where the carto slides through? I'm pretty sure that bigger o-ring is intended for the outer slot on the cap to seal against the tank tube and no amount of elbow grease will get it to compress enough to seat in the inner slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread