O2Vapor 808d Clearomizer Review - WOW, EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveesl

Sep 26, 2011
Florida
I've been vaping for about a year now, been refilling carts for almost as long and yes refilling can be a hassle. A few months ago I started doing the DIY route for making my own liquid which has worked out pretty well. But it all comes down to refilling carts, a hassle no matter how you do it. And don't get me started on the involved cleaning process for normal cartomizers. If you aren't retired (as I am) or have a lot of patience and free time, may not be worth it.

Along comes O2Vapor and their new 808d clearomizer. To be honest, I had tried the clearomizer for the eGo from another vendor and it is ok. Problem was that I only have 2 eGo batteries, but a bunch of 808d batteries. When I saw O2 had the new design clearomizer for the 808 I decided to give it a try. I Am Impressed!

First of all, the clearomizer design makes cleaning/refilling a breeze. To refill, simply twist off the mouthpiece and fill it up. No waiting for polyfill to absorb, no slinging around carts in a sling (waiting for them to go flying off in all directions I might add). Nope, with the Clearomizer just fill it up.

To clean it is so simple even I can do it. Once again, I just remove the mouth piece, drop them into a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Then I'll take a cup of cheap, high-octane vodka and drop the dirty clearomizer into it overnight. By morning, shake out the liquid. You can immediately use it or do what I do and let it air dry for a day. Now it is like brand new, regardless of what liquid concoction you have used (and I make some weird ones).

These only need to be cleaned if you have used some various flavors or you pulled down the liquid volume low and started to get a burned taste. Yes, I know, the beauty of a clearomizer is that you can actually see the liquid level and should never burn one, but I'm old and stupid :). Regardless, I'll clean them about once a week anyway.

How well do they last? Man, I don't know, but the real question I guess is do they ever stop working. For me, not yet.

O2Vapor's 808d clearomizer, called the Infinity, uses the new long-thread wicks and I can tell you from experience this was such an obvious and needed modification to the clearomizer design. It just works great and removes much of the hassles with the older short wick design.

The really huge advantage to this product is that it works with 808d batteries. So now, with these, I can use them on my old 808 batts as well as my eGo batteries with the 808 adapter. And one more thing, the O2Vapor Infinity clearomizers work with both manual and automatics, with both short and long, with real 808d batteries and eGo batteries with the little adapter.

It just doesn't get any easier or better. While the clearomizer initially costs more per unit than a cartomizer, I do not think that there is even a competition between the two. I might get 5 refills on a cart before it is unsalvageable, where with the Clearomizer, I don't know many times you can bring them back, as I've never killed one yet. No matter how funky I make it, do the overnight easy clean and bam, back to new condition.

You cannot compare the ease of refilling or flavor change between the two, clearomizer wins hands down, not even a race.

Initialization is one area that people have a problem with using a clearomizer - here is what works for me and is really easy. Take the new clearomizer and immediately drop in in a glass of cheap, high-octane vodka. Let it sit for an hour or so, this removes whatever manufacturing stuff may or may not exist. Remove it, shake it to remove most of the remaining vodka and do a quick dry burn. I prefer to let it air dry overnight, removes all of the vodka taste, but you can also load it immediately.

Clearomizer do have a slightly stronger taste than cartomizers and for most people it takes a little while to get used to. Thing is, once you are used to them, the cartomizers do not taste very good. Clear liquid vs liquid held in polyfill I think.

So O2Vapors, having great customer service, has brought us a fantastic product that was needed for the 808d users. Thank you guys!

dave

daveesl

Sep 26, 2011
Florida
Well, it has now been a few weeks and the clearomizers are still just chugging along like new. As to the interaction with alcohol, I wanted to see if there was an effect and after 6 overnight alcohol baths absolutely no sign of cracking or leaking. In fact, if anything they seal better now than before. I often have to push a toothpick down the throat to do a refill.

I'll never buy a cartomizer again, these have absolutely sold me. The long wicks seem to work so much better than the short-wick eGo design. Beauty of it is that I have a couple of the eGo to 808d adapter screws, so I can interchange these between all the various batteries. And even on crappy, old batts, these just keep on working. I am amazed.

The flavors stay true, and what I really like is that say I had a fruit blend in the clearomizer, I can then just fill it up with something like tobacco and after a few minutes the fruit flavor is gone and the tobacco is in. That would never happen with a cart. Haven't tried doing it with a strong flavor to weak, like say Capuccino to RY4, but who knows.

Great product!

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread