Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Which post? One of my Nanos did this, was the one with the insulator. I inspected the insulator and it was fine. Just pushed it back in and used it until I got another.

Seeing your pics in your other post Letitia nailed it just push the post back onto the insulator as long as it will go on snug and stays secure you should be good to go.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Seeing your pics in your other post Letitia nailed it just push the post back onto the insulator as long as it will go on snug and stays secure you should be good to go.
I've never posted a pic, don't know how. :oops: Please don't ask me for a link either.:lol:

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm all scared! Its the obs engine but not the nano. I tried sticking it back on but it still keeps coming lose. When I tried heating the coils only side side appears to be heating.
Same principle, but Northernshrink is right, don't use it. If you can return it. The way I pulled mine out is I over tightened my grub screws. I over tighten everything.

Reactions: Beamslider

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is the pic in question. Three threads have been started on the same thing

OBD engine.....!

20180106_184203-jpg.710983

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I just dont understand why out of all the Google searches i did on this tank never did i see the posts will come off. I would have never purchased it. Can this cause a short?seems dangerous! Someone help a newbie out. Two part verticle post preferred leak proof tank? Recommendation please.

Last edited:

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I recommend returning it for another or for your cash back. If you are starting out building coils a single coil is better anyway until you get the hang of it.
Think im going to return. Waiting on the company to approve the return from reporting it broken on first day received. I'm not a lucky vaper I feel.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Identical other than the finish on them. One has black paint the other is SS without paint.

Hmm. So if it just the same i may want to skip this tank after all. I have never had the OBS Engine dual coil. But the I do have the OBS NANO single coil. I have never had an issue with it.
What's the favorite yet affordable tried but true quality rta? And easier for newbies pweassseee help a newbie out my new friends

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
For anyone to recommend an RTA that you might like, they would need to know more about how you plan on using it.

Direct to Lung Vaping? The OBS Engine is a DTL tank. So guessing that is what your are after.

If you are a Mouth to Lung vaper, you will need a different type of RTA

What about wire type? Are you planning on using single strand wire or clapton, etc.

If you are new to building coils, you are better off with a single coil tank as they are far easier to learn to build. Dual coil tanks are somewhat more complicated. You will need to wrap to 2 coils with the same number of wraps, they are also harder to get wicking right on. The ohm on a dual coil will be far lower too. 2 .5 ohm coils installed in a dual coil RTA drop to .25 ohm.

I am sure there will be lots of recommendations for tanks, especially if you give more specifics on what you are looking for.

But do consider getting a simple single coil tank for your first tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread