OBS engine......!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
For anyone to recommend an RTA that you might like, they would need to know more about how you plan on using it.

Direct to Lung vaping? The OBS Engine is a DTL tank. So guessing that is what your are after.

If you are a Mouth to Lung vaper, you will need a different type of RTA

What about wire type? Are you planning on using single strand wire or clapton, etc.

If you are new to building coils, you are better off with a single coil tank as they are far easier to learn to build. Dual coil tanks are somewhat more complicated. You will need to wrap to 2 coils with the same number of wraps, they are also harder to get wicking right on. The ohm on a dual coil will be far lower too. 2 .5 ohm coils installed in a dual coil RTA drop to .25 ohm.

I am sure there will be lots of recommendations for tanks, especially if you give more specifics on what you are looking for.

But do consider getting a simple single coil tank for your first tank.
Highly unlikely tank will leak. I hae the vv mesh rda but any special coils have difficulty and I can't fit two. I tried the two with a25g Kendall bet5-8 wraps on that deck it was okaythe the constant dripping i didn't like having to bring dropping bottle for on the go or if I lay it down let the flood water open (insert a pic of Moses here lol). What i think i need is an unbroken obs but he's he is why I choose it
Veloxity style (heard is the easiest to build for anewbie)
side filling for these shaky hands
Smoke top open close, get build in add juice.. vape
Decent fill capacity.

Opi don't think I like the one with a lot of parts like the circles that go around the. H country7 p]

But my one think I need is side filling.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No equipment is totally failsafe even if it gets excellent reviews. Honestly, return the tank it looks defective but that does happen occasionally. You don't have to feel like you did something wrong returning it on the first day, most mod equipment that is going to fail, will do so early on in the process, so if you want to feel lucky about anything, I'd say feel lucky you are still in the warranty period.

I know it's disappointing since you have waited for this tank after researching, but it doesn't mean it's bad equipment IN GENERAL just not great for you.

I would try a simple single coil build deck if it were my first RDA/RDTA, but I don't use that type of equipment (I am an RTA chick) so I don't really know what to offer. If pricing is similar upon return, if you have a dual coil engine, could see if you could get it replaced with the single coil version (is it the nano? I'm not entirely sure, but someone will be) if there is one....

Best of luck, and you are advancing up the vaping ladder quickly and with enthusiasm. I did that too in the beginning and had my share of failures/equipment that was not right for me at all, or not right at the time and I managed to survive it and get some great setups (drop in and RTA) with some experimentation. That's not unusual and sometimes why start-up costs in the beginning are higher. I had to find what was right for me, and then get enough setups I liked to find satisfaction.

So don't feel overly anxious or rushed is my advice, whatever you decide to do with equipment moving forward. It's okay if it takes a little longer.... :)

Anna

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
It looks like you got the one bad one I have ever seen. I have a couple of these and never had any trouble. I have a couple of the single coil nano's and love them. Great flavor and plenty of vapor. There easy to build also. I wouldnt be down on OBS to much. Thats the first one I ever saw that was bad.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've bought 8 Engines (one dual 7 Nano) and only had the one issue and I was able to fix it. I will always recommend these rtas as long as they are available. Been using them since their release and haven't had to replace so much as an o ring, even the grubs are holding up well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread