Odd Cartomizer behavior on the Grand? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Hi everyone, I've been having a terrible go with my Grand and cartomizers recently. And I have NO idea what's causing it, it seems a bit bazar to me. My problem is with the last 8 or so fresh and new cartos, Boge SR on my Grand at 6 volts. I go through my condom fill ritual, (I've been using this set up for over a year so I have filling down) let rest for an hour or so, top off and put on my grand. I always do a few dry sucks before I fire, then fire as usual.

Well now, I'll take my normal hit, then disengage my fire button when my grand continues to fire for a few more seconds on it's very own....:( then starts burning my Carto....every time. I have NEVER seen this or heard of this.....Any ideas? My spring is in perfect shape, my firing pin is new and in the right shape. Am I misfiring? Shorting? I check my batts daily and am confident their in good shape. Any help would be much appreciated, Im just tired of burning up my Boge stockpile, and want to get back to vaping........

Thanks All Nina :)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Rhaspsodies, it's great to see you too, sorry I've been busy, I promise to come by more :).......

? I'm not sure how that fits my problem though :( my locking pin works just fine, I've tried to watch it and nothing seems to be making contact as I release my finger
It's not so much about the locking pin...as the same issue you are having. Give Rob's suggestion a try and see if it helps. :)

It's okay, Nina!...no need to apologize...we all get busy. ;)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Don't know if this will pertain to issue but........... as most know I have a bunch of REOs going all the way back to beginning. All of them have slightly different button action. A couple of weeks ago I got out several of my blacks, Mini and Grand, to use as a "set" with DH and me to go out to dine. I like doing that. Anyway, the polished black I got off of classies and, it was well used before I got it, and a very early Mini, has the shortest drop of any. It takes only very slight depression to fire. I love that AND I got too much noalox on the firing pin and between the firing pin and button so that it is almost too easy to depress. Also, it is a risk of sticking down position and releasing raising up more slowly than the other due to 1) the firing pin being less stiff/springy than the others and 2)being sluggish from too much noalox gumming up the action. So a good cleaning up the noalox was necessary. (I really gooped it on. I must have done it in the kitchen with lights off.)

Hugs, Feisty Alice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread