Odd hardware question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrsb

Jun 22, 2020
I put this in the mods section because I figure you guys are more likely to know details about the hardware.

I vape occasionally, but my question is for a side project.

For a miniature model build I want something that can produce vapour at the click of a button, to simulate the smoke/dry ice you get in a nightclub.

A vape would be ideal, but I want to know if any models or mods can produce the vapour automatically or constantly, without the need to activate nor release through suction.

I've looked at fish tank mist machines, but they usually require water to sit in, which does not work with my model design. Vape fluid is contained in a tank which is more suitable for this.

Thanks

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Jrsb, you'd probably want something that would work like an RDA / Auto Squonker and use maybe an impeller pump to create a vacuum.

As I don't think that positive pressure and RDA's work together well, I'm thinking physics here.

And you could use plain VG (Vegetable Glycerine) to produce nice thick vapour, but would that be okay to use with your project?

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I put this in the mods section because I figure you guys are more likely to know details about the hardware.

I vape occasionally, but my question is for a side project.

For a miniature model build I want something that can produce vapour at the click of a button, to simulate the smoke/dry ice you get in a nightclub.

A vape would be ideal, but I want to know if any models or mods can produce the vapour automatically or constantly, without the need to activate nor release through suction.

I've looked at fish tank mist machines, but they usually require water to sit in, which does not work with my model design. Vape fluid is contained in a tank which is more suitable for this.

Thanks
As far as I'm concerned, the whole idea of a vaping devices is based on suction of air, not only to release the vapor, but to cool down coils as well. If you fire the device without sucking for a longer period you will end up burning the wick inside a coil. You will need to somehow hook up a mini air pump with a vape device to do what you intend to. Look up mini air pumps/ 12v mini air pumps online. I imagine using a draw-activated vape pods might be the solution, like smok infinix, I'm not 100% sure but if you attach the pump on the outher side (opposite to mouthpiece) where the air intake is, and manage to blow the air through, you might achieve the desired effect. Or find a vape tank with single airflow configuration and do the same- blow air into intake while vape is on. You will have to adjust the coil and wattage though to match the amount of air going in not to burn the coil and cause overheating. Ambitious project.

• Creative
Reactions: Mordacai

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
You might want to google along the lines of "miniture fog machine". Seems there are some minifogger systems that fit in your hand. Using a e-cig mod you would have to get around the 10 sec. cut off if constant vapor is your intent.
That's probably a better and cheaper solution than what I posted earlier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread