odd problem screwing griffin into EVIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudubitn

Jul 11, 2012
israel
hello,

lately i have odd problem to screw the griffin Atty's to my eVic mod...its just turn around without screwing in.
here is my main problem: the griffin Atty's(510 thread) fit perfectly to any other battery that i have!!! just not to the eVic.
and the oposite is also true: i can screw and fit other Atty's and clearomizers to the eVic thread.
just cannot screwing together the eVic and the griffin Atty's. to fit them together i need to push very hard the griffin into the eVic and spin them until i get half screwing..and its not a stable one...i must sayed that a week ago i could screw them together without any problem..what could changed?... very odd.
333c.jpg
thank you.
david

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I do not own the evic but by looking at your positive pin on your griffin in your picture it looks like its sticking out a little too much and may prevent it from grabbing the threads in your evic as the Griffin pin may be hitting the pin in your evic first before threads and just spinning.
Its easy to find out .
For example remove the pin out of your Griffin "theres no need to drain tank' and see if it screws into your evic properly.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It is just a difference in Pin height from unit to unit. Your other units may have slightly collapsed pins from use thus allowing the griffin to attach. Tighten the center pin up until all but flush and give it a try. If this works and you still want to use the griffin on other devices, you may need to pull their pins back up a touch.

After over tightening on the eVic a few times the pin in it will probably also drop a bit.

ETA- My eVic will arrive in a few days and after examining it, I'll try to add more info.
Your video was a bit to blurry to get a good look into the connector area, bit I'm almost certian tightening the Griffin center pin will fix you up.

Last edited:

dudubitn

Jul 11, 2012
israel
thank you all. no its not the drip cover issue at all....
when i removed totaly the center pin in the griffin i can screw it in, but with a very short turn spinning...i dont understand why its different from unit to unit..its should be the same. 510 thread its kind of standart? no?
yes tightening is my solution for now...but its not a stable solution because of the weight of the griffin Atty. every touch make it loose.

i can upload a HD quality of this video if you want to...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hope you haven't already damaged/stretched the threads on your eVic.
Just received both my eVics and have checked 2 Griffin/mini-DID clones on both. Everything works fine. They will tend to rock when making contact but not cranked down tight. Note: you are not supposed to tighten beyond contact or damage to the center pin can occur.
Several tanks including these are a bit wobbly on ALL my mods unless they hit the top before fully seated. It is normal
Back a bolt slightly out of any nut and feel the slack/wiggle.
When ever possible use a type D-cone adapter to support the tank. it can be adjusted to the needed height then seat the Tank to it.

Best of luck
Dal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread