Odd taste with Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadheadharry

Aug 19, 2010
USA
So, I just got some more juice and mostly everything tastes alright...

It just seems that with some of the cartomizers, I get the taste of the "cotton/poly fill" that is inside... Something isn't right. The cartomizers do have plenty of liquid and produce a great amount of vapor, but it just seems that some type of taste comes through that is really off.

For the rest of my blank cartomizers, I popped the caps off and put them in front of a fan for a few hours so any "smell" inside of them will hopefully disseminate.

Any ideas?

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I am about to give cartomizers another shot. I hope they have made some progress since I last used them. I have read that some models are easier to refill that others via a hole in the top. Maybe try a diff juice in them and see if it helps. The taste you are getting might be burnt material, maybe try to moisten it up a bit. Hope this helps, but if not I'm sure someone with way more cartomizer experience will be along soon. Hope you get it figured out soon.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
It just seems that with some of the cartomizers, I get the taste of the "cotton/poly fill" that is inside... Something isn't right. The cartomizers do have plenty of liquid and produce a great amount of vapor, but it just seems that some type of taste comes through that is really off.
Any ideas?

I've noticed this with 2 of the 3 packs of cartos I got last.. just a blah cotton type vape with little of the juice flavor comming out.. Have no idea what the problem is though, only thing I figured is they started making my cartos differently and now they stink lol (2 packs were cool carts), the 3 pack is premium blanks which are working better but, there still is a slight bland taste to them and I have to drip to get a decent flavor out of them.. been so disappointed with how the cartos have been working lately that I started using my M402 atties again and I really don't like atties!!
BTW the C2 ceramics work pretty well (loads of flavor of the juice you are using), may want to try them if you keep having problems with regular ones..

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I'm having less patience w/ filler cartos these days myself. I've been getting the 'nail polish' smell on a lot these days. The smell comes from the caps. It does go away if you let them air out or wash the caps/condoms. Besides that I notice the off/odd taste more and more from the filler too. I'll second the CE2 motion. While they're not perfect the taste is great when they wick properly.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
The first carto's I got were hard cap 510 Boge's. They worked very well and survived cleaning and still worked reasonably well. I got some SLB's that had different filler, didn't work quite as well and rarely performed half decently after cleaning. I then got some soft cap Boge's. The filler was different than the hard cap version. While they work okay when they're fresh they don't seem to do all that well after cleaning. In the course of things I tried the eGo mega cartomizers and they were a total waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned. Now I'm using E2's and am reasonably satisfied even though they require some tinkering to get them working well.

Part of my dissatisfaction with standard Boge's and SLB's stems from my desire to be able to clean and reuse them. I've heard all the people that say use 'em once and throw them away so I don't need to hear it again. Although I've failed so far I would still like to find an alternative to smoking that's cheaper rather than one that is more expensive. See my banner - xxx cigarettes avoided, $0 saved.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
<----- Not a fan of filler cartos

No matter what I do (including washing them out with distilled water), I can't get the filler taste out. This is why I'm dealing with the issues with the E2 ceramics and modding them out so that they work properly.

I refuse to drip because I'm riddled with ADD and have no patience for it, but I love the flavor and vapor production with dripping. Ceramics--with all their issues--are still the best option for those of us who hate the filler taste and have no patience for dripping. Hopefully the R4 version that's coming out will solve all of the current issues and we'll all be happy. :)

fwm

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Arkansas
My last blanks, some of them are cool carts, some are premiums, all taste like old rubberbands........GROSS.......I don't know WHAT that is.........I'm not a fan of filling anyway because I'm not so good at it, but I have some juice that I really like.............I filled two carts and be darned if they don't both taste awful. At first I thought it was the juice.........it is not. I drew on just a blank cart and it is GROSS........the smell is awful. I'm going to wash them out with hot water and see if some of that will go away. Now that I know that is where it is coming from I know why I've got pre-filled carts that I don't like the taste of. It is not the juice, it is the filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread