OFRF GEAR RTA this is one overrated tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
All the reviews of this tank, if you watch many of them as I did, is so convincing, they almost kinda like say yes! buy one and you will not be disappointed! Guess what?! I am freakin disappointed! It's not much better vs my good old Kylin mini! Honestly, my taste buds say they are equal in flavor. And It's so small, it's like an RDA that you need to fill it up every few hits! An RDA is much better at least you don't have to unscrew to drip, this one holds little to no juice!

Now I don't know what to do with this thing! I'm not gonna bring this outside and look like a fool by continuously opening the thing to fill up. And this won't even hold enough juice for a toilet session... derp!

To be fair, the reviews of this product are all honest IMO. The flavor is good, but not outstanding! Like please! Don't smile and say WOW! The flavor is really good! Like I said, it's only equal to my Kylin mini! Another fair point to them, they did not fail to mention that this is one very small tank. How did I even fall for this? I don't know... I guess if you already own an old Ferrari, a brand new Toyota won't do you any good. My bad. My fault. Maybe I'm a noob... Thanks and sorry!

End of rant...

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
20190114_131656.jpg

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
And that's why reviewers aren't vape gods. They're ppl with opinions. But I enjoy mine. I got it this Friday. It's a flavor banger juice drinker but I'm used to carrying around a bottle anyways. Very good flavor but I think my KF5 has better w/ simple round wire, but it's not far behind. Sorry it didn't live up to the type for you. I don't do tanks much so it's just a nice change of pace for me.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
And that's why reviewers aren't vape gods. They're ppl with opinions. But I enjoy mine. I got it this Friday. It's a flavor banger juice drinker but I'm used to carrying around a bottle anyways. Very good flavor but I think my KF5 has better w/ simple round wire, but it's not far behind. Sorry it didn't live up to the type for you. I don't do tanks much so it's just a nice change of pace for me.

Yeah it's good flavor... This tank will blow away any sub ohm starter tank like maybe from smok or eleaf. But putting it against a good baseline atomizer, It's gonna show it's flaws. Honestly, it's not a bad buy. It's just not worth the hype IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: FΛDED

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Yeah it's good flavor... This tank will blow away any sub ohm starter tank like maybe from smok or eleaf. But putting it against a good baseline atomizer, It's gonna show it's flaws. Honestly, it's not a bad buy. It's just not worth the hype IMO.

Some blew it way out of proportion but it happens a lot in our industry. But for a company's first entry atomizer, they deserve credit, I think.

Nice mods and workstation btw. Much better than my ghetto coffee table.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Some blew it way out of proportion but it happens a lot in our industry. But for a company's first entry atomizer, they deserve credit, I think.

Nice mods and workstation btw. Much better than my ghetto coffee table.

I know it's their first entry with this name, but aren't they the same or a sub of wotofo? If I google search
OFRF there are two products that will appear. This GEAR RTA, and an OFRF branded mesh with marking 'DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR PROFILE REBUILDABLES'... That's mesh drop ins for the wotofo profile RDA, right?

I have no work station exclusive for vape, that's my computer table but yeah you can call that my work station... :) The mod is ROFVAPE XER 90 bought as matchy matchy for the Kylin mini's gold and black. :D

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
I know it's their first entry with this name, but aren't they the same or a sub of wotofo? If I google search
OFRF there are two products that will appear. This GEAR RTA, and an OFRF branded mesh with marking 'DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR PROFILE REBUILDABLES'... That's mesh drop ins for the wotofo profile RDA, right?

I have no work station exclusive for vape, that's my computer table but yeah you can call that my work station... :) The mod is ROFVAPE XER 90 bought as matchy matchy for the Kylin mini's gold and black. :D

Ah ok. Makes sense. There's so many sister/sub companies it's kind of hard to keep up with them all.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
All the reviews of this tank, if you watch many of them as I did, is so convincing, they almost kinda like say yes! buy one and you will not be disappointed! Guess what?! I am freakin disappointed! It's not much better vs my good old Kylin mini! Honestly, my taste buds say they are equal in flavor. And It's so small, it's like an RDA that you need to fill it up every few hits! An RDA is much better at least you don't have to unscrew to drip, this one holds little to no juice!

Now I don't know what to do with this thing! I'm not gonna bring this outside and look like a fool by continuously opening the thing to fill up. And this won't even hold enough juice for a toilet session... derp!

To be fair, the reviews of this product are all honest IMO. The flavor is good, but not outstanding! Like please! Don't smile and say WOW! The flavor is really good! Like I said, it's only equal to my Kylin mini! Another fair point to them, they did not fail to mention that this is one very small tank. How did I even fall for this? I don't know... I guess if you already own an old Ferrari, a brand new Toyota won't do you any good. My bad. My fault. Maybe I'm a noob... Thanks and sorry!

End of rant...

I have a Gear RTA. For Single Wire Coils, and the type of Wattage I use, the Flavor is pretty Good.

Is it the Best Flavor of any RTA I own? No. It Isn't. I'd put it in the Upper 20% or so.
Is it the Biggest RTA I own with the Largest e-Liquid Capacity? Not even Close. LOL.

But here's the Deal... I Didn't buy it as a Fill Once and Vape All Day RTA.

I bought it because I wanted a Small/Compact RTA with Good Flavor. I Don't Need a 7ml RTA on a Dual Battery Mod when I hop in the car to go to the Post Office. Or to run a Few Errands or to go out to Dinner/Movies. I want a Small/Compact RTA on a Small/Discreet Mod that gives me Good Flavor when I'm out n' about.

It kinda seems Funny that the Gear RTA is getting so much Hoopla about having to Re-Fill it. I mean, what do people Expect from a 2ml RTA?

Last edited:

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
It kinda seems Funny that the Gear RTA is getting so much Hoopla about having to Re-Fill it. I mean, what do people Expect from a 2ml RTA?

That's only half Hoopla for me... (half the story) I said it's not a bad buy. Just not worth the hype. I'm willing to trade that capacity away if the flavor hype is real. The flavor it good, but not outstanding. I don't know if you watch Jai Haze, but you don't have to... He's just a reviewer who likes to give 5.5 to 6 ratings to very good mods and attys, then all of a sudden he gave 9.2 on this... LOL This big fat dude seems to have a fetish for tiny attys, just assuming... Anyways, I'm glad you're diggin yours. I need to put this somewhere useful. It's beautiful as a show off piece and a nice back up too, but never gonna be my daily all day atty.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
That's only half Hoopla for me... (half the story) I said it's not a bad buy. Just not worth the hype. I'm willing to trade that capacity away if the flavor hype is real. The flavor it good, but not outstanding. I don't know if you watch Jai Haze, but you don't have to... He's just a reviewer who likes to give 5.5 to 6 ratings to very good mods and attys, then all of a sudden he gave 9.2 on this... LOL This big fat dude seems to have a fetish for tiny attys, just assuming... Anyways, I'm glad you're diggin yours. I need to put this somewhere useful. It's beautiful as a show off piece and a nice back up too, but never gonna be my daily all day atty.
i think your main issue is JAI HAZE, he is freaking PAID reviewer with childish attitude, as long as you afford to pay, he can even tell you PIG can fly, if needed too ...

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
i think your main issue is JAI HAZE, he is freaking PAID reviewer with childish attitude, as long as you afford to pay, he can even tell you PIG can fly, if needed too ...

JAI HAZE, and many other as it seems... JAI HAZE is the last of the 8 to 10 reviews I saw. All of them said something about the flavor, and that made me buy this, it's alright though. Anyways.. I'm already over this one. I already bought it and cannot return it for another atty. Either I keep this or give it away... I'm greedy! I'm keeping it! :D

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

About the Only thing I watch Atomizer reviews is to get Better Shots of what the Atomizer looks like.

Because Taste is Way Too Subjective. Way Too Subjective for people who have No Bias. Let Alone someone who is a Reviewer with the Money/Free Stuff/Amount of Followers thing thrown in.

---

If you want to get More Flavor out of your Gear RTA, and if you haven't Tried it already, try swapping the Stock Drip Tip out for a slightly more restrictive one. And try a NiChrome 80 1.0 ~ 1.2ohm build with Lots of Cotton stuffed into the Deck.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
JAI HAZE, and many other as it seems... JAI HAZE is the last of the 8 to 10 reviews I saw. All of them said something about the flavor, and that made me buy this, it's alright though. Anyways.. I'm already over this one. I already bought it and cannot return it for another atty. Either I keep this or give it away... I'm greedy! I'm keeping it! :D

i like it cause of simple build n wick, not like kylin mini (everything need to be perfect, else u can finish juice without vaping :p ) .....

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I've had tanks that got raves here from members that turned out to be meh at best for me. Reviews and opinions from users are just that, opinions. I accept I may not agree, and I don't expect others to always agree with my opinions.
i try to find flaw but will accept it later, cause i PAID, no reason to hate what i PAID :p

Last edited:

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I'm totally over this post mateys.. I am using the tank regularly. Still not satisfied but it's usable. I should've just followed my instincts and grab the serpent elevate, or any other top air flow tanks out there. This tank and all my previous tanks have condensation collecting inside the air flow openings that tend to look like they are leaking, but obviously not. I have this issue in the kylin and previous smok and eleaf tanks, and also this one. I'm still looking for that one tank where I have nothing bad to say... :( But I agree... I already paid for it, so I'm keeping it! I'm greedy! :D Maybe after a year I will give these tanks away when I finally found what I am looking for.

Cheers!:party:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm totally over this post mateys.. I am using the tank regularly. Still not satisfied but it's usable. I should've just followed my instincts and grab the serpent elevate, or any other top air flow tanks out there. This tank and all my previous tanks have condensation collecting inside the air flow openings that tend to look like they are leaking, but obviously not. I have this issue in the kylin and previous smok and eleaf tanks, and also this one. I'm still looking for that one tank where I have nothing bad to say... :( But I agree... I already paid for it, so I'm keeping it! I'm greedy! :D Maybe after a year I will give these tanks away when I finally found what I am looking for.

Cheers!:party:

Well, all I can say is it seems that the quest for perfection never ends, so you might as well enjoy the ride.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
vic did say he could empty the tank in 3-4 minutes. flavor? some say phenomenal, some say just ok. could be the build?

i saw this in the shop. its small, light and came highly recommended. ofrf isnt for me though. i prefer tanks that sip juice. my kayfun prime can last me half a day to a full day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread