OG Nautilus no atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
Hi all! Just put a new coil in a clean nautilus 5ml and my mod is showing no atomizer. Checked to make sure the coil was tight, tried a different coil nothing worked. Put my other nautilus (with one of the aforementioned coils) on the same mod and was good to go.

what in the world could be wrong? Nothing there to break!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My guess is that the positive 510 pin on the tank is most likely pushed in. IIRC, that pin is spring loaded on the Nautilus so it could be that it's gunked up and the spring isn't pushing out the pin as far as it should.

You'll have to push the pin out from the inside of the base and clean it out. But be careful because the srping and the pin may go flying. lol

Also, assuming it's an old tank, realize that the rubber insulator around the pin may become damaged when you remove the pin as it may be brittle. That makes your tank useless until you can find a suitable insulator/grommet. DO NOT try to use the tank without the insulator.

I have these from ft before but never checked if they fit for a nautilus tank.

$2.16 Rubber Insulation Rings for eGo Batteries (50-Pack) 50-pack - grey at FastTech - Free Shipping

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    My guess is that the positive 510 pin on the tank is most likely pushed in. IIRC, that pin is spring loaded on the Nautilus so it could be that it's gunked up and the spring isn't pushing out the pin as far as it should.

You'll have to push the pin out from the inside of the base and clean it out. But be careful because the srping and the pin may go flying. lol

Also, assuming it's an old tank, realize that the rubber insulator around the pin may become damaged when you remove the pin as it may be brittle. That makes your tank useless until you can find a suitable insulator/grommet. DO NOT try to use the tank without the insulator.

I have these from ft before but never checked if they fit for a nautilus tank.

$2.16 Rubber Insulation Rings for eGo Batteries (50-Pack) 50-pack - grey at FastTech - Free Shipping
    So there is a spring in there? That explains it then, I think it may have come out in the ultrasonic. I found a little spring a while back but couldn’t fathom where it came from.

goid thing I ordered one for stash the other day!

thanks for the info!!

Reactions: Mordacai

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So there is a spring in there? That explains it then, I think it may have come out in the ultrasonic. I found a little spring a while back but couldn’t fathom where it came from.

I just check, yep, there's a spring in there. The coil head pushes up against it and that makes the 510 pin springy.

Now that I looked at it. You can take something thin like a thin screw driver and lightly push on the pin from the inside of the base. Don't push it out like you want to clean it or anything, just push on it with enough pressure to push it out a little. that may get the tank to read again without having to risk breaking the grommet.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Terri McVeety

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was just thinking. If, when the coil is installed in that tank, the 510 pin is already protruding past the 510 threads, then it could be that your grommet is already damaged and your tank is therefore shorting out. Some mods will say "no atomizer" regardless if the problem is actually a short or if it can't detect the atomizer. Not sure if this would be the case with your mod.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    I was just thinking. If, when the coil is installed in that tank, the 510 pin is already protruding past the 510 threads, then it could be that your grommet is already damaged and your tank is therefore shorting out. Some mods will say "no atomizer" regardless if the problem is actually a short or if it can't detect the atomizer. Not sure if this would be the case with your mod.
    Oh! Sounds like I should just trash it. I’ve been using them for about a year, did I do something wrong? I clean out at coil change but I’m getting about 4 weeks out of my coils

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Yep, sounds like UncleJunkle is right. With the coil installed the center pin should protrude a bit beyond the threads and be springy enough to push it flush with your fingernail, and it should return to its protruding position when you stop. I've never dismantled one that far, but you mentioned you found a small spring. As clutsy as I am, I don't think I'll start taking them apart now, heh.

• Agree

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you! However for 16.99 plus shipping might skip the fiddly lol

I don't see the $16.99. Looks like you need "Connector and Insulated Ring" which is $1.00.

Shipping for 1 is almost $4.76 but that shipping price is good for up to 10 units. After 10 shipping increases $0.80.

Looks like a good deal to me if you really like the nautis and have a lot of coils stocked up.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    I don't see the $16.99. Looks like you need "Connector and Insulated Ring" which is $1.00.

Shipping for 1 is almost $4.76 but that shipping price is good for up to 10 units. After 10 shipping increases $0.80.

Looks like a good deal to me if you really like the nautis and have a lot of coils stocked up.
    That was for a new one, I haven’t looked into the parts in depth yet. Sure if I can just buy the base and be good then of course!

new ones are in and out of stock...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread