Oh look, another NOOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, I'm the new guy that is being paraded around in this section to ensure that I am not riffraff. ;)It's all good though.

I am not a vapor :(, not YET that is. I am still on analogs and waiting for all my new gear to come in the mail. I have been an analog smoker for almost 20yrs now. I REALLY want to get rid of this pack a day addiction and believe this may be the thing that will finally help me through it all.

So, in order to get my post count up to be able to post in other sections this post will be followed by a few more.....(my first vape Mail, what I have on order, and possibly my wish list of things to come).:)

vape Mail

My first Vape mail came in a couple of days ago. I had ordered some gear from a place in China and some liquid from MyFreedomSmokes. Low and behold the order of liquid has arrived and my gear from China hadn't even shipped.

I smoke Marlboro Lights (both US and Japan versions-yes I live in Japan) and read that US Light would be a close flavor with 18mg of nic being about the right amount. So I ordered a 10ml bottle and just be certain and not limit myself, I also ordered MFS's 10 bottle sampler pack (10x3ml @ 12mg nic).

So I have my starting liquids in hand and nothing to use them with. :(

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So yeah, I'm the new guy that is being paraded around in this section to ensure that I am not riffraff. ;)It's all good though.

I am not a vapor :(, not YET that is. I am still on analogs and waiting for all my new gear to come in the mail. I have been an analog smoker for almost 20yrs now. I REALLY want to get rid of this pack a day addiction and believe this may be the thing that will finally help me through it all.

So, in order to get my post count up to be able to post in other sections this post will be followed by a few more.....(my first Vape Mail, what I have on order, and possibly my wish list of things to come).:)

Welcome. Actually, we all had to start exactly the same way you are. Was a long time heavy smoker myself. Ecigs are the only thing that worked for me. Tried absolutely every other harm reduction gimmick out there. Didn't even make a dent.
Be sure to increase your liquid intake as ecigs do tend to dry you out.
Have you tried vaping? What kind of setup did you order?

:)

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From one noob to another...welcome and good luck! I just started vaping in earnest about a month or 2 ago. Leaving the smokes behind wasn't too hard for me because I, somehow, never got addicted to nicotine. The excellent news is that my boyfriend who was highly addicted to nicotine and smoking took up vaping about a week ago and hasn't smoked or even wanted to smoke since. But he started with 24mg nic and plans to taper down over time. Good luck!

On Order

So, yeah, I need some gear to put this liquid to use with and to drop these analogs for good.

I went back and forth with the company in China on shipping my gear out. I told them to go ahead and ship the in stock items (as I had marked during checkout) and send the other items later. Hurry Up! I want my gear! So, another day and a half go by until I just get fed up with it and placed another order with MFS. This time for gear and some more liquid of course....lol.

On order from MFS (2nd order):
eGo 650mah w/CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit
eGo-k 650mah w/CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit
Anyvape Mini Viva Bottom Coil Clearomizer (BCC) 2.5ml Tank Kit
Vision Nano Clearomizer
10ml (18mg nic) Energy Cow
6ml (0mg nic) Clove

Then guess what happens.....the company in China gives me a shipment update. My gear shipped (EMS) and a few hours later another update. The "we had to check with our suppliers" items that originally held up my shipment (for over a week) shipped via regular post. TOO FUNNY!

So here is what I have on the way from China:
2pcs 1100mah Ego-Vivi Nova kit
eGo 650mah Vivi Nova 3.5ml kit
80ml Red Bull (12mg nic)
10ml Vanilla (16mg nic)
6x30ml Fruit Pack (18mg nic)(Watermelon, Cherry, Peach, Strawberry, Apple, Banana)

Both the MFS and EMS shipments should arrive in a few days and I will begin my journey to rid myself of the analog addiction. Then I can get one of those cool signatures that have XXXX days since last cigarette.:evil:

Dammage

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Denver
Vape Mail

My first Vape mail came in a couple of days ago. I had ordered some gear from a place in China and some liquid from MyFreedomSmokes. Low and behold the order of liquid has arrived and my gear from China hadn't even shipped.

I smoke Marlboro Lights (both US and Japan versions-yes I live in Japan) and read that US Light would be a close flavor with 18mg of nic being about the right amount. So I ordered a 10ml bottle and just be certain and not limit myself, I also ordered MFS's 10 bottle sampler pack (10x3ml @ 12mg nic).

So I have my starting liquids in hand and nothing to use them with. :(

I have felt your pain in the opposite I received my battery first with no tank and no juice :( it will get better.
I also was apad marble light smoker and after a month and some vapeing I will say I have yet had a ejuice that really tastes like a cig, that being said thats such a good thing the flavors of ejuice are awesome cinnamon menthol, caramel cappuccino, apple pie are some of my favorites you won't miss the stinkies and try the 24 nic its doing a good job for me. I just wish I could find a really good tea flavor. Hope your vape mail comes soon.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
On Order

So, yeah, I need some gear to put this liquid to use with and to drop these analogs for good.

I went back and forth with the company in China on shipping my gear out. I told them to go ahead and ship the in stock items (as I had marked during checkout) and send the other items later. Hurry Up! I want my gear! So, another day and a half go by until I just get fed up with it and placed another order with MFS. This time for gear and some more liquid of course....lol.

On order from MFS (2nd order):
eGo 650mah w/CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit
eGo-k 650mah w/CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit
Anyvape Mini Viva Bottom Coil Clearomizer (BCC) 2.5ml Tank Kit
Vision Nano Clearomizer
10ml (18mg nic) Energy Cow
6ml (0mg nic) Clove

Then guess what happens.....the company in China gives me a shipment update. My gear shipped (EMS) and a few hours later another update. The "we had to check with our suppliers" items that originally held up my shipment (for over a week) shipped via regular post. TOO FUNNY!

So here is what I have on the way from China:
2pcs 1100mah Ego-Vivi Nova kit
eGo 650mah Vivi Nova 3.5ml kit
80ml Red Bull (12mg nic)
10ml Vanilla (16mg nic)
6x30ml Fruit Pack (18mg nic)(Watermelon, Cherry, Peach, Strawberry, Apple, Banana)

Both the MFS and EMS shipments should arrive in a few days and I will begin my journey to rid myself of the analog addiction. Then I can get one of those cool signatures that have XXXX days since last cigarette.:evil:

I can definetly understand your excitement. But take it slow at first when trying all your new toys. Don't over-nic yourself. If you start to feel a little ill, put it down for a bit, maybe eat something and don't pick them back up for a while after you feel better. Over nic-ing is a very unpleasant experience and very easy to do. If you have questions when your gear arrives, just ask the members on ecf....Everyone is super willing to help out.
:)

Thanks for the replies.

SoF...I have read that it is all trial and error and varying tastes, blah, blah, blah. So the journey for me begins as soon as my gear arrives.

SandS....I really need to increase my liquids anyway, but yeah, I read that as well. Thanks for the reminder. As for vaping previously, I only tried the fake cigs and those were horrible. I am hoping that with the flavors and varying nic levels that this experience will be different. I have a few different setups already on the way. Mainly eGo batteries with either Vivi Nova or CE4 Clearomizers to start with. I have a bunch of others in my wish list....Protank, T4, CE9, BBC, MT3, CE10, iClear 30, and also a K200 and iTaste MVP.

Pocha...good to hear that it has been a smooth trip for you both so far. I am hoping that my journey is as smooth as yours. My goal is to eventually taper off the nic as well but beyond that we'll have to wait and see. If I fall in love with the flavors enough then maybe vaping will stay around. I have been looking at a few other flavors that interest me in addition to the ones mentioned earlier (Mt Dew, Dragonfruit, etc.)

Steadfast619

Sep 4, 2013
LA
welcome Synyster! I'm new too :blush:

I started with an ego 650mah CE4 blister pack, let me know what you think of that vivi nova when it gets in. The brick and mortar down the street from my place recommends them, but the two CE4's I have now seem to be holding up fine (they've got me through the week, at least.) The other thing with those vivi's is that they expose the 2nd set of threads on my battery, so I know I'd have to buy the adapter too.

Vape Strong!

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
I have felt your pain in the opposite I received my battery first with no tank and no juice :( it will get better.
I also was apad marble light smoker and after a month and some vapeing I will say I have yet had a ejuice that really tastes like a cig, that being said thats such a good thing the flavors of ejuice are awesome cinnamon menthol, caramel cappuccino, apple pie are some of my favorites you won't miss the stinkies and try the 24 nic its doing a good job for me. I just wish I could find a really good tea flavor. Hope your vape mail comes soon.

We chase Cig Flavor at first until we realize we are addicted to Nicotine :), and that butterscotch and Nicotine taste great!

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Welcome! Actually, the extra batteries and tanks will probably be good in the long run - it's good to have backups of everything, especially when you have to order everything via mail. Once you've received your equipment orders, be sure to come back here to the forum for any questions you might have or issues you encounter! In the meantime, feel free to browse around:)

SASmith....Thank you for the welcome.

Dammage....Thanks for the advice. I will put some 24mg nic into my wish list now, just to be on the safe side. I was thinking about a coffee flavor (I don't drink it and hate the smell though) and some dessert flavors as well.

SandS...got it, thanks for the advice...go slow on the juice! Since I am the only person in my small office that smokes, I plan to regulate myself by vaping as if I was on a smoke break and at home I'll still go outside to get my fix. In the car, I chain smoke anyway so not much worries there.

RonsPlc

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2012
Gaylesville, AL
We chase Cig Flavor at first until we realize we are addicted to Nicotine :), and that butterscotch and Nicotine taste great!

butterscotch???
I prefer Blueberry, or Banana/hazelnut with my nic!

but you will find, as the rest of us have ... your favorite juice.
Welcome aboard

Steadfast...I plan to give my impressions of all the gear/juices I receive in order to help others who may decide to take this journey in the near future. Plus, I would like to convert my Dad over as well. If I get a good setup, I'll order him the same thing. The kits I ordered from China look to have the adapters/sleeves. I have extras in my cart as well.

VP...I have done some reading on this whole vaping thing and don't expect an exact match in flavor. The reason I went with the cig flavors is to help ease the transition. The plan is 1) transition away from cig flavor and 2) drop nic levels.

Moondragon...you're feeling me on that one.:toast: Extra batteries are always a good thing. If I like all the different tank setups, then I can have a different flavor juice in each one.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread