ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Yeah no joke...I'm all

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

SynthStars

Aug 9, 2013
Eastleigh, Hants, UK
I mean, I've been pretty restrained so far... a genuine-fake twin Ego 1100mAH kit and six bottles of juice, a pack of four extra clearos, an extra carry case and charger has only set me back about $90 (£60 in real money) for two of us to start with. But now I've got my eye on Kanger stuff... I want a T3 now. NOW. Hahaha :) And new batteries that don't scare me.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
You'll find vaping is like most any other "hobby" or new pursuit....you're probably going to be spending some $$ up front to get started...
But once you make the initial purchases you're ready to "settle in"....err...at least for a WHILE.....!!!;)
I'm also into RC helicopters.....you can break the bank blinging out one of these..but it won't FLY better than the pilot's skills at the controls!!
If you're new to this....the best advice I can give is....begin with a basic Ego system like you have...then pick 1 or 2 juice flavors you REALLY LOVE..place an order from one of the MANY vendors recommended on this Forum....and wait for the order to arrive (most will agree....THIS is the HARDEST part of vaping...THE WAIT!!!8-o)
Once you've found your "niche".....the wallet will tend to open (somewhat) less frequently...likely MUCH less than if you were doing analogs!!!!;)
Good Luck! You've come to the ONE-STOP spot for answers to ANY and all vaping queries!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
I mean, I've been pretty restrained so far... a genuine-fake twin Ego 1100mAH kit and six bottles of juice, a pack of four extra clearos, an extra carry case and charger has only set me back about $90 (£60 in real money) for two of us to start with. But now I've got my eye on Kanger stuff... I want a T3 now. NOW. Hahaha :) And new batteries that don't scare me.

love the in real money part lolol only jokeing im sterling too and as youve pointed out its crazy how much you want. its like being a child in a chocolate factory were theres so much you just want lol, im getting a vamo v3 with some protanks from fasttech once I can convince the miss im really off analogs and need something better then a starter ego. also when I have the spare cash lol as i want to go nuts too. :):):)

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here's how I handled that..... I got a clear glass and put it where I could see it, I bought just what I needed to get started, 2-e-cigs, some juice and a charger. Then each week before I bought anything I put $40.00 dollars in the jar, that's 2/3's of what I would have spent smoking. If I needed something for vaping I'd take it from that glass. Pretty soon I liked watching the money grow so I stopped looking at cooler, tastier vaping supplies...... saved up and bought an new Iphone now I'm saving for a new PS3. I found wanting neat new gadgets (for me) out weighed the cooler vaping stuff and added to my desire to quit smoking.

No matter how you do it... it's all good..cause you're doin it...

I sooooo love vaping, It's buying me cool stuff :D

kmildrum

Nov 3, 2009
Berlin, CT USA
I've spent quite a bit vaping as well.

But with analogs being close to $10.00 a pack the $50.00 or so dollars I spend every couple of weeks (I'm addicted to flavors! LOL) seems small in comparison considering I used to smoke a pack of analogs a day at least if not more.

Thankfully I'm not into the big expensive mods or else I'd be out WAY more money. I'm content as I can be with my ego batteries and cartos. Sure they'll eventually die out, but I have backup batteries and so many cartos I lost count...

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I'm almost at the point to where I'm not spending money each month. I've managed to build up a surplus of juice (approximately 500ml of juice) spare heads and clearos. Only thing on my "must get" list is the Innokin VTR when it's released and a better charger. After that, I'm set and will just need to tap up the juice supply every other month or so.

Then again. There's that modified Vamo I've been drooling over and I've been thinking about trying carto tanks as well. And then there's e-pipe mods. Would absolutely love to have a Gandolf pipe to vape on.

Ahhh forget it. This isn't saving me money. But damn, it's sure fun!

Digital Man

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Debary, Florida
love the in real money part lolol only jokeing im sterling too and as youve pointed out its crazy how much you want. its like being a child in a chocolate factory were theres so much you just want lol, im getting a vamo v3 with some protanks from fasttech once I can convince the miss im really off analogs and need something better then a starter ego. also when I have the spare cash lol as i want to go nuts too. :):):)
Ahhh yes, convincing the miss is an art form... 1014426hrhashgghj.jpg

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Oh my first year vaping I went nuts, every spar penny I had went to vaping. Then I got a bit smarter, didn't want to give up what I was getting, the variety and new gear to try but, didn't want to keep spending so much either. Solution, one BIG order of stuff every six months. Once a year for DIY juice supplies and, another six months later for new, high end (over 100.00) gear I want to try. Then just replacements or repairs for anything that fails, and up to 15.00 per week on a sample of a new juice is all. Saves dome money - a lot of it actually. So I spend 300 to 500 a year on vaping - look at what I still save over smoking and, can put to building the house, a new boat, new furniture, etc...

kmildrum

Nov 3, 2009
Berlin, CT USA
Exactly.

I am looking at finally getting my own place next year, and since quitting smoking analogs I will actually be able to do so, and STILL will be able to afford all my vaping supplies.

So all the spare money will go to pretty new furniture and kitchen essentials...Should be fun shopping for all that too.

Hell, shopping is fun no matter what kind of shopping it is LOL

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Yesterday was one week off analogs for me and a week since my first vaping purchase arrived.
So far I've went from a disposable Blu to an Ego C to a Provari...think I'm set for mods at the moment.
Now it's trying to find good juices (I'm in love with Aroma Juice's Beatle Juice w/WTA). Waiting on payday to try a batch without the WTA and hope it has the same flavor. I'm also waiting on a good size order from The Vapor Room which should be here any day now.
Juice delivery is what I'm highly interested in now. I'm using a Protank on the Provari and an iSmoka Mini BCC on the ego batteries and I'm just not happy yet. I want a ZAP and a Protank II and a....

VapeMate says 7D 16h 52m since my last smoke
$$ Saved on smoking $38.52
$$ Spent on Vaping $442.52
Money saved $ -404.02
It'll even out eventually :D

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The truth is that you cannot put a price on your health, you life, or your vaping budget, which extends both. Do whatever you need to do to quit, to stay quit and to live a long and healthy life. Everything else is secondary. Savings is a secondary benefit. Eventually, and it varies by vaper, you will get to the "happy place....", the comfort zone, and vaping expenses will taper off. I'm not there yet myself, but I do see the end of the rainbow from here. Unless you were a very light smoker, it's not that difficult to keep your vaping costs at or under your smoking costs. There simply is nothing better for your health than quitting smoking.....PERIOD. It takes whatever it takes. Best to you!

trunk

Aug 9, 2013
japan
Here's how I handled that..... I got a clear glass and put it where I could see it, I bought just what I needed to get started, 2-e-cigs, some juice and a charger. Then each week before I bought anything I put $40.00 dollars in the jar, that's 2/3's of what I would have spent smoking. If I needed something for vaping I'd take it from that glass. Pretty soon I liked watching the money grow so I stopped looking at cooler, tastier vaping supplies...... saved up and bought an new Iphone now I'm saving for a new PS3. I found wanting neat new gadgets (for me) out weighed the cooler vaping stuff and added to my desire to quit smoking.

No matter how you do it... it's all good..cause you're doin it...

I sooooo love vaping, It's buying me cool stuff :D

oh that's brilliant! i'm a photographer and i'm going to start doing this to fund my addiction to shooting film :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread