Oh, my--I love this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hubba: I got a Janty Dura-C in yesterday's mail (thanks, VaporGuys!) and this USB Passthrough deal is neater than grits!

Too cool! I have charged up both my batteries, but can't let go of the passthrough:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the passthrough will work with a car adapter? That would be handy on trips--yes, it surely would!

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
:hubba: I got a Janty Dura-C in yesterday's mail (thanks, VaporGuys!) and this USB Passthrough deal is neater than grits!

Too cool! I have charged up both my batteries, but can't let go of the passthrough:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the passthrough will work with a car adapter? That would be handy on trips--yes, it surely would!

Yes it will work in the car. Aren't passthroughs great!:thumb:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

If you're using a wall plug it should be rated at 1amp output at least but one less (.5amps) it will still work but not as well. Same with cig lighter. These are so rated.

Amazon.com: Belkin Dual USB Car Charger for iPod (Black): Electronics
Use the 'slot' that isn't the charging slot.

Or wall plug:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product
use either slot.

Cheaper ones will work, but some are rated as low as 250ma and don't work quite as good. These are dual also and you might not need that. I have a JS and a 510 hooked up to the wall plug - RY4 and Cappuc...

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA

I use the the Belkin wall plug and car charger (they came in a kit) that Kent C recommended and they both work great with my Prodigy 901 PT. They are rated at 5V/1A output. :nah:

TheIllustratedMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Upstate, NY
My car adapter didn't work with my PT, but it's probably either not rated high enough or the jack sucks (really could be either with my car). As for portable power, why does everyone push the Kensington? Phillips makes the same item. Is it no good? I could get one for 20% off, and if I wait, some coupons on top of that, maybe even 30% if I hit it right (employee discounts and store coupons are nice). Any idea how well the Phillips works?

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
YUM... grits and maple syrup, my fav. Get a Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices - K38021US - Kensington portable charger and use the passthru wherever you go.... try amazon for cheaper prices

That Kensington looks pretty sweet! I may have to get one. Not tied down to wall plug or car and, as you know, you can never have enough back-ups in this game.

I particularly like the LED lights showing how much power is left. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
My car adapter didn't work with my PT, but it's probably either not rated high enough or the jack sucks (really could be either with my car). As for portable power, why does everyone push the Kensington? Phillips makes the same item. Is it no good? I could get one for 20% off, and if I wait, some coupons on top of that, maybe even 30% if I hit it right (employee discounts and store coupons are nice). Any idea how well the Phillips works?

I've never used the Philips but have other products of theirs that are quality components. For what it's worth, if you can get that large of a discount I'd go for it! :nah:

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
I can somewhat understand the use of mods (both pro and homemade), but to walk around smoking something that's wired to your pocket? Nope. If you're that worried about battery life, just get a prodigy, gg, sd, adaptever, etc. You might look a bit crazy, but at least you won't look like a complete lunatic. I suppose if you don't care at all about how others see you, knock yourself out, but I don't see how this solution would be any better than a mod that's already available and doesn't make you look like a jackass. If you like wearing hip packs, socks with sandals, pocket protectors, khakis and the like then I guess this solution would be good for you.

Lets not even get started on carrying around unnecessary wires.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
I can somewhat understand the use of mods (both pro and homemade), but to walk around smoking something that's wired to your pocket? Nope. If you're that worried about battery life, just get a prodigy, gg, sd, adaptever, etc. You might look a bit crazy, but at least you won't look like a complete lunatic. I suppose if you don't care at all about how others see you, knock yourself out, but I don't see how this solution would be any better than a mod that's already available and doesn't make you look like a jackass. If you like wearing hip packs, socks with sandals, pocket protectors, khakis and the like then I guess this solution would be good for you.

Lets not even get started on carrying around unnecessary wires.

Applejackson,

First of all, I could give a f*** how other people see me. People that do are insecure and I'm not.

Second, I own a SD and a Prodigy 901 PT, and in certain situations such as very long road trips, when using my PT at home, etc., One small unit that fits in my shirt pocket (I do like shirts) with one small wire, beats the hell out of hauling around six 1000mah Li-ion batteries or dealing with the wires in the car cig lighter. There is a place for everything. No one said that this charger would be their normal mode of vaping. I have RN4081's and M401's for when I go out.

If you like constantly charging batteries that's your business, but like I said, in certain situations, I would rather charge one charger than a load of batteries.

As for the other BS there's no need to get pissy with me. You just go on being cool. Sorry if you're having a bad day.

defnet0

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Applejackson,

First of all, I could give a f*** how other people see me. People that do are insecure and I'm not.

Second, I own a SD and a Prodigy 901 PT, and in certain situations such as very long road trips, when using my PT at home, etc., One small unit that fits in my shirt pocket (I do like shirts) with one small wire, beats the hell out of hauling around six 1000mah Li-ion batteries or dealing with the wires in the car cig lighter. There is a place for everything. No one said that this charger would be their normal mode of vaping. I have RN4081's and M401's for when I go out.

If you like constantly charging batteries that's your business, but like I said, in certain situations, I would rather charge one charger than a load of batteries.

As for the other BS there's no need to get pissy with me. You just go on being cool. Sorry if you're having a bad day.

I totally agree HK. nice shooting!

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
I love my Kensington. I use it with a PT when driving long distances and when I go to bed at night (I always smoked in bed).

I always smoked in bed also and nodded off a couple of times and burned holes in comforters, sheets, etc.

Now I don't have to worry about it. Glad to hear that you like your Kensington. I plan on getting one tomorrow. :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread