• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ohio vapors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie's World

Jul 3, 2009
Hi Everyone, I am from Dennison,Ohio (by New Philadelphia). I smoked analogs for 33 years, 4 packs a day. It took me 2 day of the e-cig and I don't smoke analogs anymore. And no more breathing inhalers 4 times a day either!! I have smoked my e-cigar & e-cig everywhere. At the stores, resturants, docotr's office, pharmacy and everyone is very interested and hasn't given me any static at all. I have just heard that there will be no more 36mg pretty soon cause the Chinese want to get FDA approval--I don't know what I will do without my 36mg. I guess the gov can't leave well enough alone-bummin' in Ohio.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
So far, people have been curious, but hesitant to ask. When I explain what it is, what it does, and that it is a vapor not smoke, they have been cautiously receptive. No one has told me that I can't vape in their home (including the worst antismoker I know - she said "As long as it isn't the real thing"). People who know me ask how well it is working for me. I have given two out to try, and received one of those back after a few months. I made one box mod for a friend who uses it at night to not have to go outdoors to smoke. I have not had any strongly negative reactions yet.

Zestok90

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Mentor, OH
Hey everyone.
I am from Mentor, Ohio right by Cleveland!
I would deffinitely be interested in have a vape-out somwhere. Showing off devices, mods, trading liquid, tips and whatever else!
So far everyone loves my ecig, I have also loned out two to my friends. I've converted about 8 heavy smokers to only vaporers and they all love it.
The damn FDA seems to be scaring others off. Hopefully it all gets cleared up soon!

UBRocked

Aug 4, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
Hey Everyone! My name is Brian and I have recently started "vaping" after about 12+ years of smoking. I had quit when our govt decided to raise cigarette prices to $5+ per pack. So after about 4 months of not smoking I found a Luci store in the mall and I was hooked. I hated everything about smoking (smell, cost, the fact it will kill you...) but I love to smoke so vaping is fantastic! If anyone is interested, I have a few words about the Luci e-cig on youtube before you just blindly spend $100 at the malls (Polaris and Tuttle malls have Luci stores for any other Columbus people).

Username is ubrocked on Youtube as well (it won't let me post a link on here yet)

I ramble in my videos...sorry, just the way I am!

If anyone has had better experiences with them than I have, please share. I now have a 510 and love it. The throat hit is great and the clouds of vapor are impressive. Finally joined the forum everyone has been referencing in other video reviews and this is my first post. Hope to talk to some of you on here as time goes on.

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
:cool:
Awesome, that's exactly where my Uncle lives!

I'm from Southeast Ohio, Meigs county. Just ordered my Joye510 today and am very excited!

meigs county huh? :D was raised in monroe county, folks around there know what put meigs county on the map :cool:

anyhoo :) i live in belmont county........bellaire which is just across the river from wheeling wv . would love to get together with y'all and vape!

sporkus

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Columbus,OH
Thanks Malyden! Seems as though most people around town still don't know about this alternative to smoking but I am trying to get the word out to people I know around here especially because Franklin county is "No Smoking" everywhere you go. I'm glad to see there is such a robust supporting forum that people can use for information!

Maybe we should do some sort of public demonstration so show off vaping and to educate the public. Even call the local news outlets.

fantasia

Aug 26, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hi

I'm new to the community. I'm curious about all of this. I don't actually smoke, but I really like the idea of water vapor. Where in Columbus could I find devices and supplies and meet other people who use them? I have to admit I was a little put off by the article in the Dispatch a while ago, but I don't necessarily believe every single thing I read or hear in the news. I've been curious about e-cigs since I first heard about them, but I don't know anyone who knows about them.

"Fanny"

sporkus

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Columbus,OH
Hi

I'm new to the community. I'm curious about all of this. I don't actually smoke, but I really like the idea of water vapor. Where in Columbus could I find devices and supplies and meet other people who use them? I have to admit I was a little put off by the article in the Dispatch a while ago, but I don't necessarily believe every single thing I read or hear in the news. I've been curious about e-cigs since I first heard about them, but I don't know anyone who knows about them.

"Fanny"

Greetings... Let me make a little correction to your question. The "vapor" emanated from the ecig is not completely water vapor. The chemical that makes the smoke is Propylene Glycol (PG as we tend to call it.) PG is used in food, nebulizers and more commonly fog machines.

Now that that is out of the way.... There are a few places in Columbus I am aware of. They are The Joint in the Short North (high and 5th) , Waterbeds and Stuff, and lastly Polaris Mall. I think The Joint sells the 901. Stuff and Waterbeds sells the Smoking Forever brand and Polaris has the Luci. Personally, the local prices and selection are a little high (~100.00+) Your best bet is to go on-line. I personally deal with Litecig (you can find them in the vendor subforum.) I have had very good luck with Litecig and his prices are some of the best you will find.
I personally was disappointed with the Columbus media coverage of ecigs. I even work in the media so I was getting on my soapbox to no avail.

If you are interested, look around on the vendor sub forums and some of the sites and see what fits you. There is a good subforum on reviews of different juices and equipment. I personally have the M401 ecig and paid ~40.00 for the starter kit (I ordered extra stuff with it as well). I am looking at adding and M201 to my stash as well. If you are not into nicotine, you can also make your own juices that are just flavor and PG using candy flavoring and PG mixed with VG (vegetable glycerin) .Most of the DIY materials are available in the pharmacy and the baking section. I made my first batch last night. I called it "Attempt #1" So far my co-workers like it.

Good Luck :thumbs:
J

Last edited:

fantasia

Aug 26, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
fantasia if you don't currently smoke ... there is a lot of good information in this forum. Best of luck

Thanks for your concern malyden. I don't smoke analogs because I have asthma, and particulate is really bad for me. Before my asthma got bad, years ago, I used to smoke a bit -- mainly "Fantasias" -- hence my forum name. But I was really more of an occasional smoker -- I rarely smoked through an entire pack. In fact, I'm not sure I ever smoked a whole pack by myself! The other kind of cigarettes I used to like were skinny little ones, like Capri's. People used to joke that I didn't really smoke. So anyways, for a variety of reasons, e-cigs/pv's sound perfect for me. I'm reading everything I can and watching videos, and trying to figure out which one to try first. If I end up vaping more than a few times a week, I'll be really surprised. It's just not in my nature to be addicted to things. But anyways, thanks for your concern.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
When you do decide on what you want check into the low to no nicotine which would probably work best for you. As for a PV device I have only used the 901 and 510 of those two I would recommend for you the 901 as it tends to give a better flavor.
There are a lot of good vendor's you can purchase from but I do have to recommend my son's website being the good mom that I am :) and he is located in Ohio
http://www.altsmoke.com/starterkit/dse901.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread