Ohmega BMF box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
So like a dumbass I melted the solder out of my parallel unregulated box by putting the batteries in series configuration earlier in the week. The box actually cleaned up good, a little removal of melted solder and checked the connections and it vapes no worse for wear. At the time I thought it was doa though, so I ordered another box.

I was in no mood to spoil myself after pulling such an idiot stunt, so I ordered an Ohmega BMF in parallel, $49.99. A simple 18650 parallel unregulated with mosfet, no voltmeter.

So I got it today, and having a third option isn’t the worst thing, plus this new box cost me less than a Playstation game.

It’s pretty impressive for 50 bones. CNC milled 1590G box, not anodized. The finish is tactile, so I wonder if they’re powder coated. In any event, it’s a good finish for something you handle constantly and doesn’t pick up prints.

The lid is magnet, and the magnets are not hidden on the lid. It fits well, but stops short of snug, but a little squeeze and the lid snaps firmly into place the last mm or two. No play once on, and it comes off easy enough.

The 510 is a Varitube clone and no issues there. The inside of the box is tidy. Tactile switch. No venting, but not necessary with a magnet lid. I especially like that the box is milled so the 510 sits flush instead of on top of the box. Nice touch.

Overall, you could spend twice as much or more commissioning an unregulated box and not get one as nicely finished as this. Very similar to a BC Box mods Mini for $20 less. IMO a very nice piece for the price. They have better pics than I could manage so I’m just reposting theirs.

2e5604263322076c2a89a0f7a3595c0e
802408219f49988824f4b25bc5a0c341

c33543e0d6c35dcd05f491f26bff7983

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread