Ohms & VV - Burning, Destroying the Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Sacramento, California, USA
I got a little card from Mt Baker Vapor that has the recommended VV for the different Ohms. My clearomizer is a 2.1, and it says I should stay in the range of 3.5-3.8. However, the device, (innokin) goes up to 5.0, and this is the original clearomizer it came with. Up until I read this chart, I'd been using it at 4.5-5.0. Is that okay or is it true that it will break my unit and burn my fluid? So far I have never tasted a burnt taste at all. Thanks :)

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Sacramento, California, USA
Awesome, thanks! I figured they meant the coil, but I just wanted to make sure they weren't saying the battery would break or something. Actually now though that I've thought about it, I do remember having a couple flavors that were a little smokey at 5.0 - but I just turned it down to 4.5 and have never had that problem since. Darn, there was something else really important that I needed to ask and now I can't remember what it was... Hopefully it'll come back later... Oh wait! I got it! Okay, so, is it normal for the metal around the button that holds the coil inside to get really, really hot? Like, burning hot. I chain-vape... Will this overheating break anything or is it okay to use it until/while it's searing hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread