• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ohms wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
So I bought a few vivi heads a month or so ago that we're supposed to be 2.4ohm but I finally got around to firing up the vivi and threw it on the provari and they meter out at 3.6ohms anybody know why there's such a difference? Cheap Chinese knock off? I can't use these they are too high for me I like the 2-2.4 ohm range

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
The omhs are marked incorrectly ? I've never heard of that with Vivi heads. It's probably either a knock off, though usually you can tell by the build quality or it could just be a screw up on the assembly line, these are all pumped out in Chinese factories by the thousands.

You could try swapping on the classifieds, though shipping isn't really worthwhile .. or try re-coiling them; A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding - YouTube ? Either way contact the vendor, even after months they might do something for you, though there's a reason why things don't come with any warranty. :facepalm:

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
The laser etching says 2.4ohms then I test on provari and they are 3.5ohms. Maybe I'll try to recoil them I have wick and wire. Or just toss them. Out of 2 I tested both measured 3.5ohms and I have 2 left not tested yet. The 2.8ohm was bang on the money also with the 1.8ohm. But I ordered 4 extra 2.4 heads with my order because that's what I vape at.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
So I bought a few vivi heads a month or so ago that we're supposed to be 2.4ohm but I finally got around to firing up the vivi and threw it on the provari and they meter out at 3.6ohms anybody know why there's such a difference? Cheap Chinese knock off? I can't use these they are too high for me I like the 2-2.4 ohm range

Send them my way, the vmax can handle it. Where did you buy them?...interested.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread