Ok, I can't wait anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I won a GGTS in a contest a couple of weeks ago. I understand that Bruce doesn't have them in stock, but that he's supposed to get in touch with me when he does. I also believe that it's just the GGTS without anything else. What will I need for my new "baby"? I've gone through threads about batteries, chargers, attys, etc. and just end up more confused!!! I want to be ready for it when it comes! So, what will I need. Right now, I'm using the eGo. All of my "supplies" are for 510's and I'm vaping at "slightly less" than 3.7V. I will probably stay at 3.7V most of the time, but would probably at least want to try 6V vaping. So, what do I need? Will 6V vaping "fry" 510 SR cartos? Can cartos be used at higher voltage? I'm lost! TIA for any responses.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Hey Chimney55, You have to wait, but its a great GG you will have soon!
You get just the GGTS. I suggest the following to make your vaping a great experience!

--LR 510 Atty
--Reg 510 Atty
--HV 510 Atty
If you like Cartomizers you can choose the LR and Regular.

--IMR 18650 High Drain 3.7v Batteries. I suggest 2.
--Tenergy LiFePo4 CR123A 3v batteries, use 2 for 6v vaping. I would get at least 4 of them.
--UltraFire WF-188 Smart Charger to charge your 3v or 3.7v batteries. It switches so you don't need 2 chargers.

Juice! I suggest my Butterscotch. Its Organic and really good. Or Choose from other flavors.

Hope I helped a little.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
All you need is a 510 atomizer or cartomizer, some juice, and a battery. A charger, too, if you don't have one. That's all you need. You may, of course, want to add more over time. I like the magnetic button upgrade and the UFS in particular! The GGTS comes with an adapter which will open up the other atomizer types if you're interested.

For batteries, you certainly have a lot of choices! For duration I use 18650s, which last me two days. For minimizing size I use 18500s (smallest size I've found without removing the top portion).

For 6v vaping, I prefer 2xLiFePO4 batteries. It lasts me 6+ hours. I prefer 6v on cartomizers (not LR) and avoid really sweet juices-- they tend to burn. It's probably a lot simpler than you're thinking.

Hope that helps!

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
You get just the GGTS. I suggest the following to make your vaping a great experience!

--LR 510 Atty
--Reg 510 Atty
--HV 510 Atty

--Tenergy LiFePo4 CR123A 3v batteries, use 2 for 6v vaping. I would get at least 4 of them.
--UltraFire WF-188 Smart Charger to charge your 3v or 3.7v batteries. It switches so you don't need 2 chargers.

Juice! I suggest my Butterscotch. Its Organic and really good. Or Choose from other flavors.

Hope I helped a little.

Thanks, Bruce. This was the kind of information that I was looking for. How long do the IMR batteries last each? Will 6V "blow out" the regular 510 cartomizers? (I prefer cartomizers). Is there such a thing as HV cartomizers?

I've been vaping for a few months now, so I have my juices already. Although, I've never actually been able to "taste" butterscotch. In fact, until last week, I couldn't taste chocolate or caramel either in my juices. I have pretty much found my juice vendors, although I don't know if HV vaping will change that.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
All you need is a 510 atomizer or cartomizer, some juice, and a battery. A charger, too, if you don't have one. That's all you need. You may, of course, want to add more over time. I like the magnetic button upgrade and the UFS in particular! The GGTS comes with an adapter which will open up the other atomizer types if you're interested.

For batteries, you certainly have a lot of choices! For duration I use 18650s, which last me two days. For minimizing size I use 18500s (smallest size I've found without removing the top portion).

For 6v vaping, I prefer 2xLiFePO4 batteries. It lasts me 6+ hours. I prefer 6v on cartomizers (not LR) and avoid really sweet juices-- they tend to burn. It's probably a lot simpler than you're thinking.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice. The "jury is still out" on the UFS. I don't have a lot of money in general (I'm on disability). I might have a little extra money in the next couple of weeks, so I'm researching what would be the best "long term feed" system for me that wouldn't require a lot of maintenance. I prefer cartos for this reason, but I'd like something that would go longer than that. I don't know if I have any "really sweet juices". I've been "flavor challenged" for the past several months and anything that I thought would be really sweet wasn't.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
NEW__Dual_Coil_M_4d9cae1344a0a_90x90.jpg

The NEW Dual Coil Cartomizers don't burn even at 6v. I recommend these.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
chimney..Bruce's butterscotch is an awesome flavor. Nice and strong. When I was into HV vaping, I would always use juices with double flavorings. With Bruce's, you don't need too. The butterscotch tastes like butterscotch pudding and his cherry vanilla (thanks for the sample) is really awesome also.

I used a dual coil cartomizer at 6v (fresh batteries off charger) and didn't kill it. I take really long double draws and it withstood the voltage that was being put to it. Give them a try.

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
Would it be better to go with the 26650 Battery? Would this fit in the GGTS?

Whats the advantage of higher voltage vaping? Whats the difference between AW and IMR? Can you use 2 3.7v batteries? Which battery makes the GGTS as small as possible?

This is so confusing. Just beginning to get a handle on atomizers, cartomizers, tanks and clearomizers and now this...

--LR 510 Atty
--Reg 510 Atty
--HV 510 Atty

Hope I helped a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread