• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

OK, so now "I" got the dreaded refusal letter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Well it was only a matter of time I suppose, but I recieved the dreaded letter of import refusal from HC on a medium sized personal juice shipment from out of country.

No instructions, no contact phone number, just a name of the inspector and an address. And of course, the blah schedule F blah FDR clause blah.....

For those that have recieved these, kindly contact me via pm and advise what I'm supposed to do next, or what you did and whether you were successful or not at pushing it through, or what took place.

Thanks & VapeOn,
Greg

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
So if this is wrong I have no issues with this being deleted and maybe just asking through PM's

Wonder if canadians who live close to the border that can drive an hour or so to USA cross buy liquid and come back. How illegal would that be just curious. maybe ECF members and vendors can run some sort of underground vaping railroad for canada and mexico vapers. :/ I just feel bad

i'd totally be up for like once or twice a month weekend volunteering

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Alrighty...... thank you everyone for the pm's and responses here !

I guess its a loss, probably not in the end financially but a true loss of my access to a safer alternative to cigarettes.

I've contacted the vendor, and now I'll just have to keep an eye on the tracking to see if it moves again in an attempt to return it to the source, then I will ask for my refund or file a non delivery with visa.

It's just dumb really when you think about it...... sure they can keep putting up speed bumps, but there's no way "anything" can be eradicated on the whole, from finished goods importation to extraction equipment purchasing and tobacco growing, due to so many sources of information and equipment available out there in the global marketplace.

I just refuse to fall back into the daily need for cigarettes, especially since now I've FINALLY managed to transition, and I'll be damned if I'll be governed by a bunch of bureaucrats while they sip their "approved" caffeine stimulants or guzzle their "approved and highly taxed" alcohol stimulants, and leaving me to quit or die.

Ha... good luck banging on MY door, lol.... if you make it past the dogs, I've got some rocksalt particles to greet trespassers who can't read the signs.

I shall endure......

VapeOn,
Greg

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
So if this is wrong I have no issues with this being deleted and maybe just asking through PM's

Wonder if canadians who live close to the border that can drive an hour or so to USA cross buy liquid and come back. How illegal would that be just curious. maybe ECF members and vendors can run some sort of underground vaping railroad for canada and mexico vapers. :/ I just feel bad

i'd totally be up for like once or twice a month weekend volunteering

I live 5 mins from the border and have been considering getting a PO Box on the other side. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the requirements (US drivers liscense?) and cost? The only problem is that I would have to figure out how to get through customs on the drive home?

amrnation

Moved On
Mar 17, 2011
Mass
I live 5 mins from the border and have been considering getting a PO Box on the other side. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the requirements (US drivers liscense?) and cost? The only problem is that I would have to figure out how to get through customs on the drive home?

Yeah this is good this is what i'm wanting to know.

Exactly how much do the boarder patrol inspect when driving across the border. My boss who is canadian and is now working here travels all the time between canada and US for business. He has told me on several occasions that they barely check his car but sometimes they do check some of it however not all of it.

So if you were caught how much trouble would you be in if they found a bunch of atomizers and liquid? Would they even know what that was if they opened it and smelled strawberrys honey and other flavours could people just say oh thats just liquid enhancers for water.

Lets get the talks started on this maybe something can be done along these lines.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I can't believe that after all has transpired of late, folks still discuss certain topics openly :rolleyes:

I think people are worrying too much. I mean, the whole idea that if we don’t talk about vendors, HC will remain ignorant is quite silly. They have Google too you know, and these vendors say “nicotine” right in their product descriptions. And now I’ll be warned about tipping HC off to the powers of Google… ha.

I mean the crackdown on importation started a while ago. A few discussions about it isn’t going to send them into red alert and have border agents tearing open vehicle upholstery. It isn’t illegal to own e-juice with nicotine. Hell I don’t even think you can get in trouble for trying to import it. Furthermore, who’s to say the e-juice you’re bringing back is an import in the first place? Perhaps you brought it with you on your trip to the States. Are the clothes on your back also an import?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread