OK So some new changes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmotox

May 23, 2014
So Cal
Well I for one am bummed about the changes... I HATE glass bottles! pain in the ..... for dripping...not only that if I drop it or knock it over there goes all my juice.

I have placed many orders with killer juice over the last year or so and have a lot of bottles in my drawer 50+, actually the only vendor I use right now and for a while now has been killer, even have a order on it's way. but this latest change has me looking to expand my vendors I buy from... Glass bottles, prices going up, and the constant changes to the business, bottles, labeling, flavor percentages, what flavors I can see on the site, (where is jelly filled donuts? I LOVE that flavor arrgh!) The only way to keep up on the changes is to follow all the KJ threads... Seems like every time I go on the site or recieve an order a change has been made, some good and some I am not fond of... I DON'T LIKE CHANGE....sorry... again it's his business and he can run it how he likes but I was a happier KJ customer 6 months ago when thing seemed more consistent...

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
Well I for one am bummed about the changes... I HATE glass bottles! pain in the ..... for dripping...not only that if I drop it or knock it over there goes all my juice.

I have placed many orders with killer juice over the last year or so and have a lot of bottles in my drawer 50+, actually the only vendor I use right now and for a while now has been killer, even have a order on it's way. but this latest change has me looking to expand my vendors I buy from... Glass bottles, prices going up, and the constant changes to the business, bottles, labeling, flavor percentages, what flavors I can see on the site, (where is jelly filled donuts? I LOVE that flavor arrgh!) The only way to keep up on the changes is to follow all the KJ threads... Seems like every time I go on the site or recieve an order a change has been made, some good and some I am not fond of... I DON'T LIKE CHANGE....sorry... again it's his business and he can run it how he likes but I was a happier KJ customer 6 months ago when thing seemed more consistent...

I completely understand your frustration. Killer Juice is still a new company (not even a year old) and we have ran in to a lot of different issues since starting up. Our first goal has always been quality and any changes we make directly go to improving this. While glass bottles are sometimes a pain they show of the premium flavors that you can only find with our company. We made a decision to stop offering plastic due to this and the fact that our suppliers made plastic bottles more than glass.

We understand that some people are going to hate the fact we are switching but I have to look at where we are as a company and make a move. To sell both plastic and glass bottles at the same cost seemed wrong to me. Also changing plastic bottles on the fly and risking a lower quality "cheap" look, is not what Killer Juice believes in.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
All of these changes seem to be fast & furious but I am OK with it. It is difficult to remember that your company isn't even a year old yet. I will reach my 1 yr vape anniversary before your company will reach the 1 yr mark. It is just that you have really spoiled us, I guess, for lack of a better term. The other thing is that most companies would make the changes and not discuss it with the customers, no matter what other changes you may make with the company, please don't ever stop talking things over with us.

Keep seeing your company and you on a bicycle with training wheels going down the sidewalk. You have decided that it is time to take them off. Still may be a few skinned knees for awhile but soon you will be riding like a pro.

I am just fortunate to have been here to watch this transformation and while I am a little sad about some of the changes, I am glad I have been along to watch the growth.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Still $5.99 + tax for house made juice around here... Oh did I mention that was for 5ml?

30ml of Volt goes for $15 out the door around here. I would agree with (and resemble) the spoiled remark.

Keep doing what you are doing. $5.99 for 15ml is not bad. However, make sure the QC is on the up and up. I for one would be more likely to complain when I paid $5.99 for it than .99 or $1.99.

Last edited:

jlmotox

May 23, 2014
So Cal
I completely understand your frustration. Killer Juice is still a new company (not even a year old) and we have ran in to a lot of different issues since starting up. Our first goal has always been quality and any changes we make directly go to improving this. While glass bottles are sometimes a pain they show of the premium flavors that you can only find with our company. We made a decision to stop offering plastic due to this and the fact that our suppliers made plastic bottles more than glass.

We understand that some people are going to hate the fact we are switching but I have to look at where we are as a company and make a move. To sell both plastic and glass bottles at the same cost seemed wrong to me. Also changing plastic bottles on the fly and risking a lower quality "cheap" look, is not what Killer Juice believes in.

I get it...I run a business myself so I understand, and again it's your business and you can run it as you need to. If you have been in business for less than a year then I must have stumbled upon you right as you started up. ( thought you had been around longer...) I like alot of your flavors and customer service is great!

not sure how you or anyone else feels about this but I would not mind paying the glass bottle price for the choice of glass or plastic bottles... charge the glass bottle price and give the option for plastic....just a thought...

Also could you explain to me how to "cut" the DIY 24mg base mix to say a 6mg... I was just about to try out your DIY stuff but now I am more confused...Also how much flavor to add to make a mix like your "extra" flavor.

Just to make it easy how would I make a full base mix size bottle of ("any single flavor" say blueberry) with "extra" flavor at 6mg nic with you house blend PG/VG ratio using the new base and flavor?

krisjay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2014
Maine
Interesting to see all these changes. It will not effect me as I had placed my last order with Killer Juice a couple weeks ago. Nothing against Killer Juice, I just have decided to buy AEMSA certified members juices only. There just are to many unknowns otherwise, is being an AEMSA member the be all end all, no, but it gives me a base line standard, and that works better for me. Good luck to Killer Juice going forward, I truly hope as a company you get where you want to be.

Last edited:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I get it...I run a business myself so I understand, and again it's your business and you can run it as you need to. If you have been in business for less than a year then I must have stumbled upon you right as you started up. ( thought you had been around longer...) I like alot of your flavors and customer service is great!

not sure how you or anyone else feels about this but I would not mind paying the glass bottle price for the choice of glass or plastic bottles... charge the glass bottle price and give the option for plastic....just a thought...

Also could you explain to me how to "cut" the DIY 24mg base mix to say a 6mg... I was just about to try out your DIY stuff but now I am more confused...Also how much flavor to add to make a mix like your "extra" flavor.

Just to make it easy how would I make a full base mix size bottle of ("any single flavor" say blueberry) with "extra" flavor at 6mg nic with you house blend PG/VG ratio using the new base and flavor?
Here are a few ejuice calculators
to get it to what you need. In the first one Put in your desired strength, then your desired pg and vg ratio, add one flavor at 15% and push add flavor and scroll down and it will tell you how much of the 24 mg base plus the amounts of plain pg and vg to add along with your flavorings.
http://www...................../create

I tend to mix up a large batch of base at my desired strength and then add flavorings as needed since I generally do 5 or 10 ml bottles first time around. Ignore drops. Always use percentages. No 2 drops are the same size...
e-Liquid Calculator :: New recipe

Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station!

A lot of people use this one... I am good at math so I tend to do it all in my head or on paper... when I first started I would always check my calculations with one of the calculators though
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

ADD: If you still have trouble, let me know and we can figure it out together.

Last edited:

jlmotox

May 23, 2014
So Cal
Here are a few ejuice calculators
to get it to what you need. In the first one Put in your desired strength, then your desired pg and vg ratio, add one flavor at 15% and push add flavor and scroll down and it will tell you how much of the 24 mg base plus the amounts of plain pg and vg to add along with your flavorings.

I tend to mix up a large batch of base at my desired strength and then add flavorings as needed since I generally do 5 or 10 ml bottles first time around. Ignore drops. Always use percentages. No 2 drops are the same size...

Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station!

A lot of people use this one... I am good at math so I tend to do it all in my head or on paper... when I first started I would always check my calculations with one of the calculators though
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

ADD: If you still have trouble, let me know and we can figure it out together.

Thanks!!

but how do you take 24mg base and make 6mg out of it? I assume by adding pg/vg... but how much? Like if I were to buy the bottle of 24mg base he sells how much pg&vg do I buy and add? I think I understand adding the flavor just cutting the base is confusing...

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Thanks!!

but how do you take 24mg base and make 6mg out of it? I assume by adding pg/vg... but how much? Like if I were to buy the bottle of 24mg base he sells how much pg&vg do I buy and add? I think I understand adding the flavor just cutting the base is confusing...
I would say you need a few smaller bottles.

Let's work on 10 ml of a final 6 mg juice. With 10 ml you can scale up or down easily with percentages...

Remember... this total will be 100%

You would use 25% of the 24% nic base... or 2.5 ml
PG would be 10% or 1 ml
VG would be 50% or 5 ml
and your flavoring with is also considered VG would be 15% or 1.5 ml
This would give you a 10 ml bottle
You can take that flavoring 15% or 1.5 ml and bust up however you want.

If you want extra flavoring
then it would be
25% nic base or 2.5 ml
5% PG or .5 ml
50% VG or 5 ml
flavoring would then be 20% or 2 ml and can be divided between whatever flavors you want but the total of all the flavorings should add up to 2 ml.

To make 100 ml just move the decimal points one place to the right.

If you just want to make 50 ml total... go ahead and move the decimal points one space to the right and then take the numbers and halve or divide by 2.

I have a difficult time explaining some of these things... I do all this in my head and it is easier for me to work in 100 increments and then work around that.

If you still don't understand... let me know and I will try again.

Last edited:

JoyPeace

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
Philadelphia ,USA
I am not a fan of the changes but I was pretty fed up before the changes. I really hope with the changes you will also focus on the lab getting things right. Not knowing which bottle has max vg , extra flavor , etc is not acceptable. It also is not acceptable to receive bottles with the labels all stuck to each other or missing completely.

I have remained fairly silent on the issues other then a brief mention . However to pay more I first need to see if I can even vape the stuff without destroying my throat ( I've gone max vg this last order) and be sure I will know what is in my bottle.

The glass bottles are a danger in households with children and pets so I hope you continue to look for an option for plastic.

I really have loved killer juice from my first order and sincerely hope that things get ironed out .

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
I am not a fan of the changes but I was pretty fed up before the changes. I really hope with the changes you will also focus on the lab getting things right. Not knowing which bottle has max vg , extra flavor , etc is not acceptable. It also is not acceptable to receive bottles with the labels all stuck to each other or missing completely.

I have remained fairly silent on the issues other then a brief mention . However to pay more I first need to see if I can even vape the stuff without destroying my throat ( I've gone max vg this last order) and be sure I will know what is in my bottle.

The glass bottles are a danger in households with children and pets so I hope you continue to look for an option for plastic.

I really have loved killer juice from my first order and sincerely hope that things get ironed out .

Hey I wanted to let you know what changes were made on the lab's end to help with these.

First off less orders means more time can be spent with each individual bottle, this is also why we dropped down the number of flavors. Instead of processing 500 orders I would rather process 250 and spend double the time to make sure each note is read and every formula is correct. This is sort of why you have not seen be on the forums, I hired a new guy who's background is in chemistry (like myself) that can take charge.

The latest change in labels now show a box for Max VG, Max PG, Extra Flavor, and a 4th to be filled in. Also it has on there all 6 nicotine levels. The reason we did that was to better communicate what flavor had what features you requested. The new labels are also printed on site now and are no longer outsourced. This means we have better control over the quality of the paper and how they stick on. The new glossy labels that you see on Pure Michigan, and Rainbow Sherbet are the new types. They tack on to the bottles MUCH better than ever before. Plastic bottles will be back but in the mean time the glass will be shrink wrapped to provide a tamper evident seal. We also are in the process of getting a shipment of childproof dropped tops in to allow that options to people with children and pets.

We always listen to feedback and make changes to best help any issues that come up. Our goal is the make this a community based product. We listen and we adjust. Never will we just say no to an idea or problem. I personally read every piece of feedback and customer email to make sure we are satisfying everyone's needs. If the most recent bottles are not to your liking please let me know. Contact me at my email walt@killer-juice.com or call the customer service line and I will be there.

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
I have not always been happy with my KJ juices (for various reasons).
AND I am not thrilled about the new glass-only option
--OR the price increase.

Having said that, I am honestly amazed at, even inspired by, KJ's/Walt's receptivity to customer ideas and your willingness to try to accommodate individual customers.

Someone else said it already, above, but I hope that this kind of truly engaged-with-the-customer attitude continues as KJ grows. In the usual scenario, a company would start to reduce this kind of back-and-forth as it grows, both for logistical reasons and because with a secure base, the level engagement no longer impacts the bottom line much. It becomes a values issue. I will be watching, waiting, hoping and wishing you the best of luck.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Walt, some people may find your liquid harsh, but for me i dont at all. then again, ive always been a TH fanatic so maybe that has something to do with it.
what i know for sure is that Walt, you are absolutely proficient at customer service. ive only been a KJ customer for a short time, but in that short time, time and time again ive seen you go above and beyond for everyone, no matter how trivial each request might be. i cannot commend you enough.

on another note...

fun fact: plastic containers leach chemicals into their contents.

it doesnt stop me in the slightest from using plastic bottles (or plastic anything), because, well, im not that concerned. but some people might be so i thought i'd share. same goes for tupperware-type of containers. if youre concerned, dont store your food in plastic. and NEVER heat/freeze your food in plastic ESPECIALLY if there is any fat content in the food. when frozen or heated, the fat binds with the plastic, and the plastic binds with the fat, sharing chemicals. extreme temperatures will exacerbate the problem and accelerate the process.
if youve ever seen that stubborn orange ring around the inside of a tupperware container that had say, tomato sauce in it, then you can be sure that the food and plastic have become one. and if you look & feel closely, lots of times you can see tiny portions of missing plastic in that stubborn orange stain that wont wipe away, no matter how hard you scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread