The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ok this is strange.

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by DantesInferno, Aug 9, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DantesInferno

DantesInferno Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    So I decided to clean my Cisco 306 today. Did the whole vodka soak, blew it out with compressed air, let it dry, reprimed it stuck it on my twist and nothing.....hmmm. Dead atty? So I stuck it on my provari. Tests at 1.3ohm. Set 3.3v on provari and it burns just fine. So back to my twist. Nothing at any voltage. What the hell? All my other attys are going just fine on the twist. Any clue?

2. Lumpia

Lumpia Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    I had a similar thing happen yesterday with my twist. Stardust just would not fire on the twist. I'm guessing that the positive post was not making good contact. I snugged the connection down and it worked. I still didn't like the experience. I'm going on the assumption that you didn't have fluid down in the battery connection on the twist as well. I found it odd when it happened to me as well.

3. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Ya I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it. The contact in the provari is quite a bit smaller than
    on the twist. Though maybe the o ring wasn't allowing a good connection on the twist. Tried to get the o ring back in snug and now it's dead on the provari too. Lol. Oh well.

4. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Ahhhaaa!!! That was the problem. Managed to get the bottom off this thing and got the o ring back in good and it's now going on all devices!

5. Lumpia

Lumpia Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    My issue with the stardust went away as mysteriously as it appeared. Silly twists. haha

6. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    I didn't realize egos contact point was that big. I pulled out the gauge and measured it. On ego devices it's 5/32. The provari's is 1/8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.