Old Member Coming Back... Need help remembering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
It's been a few years... I regrettably relapsed but am now back for good... Had quit for 7 months... sigh... By gones!

The question I have is, I bought a Riva kit right before I quit and it's working great! Luckily I saved it up and its still in perfect condition! Anyways, like I said, I bought it right before I quit so didn't have much knowledge of it and now I can't remember what model number it is... I think its a 510 but I see Riva has a 901 also and the pictures are very deceiving on google... I have one of the little fat batteries... I say fat because I started with one of the slender ones that more resembles a cigarette. I really just want to make sure I'm buying the right pass through and atomizers for it!

Also, like I said, I quit 3 or so years ago... When I did, I neatly packaged everything up and set it in my closet... Is there any danger in using my liquids? Do they expire?

Oh, one more question... I need help finding dekang's USA mix... 50mg or more, 6-12mg nic... I used madvapes before but now they're all out of stock except the 0mg nic variety! :(

TLDR:

3 questions:

1. Is there any way to make sure what model of Riva I have?

2. Am I poisoning myself with my old liquids?

3. Dekang's USA mix, 6-12mg nic... anyone know a cheap place?!

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Hi Dani! Welcome back! Saw this thread earlier and didn't respond because I didn't really think I could help you with your questions, but I'll give it a bump for you!

Personally, I wouldn't use e-liquids that are 3 years old. Most juices now come with use by dates that are generally no more than a year from the date of purchase. I do remember reading somewhere that, in reality, PG has a shelf life of about 2 years - don't quote me on that, though!

JJ

obsidianchao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
If it's a fat battery, you got an eGo. As far as your e-liquid, it won't kill you, but I wouldn't vape it, .... must be nasty.

For your juice concerns - evcigarettes might have it but they charge out the ... for DeKang. Maybe FastTech? They stock all chinese stuff, they could have it. Never heard someone request DeKang juice before, haha. :D Have you tried other USA mixes?

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Dani, look at your Riva where the carto/atty/whatever connects. If the threads are on the outside it's a 901, if they're on the inside it's a 510 connection. 510s have pretty much become the standard, although there are still a few 901 parts out there, especially those trusty 901 attys. :) Give the forums a spin however, you won't believe some of the stuff that's been developed since you've been away.

As for the juices, your best bet is to eyeball them first, then smell em and finally drip a couple of drops if you have a working atomizer. If they smell okay and taste okay you should be fine, although they're probably not the strength they were when you ordered them since nicotine oxidizes over time. If they smell bad or taste off then the flavoring is the culprit and it's time to toss em and order more.

Good luck and welcome back!

Edited to add; Dekang is getting kind of hard to find in various strengths here in the U.S. Healthcabin is still around, but of course that's overseas. Otherwise it's all over the board as to prices and availability. Sad to say, but it's time to do some shopping! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread