Old school user needs an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

madasada

May 24, 2016
Hi,

I'm getting an eleaf ipower but I'm looking for a potential tank upgrade. I'm currently using the 2nd gen eleaf with a vivi nova S BVC coils.

This setup has lasted me years. I like to use e-cigarettes as a replacement for smoking. That means I take long drags, like 5 - 6 seconds. None of this 0.5 second drag or get burnt hit crap.

The problem is the BVC coils are harder and harder to find. Coil prices went from $9 to now $14 it seems.

Anybody know of a tank that "just works", preferably around $10 / 5 coils. I'm ok with expensive tank, but not $20 freaking coils.

Thanks.

Reactions: LeeLee26

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I have had good luck with the Eleaf GS Airs. Coils last me for weeks and can be found for around $9.00 for a pack of 5. Sweet-Vapes and Rocky Mountain vapes both carry them. I run the 1.5 Ohm coils around 12-13 Watts and can take nice, long draws with no burnt hits.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have had good luck with the Eleaf GS Airs. Coils last me for weeks and can be found for around $9.00 for a pack of 5. Sweet-Vapes and Rocky Mountain vapes both carry them. I run the 1.5 Ohm coils around 12-13 Watts and can take nice, long draws with no burnt hits.
The Eleaf GS and the Joyetech CS (used in the original eGrip mods) are the same coils, and decent.

However, I'm a fan of the eGo ONE line of tanks and their CLR heads...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

madasada

May 24, 2016
Interesting, the mouthpiece and airflow is larger so I literally can't draw for 5 - 6 seconds. I get 3 - 3.5 seconds tops. The airflow limiter is too finicky to use unfortunately.

Running 0.85ohms (0.75 + adapter?) at 14 watts. I definitely can't get the 20 - 25 watts that youtubers get at the same resistance. Liquid burns after 1 second at 18 - 19 watts. Flavour is a bit weak at 14 watts though, I'll add more to the liquid next time.

So far, I think this is viable. The 2 - 3 seconds isn't a deal breaker since you still get a full mouthful of air. Any less might be annoying though. Slightly more vapour than the vivi nova s.

Reactions: David Wolf

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
The Eleaf GS and the Joyetech CS (used in the original eGrip mods) are the same coils, and decent.

However, I'm a fan of the eGo ONE line of tanks and their CLR heads...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I'll add another vote for the Ego One line. Can't be beat! And they can be whatever you want them to be from MTL tootle puffer to full blown DTL sub ohm or even TC. Variety of coils available including the CLR(rebuildable). Variety of sizes up to 4ml

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I use the nautilus tank when I don't feel like building or re-wicking my GEM tank. Never had problems with a long draw at 10-13 watts. Flavor is decent and no burnt taste. The Kabuki which uses nautilus coils has better airflow than the nautilus tank and you get a little better flavor.... The Kabuki ain't cheap at $100 but I think the regular nautilus tank will serve you well.

madasada

May 24, 2016
Probably the last update. I've learned a few things about the GS air 2. 0.8ohm @ 14.5 watts

- These coils have a break in period. Once it's over, it's amazing.
- Does better with higher VG liquid for some reason. Running 50/50 right now and it doesn't burn with 5 second drags.
- Need to wait for the bubbles, sometimes a gentle tap will trigger the coil refill.
- It seems to burn less with lung hits and has more vapour, more power bringing the liquid to the coil I guess.

Also, apparently I'm a lung hit person now. So that's a thing. I'm running with this for now, thanks all the for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread