Ole's ultimate KR808D battery test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
That's some good info since I work as a test dummy at the Winchester Arms test firing range. I'm leaving my batts in the car for now on!

Everything Ole owns has a .22 hole through it after being tested. Needless to say all of his Glasses and Dishes are plastic and there ain't no light bulbs just chuncks of candles.

Perhaps Leaford can put some Kevlar lanyards together to avoid such a mishap because it could happen.

From this moment on I am going to call manufacturers and simply ask them, "Will it work if I shoot it with a .22?"

Manufacturers really need to bring there standards up to Ole levels!

Last edited:

WA3PNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Chino Valley, AZ
www.rodeogeorge.com
I did my own, unintentional, battery test this past Monday. While up in a 60' Manlift taking the Scoreboard down, when I reached over the basket railing to undo some straps, the railing pushed my Personal Carring Case and an Auto Battery with Carto out of my pocket.

They plumetted 60' to a gravel walkway.

When I got down, I found that the PCC had sprung open and it's contents (2 Auto batteries and 4 Cartos) were scattered near the point of impact. I don't know how the eCig landed, but it had only a small scratch on the side of the Battery.

All the items worked fine when I tested them. SO, the V4L items definitely passed the 60' Drop Test.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread