Omega help/questions (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laklar

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2009
I just received my Omega today (bout 4 hours ago) and have trying to get it to work since. :( Looks like it'd be a great device if I could get over these couple little issues. Any help anyone may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

1st. first attachment picture - Is the Omega supposed to look like this when tilted on it's side? reminds me of a bobble head toy doll.. :p

Second. Second attachment picture - I have played and worked and worked to try to get that little piston to go high enough to make contact with the battery. I've only succeeded twice (out of the 2 dozen or so times I've tried) but each time I wasn't able to get it to fire my atty. After checking my atty and batteries in my CHUCK I confirmed that they work properly.

I'm beginning to wonder if I may have gotten a bump piston or something.

sorry about the quality of the pics. Taken with my blackberry.

Attachments

• IMG00014-20100712-1944.jpg
    IMG00014-20100712-1944.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG00015-20100712-1944.jpg
    IMG00015-20100712-1944.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 173

laklar

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2009
I have em pretty tight. I'm scared to tighten them much more or I'll strip em.

I have had this think apart and put back together more times than I can count. I did exactly as the video said.

If it helps....I took out the black battery protector and was able to get a couple hits off the device. I don't think I should have to do that though.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I have em pretty tight. I'm scared to tighten them much more or I'll strip em.

I have had this think apart and put back together more times than I can count. I did exactly as the video said.

If it helps....I took out the black battery protector and was able to get a couple hits off the device. I don't think I should have to do that though.
If that is the case you did not get the contact all the way back into the actualtor head. There are some tight tolerances and it may feel like it is seated.

laklar

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2009
If that is the case you did not get the contact all the way back into the actualtor head. There are some tight tolerances and it may feel like it is seated.

I've taken the piston out of the head and it's got a LOT of play. I know and understand that it's supposed to move a little bit, but I can push the rod (not pushing hard) 1/2 way through the cylinder. Is that normal?

I think that is the reason I have a "bobble head".

It also feels like the rod of the piston isn't long enough and making solid contact with the battery properly.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I've taken the piston out of the head and it's got a LOT of play. I know and understand that it's supposed to move a little bit, but I can push the rod (not pushing hard) 1/2 way through the cylinder. Is that normal?

I think that is the reason I have a "bobble head".

It also feels like the rod of the piston isn't long enough and making solid contact with the battery properly.

I assembled and tested each unit, trust me, the bobble is because you do not have the contact all the way down. I refer to the contact as the whole assembly(3pieces). Yes as I said in the video the "rod" is floating to enable it to adjust for different atomizers.

laklar

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2009
I assembled and tested each unit, trust me, the bobble is because you do not have the contact all the way down. I refer to the contact as the whole assembly(3pieces). Yes as I said in the video the "rod" is floating to enable it to adjust for different atomizers.

I understand what you mean. I believe I am screwing the rod of the piston in the correct place. I think the piston has too much play. I think it extends more than it should. I think I broke it.

Attachment 1. you can see the scuff marks where the screws are attaching to the rod.

Attachment 2. This is where it feels like the normal location of the rod.

Attachment 3. This is where it appears that the rod is pulled to far out of the piston.

The reason I took it apart in the first place was because I didn't think it was making contact with the batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_7870.jpg
    IMG_7870.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7869.jpg
    IMG_7869.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7872.jpg
    IMG_7872.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 139

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thank you for calling me cddz. got it all going now. I figured it was user error but I thought I broke it. lol

Great service! A+ :)

Ohiomelody - yea, I got a little impatient with it. I'm a computer geek (network Analyst) and not very mechanical.

I had a rough time with my new Omega, but now we both know each other real well. :)

Glad you got it all worked out.. now enjoy.. :)

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
So... that would have happened if the set screws contacted the center pin. The set screws would contact the center pin if the collar wasn't all the way in.

Moral of the story is compress the top all the way and make sure the collar that holds the center pin is seated into the cylinder before tightening the set screws. If you ding up the center pin it won't slide smoothly in the collar and you may have to do something like turn it in your 1200 grit sandpaper to get the set screw bites off it.

Why wouldn't the collar slide easily into the cylinder? because it can get bite marks from the set screws too :) -- you can lightly turn that in your 1200 grit paper too. Now you know why chad says "snug, not tight" - those set screws are sharp. You know something is wrong if you only loosened them 1/2 turn to take it apart and it doesn't snug up when you tighten them 1/2 turn putting it back together...

(how in the world do I know all this stuff :unsure:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread