Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Here's the low and dirty on fast tech.

fast tech has great clones and cheap crappy clones.
They sell clones made by every top manufacturer in the industry.
Especially Infinite ( which I do not consider a top manufacturer but well get to that later).
You can find the best made and worst made clones on fast tech.
They buy and sell in bulk. That's why they are cheap.
The trick is reading the DISCUSSION posts on each item before pulling the trigger.

Infinite: infinite is a reseller.
like HCigar, they resell from other manufacturers
Everyone was hyping the Infinite stingray like it was the best clone ever.
The hype train still rolls for the uninformed.
The stingray clone has a sketchy switch. Tons of threads complaining about it.
Tobeco stingray has a much better switch.

Beware the hype train.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Sometimes it's about expense, folks either can't afford a $200 authentic and want to drip. Not everyone has a ton of disposal cash that wants to do something other really enjoy.

I own both and am pretty handy so I can tweak my clones, I'm not disappointed when one needs some work.

Others are bummed and looking for help because they don't really understand the problem. I may be wrong but I thought that's what forums like these were all about. Help, education and finding friends with the same interests. Some times money is an obstacle sports fans, it should be taken into account.

Maybe looking at the bigger picture and understanding that not everyone can drop $200 on one mech will help you get through this crisis.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
One thing I don't understand is why they are so popular.

Authentic or clone, they are far from the best.

I know this is weird but either some or all are fun and produce much better flavor.

I enjoy building a coil that produces an awesome taste. Before I went to mechs and drippers it was good but the new discovery made it better.

You get to tinker with stuff and in the end (most of the time) you score with something tasty.

I have four loaded right now with different liquids and a couple PV with R91's on them that have some damn good flavor coming out of them, my new Viking (hasn't been cloned) is friggin awesome.

For me, it's just enjoyable.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
The reason you see complaints is simple:
remember the Origen-Aqua hype?
soooo popular....until we got them.

I'm assuming you mean "Origin" rather than the dripper. So...Really? Because I haven't had a single problem with my Aqua/Origin combo. Nor have I read a single negative experience from people with an authentic Aqua, aside from "it's hard to build on", and that's from people primarily coming from building Kayfuns.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
No, sorry, I meant why is the Nemesis so popular.

I don't understand it either really, but I love my Nemesis. And I never even really planned on getting one when I was first got into authentics, I just purchased a lot of high ends from a user here, and that was one of the ones that I got with it. But I use it more than any of my other mods - it's pretty much my go to vape. One thing you'll notice too, at forums dedicated to high ends where people tend to have tastes for things like Hellfires, Satburns, Caravelas, etc., almost everyone has a Nemesis and likes it.

I got my Kalafan, now I need a CNC brass one :)

readmermaid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
For me, the clones vs. authentic debate isn't about the price difference or affordability, nor about whether or not one functions THAT much better than the other, nor whether or not one is art and the other mass-produced junk....

For me, it's a moral issue. Clones are stolen intellectual property. Mostly, not only the design, but the logo, the original maker's name, his own NAME, has been appropriated! I imagine his feelings when he sees his credibility appropriated, too, by a thread with his product's name (albeit a clone) complaining that it's trash....

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
Why is the nemesis so popular?

Well it was meticulously engineered to be one of the easiest modular tube mods with a bottom switch to use.
In that regard i still hold the nemesis as king. No one has topped the functionality of the switch and lock ring setup.

Granted the nemesis may not be for everyone, and thats fine. You dont have to like it to seee the massive influence Atmomixani has had on our mod market.

Anyway the point of the thread is multifunctional. I dont see most mods as art. Certain ones i do. Like my beloved nemmies. I have 4. And all their atties.

I totally agree with the person who said most people cant use a screwdriver much less a mech mod. Totally! Im a fiddly guy, i work with my hands as a machinist, potter, sculptor and drummer. So this stuff is right up my alley.

Those coworkers i mentioned at my OP dont even know what an amp limit is yet they push dang near 100 watts daily on a mech clone. I wouldnt trust a mech clone pushing 30 watts much less 100....unless it was tried and true. But like i said these are the crappiest clones ive ever seen.

Anyhow...i love this discussion so please keep it comin!

My stance on clones is yes, you are promoting intellectual theft when u use a clone - logos or not, whether you admit it or not or dont care, youre still doing it. So u might as well admit it...

I promote piracy when i download an album i didnt pay for....so where is the line?

Honestly maybe mod makers should be able to license their designs out and saturate the mass market and continue producing small batches to satisfy the high end demand.

And anyone who says authentics are too hard to find or too expensive...you simpy arent looking hard enough. It takes 5% effort. Also whoever says theere are no affordable authentics is lying to themselves.

Smok magneto, super t line, MM nanos...etc etc

Eliquidbar.com
Intaste.de
Super T manufacturing.

All in stock...

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
My stance on clones is yes, you are promoting intellectual theft when u use a clone - logos or not, whether you admit it or not or dont care, youre still doing it. So u might as well admit it...
While I agree with most of what you said, I feel you undermine your case when you mention Smok as a supplier of genuine mods.

Many of their designs are obviously copies, with slight changes, of other mechs. Where does the line between copying and original lie? With copyright in the US it's 10% which isn't much. Not if it's your design being copied and it bothers you. It seems to me when the obvious intent is to copy then you're copying, whether it's exactly the same or not. Why should an arbitrary line determine whether it's OK or not?

I've seen one original manufacturer comment that they must be in the big time now because their product was being cloned. So obviously not everyone is upset.

Personally I love clones. And just like the whole downloading music, video, game argument is mostly smoke because those downloaders wouldn't be buying if they had to pay hence no lost sales, the clone issue is pretty much the same. I would never, ever pay $200 for a metal tube, switch and top cap. But I can understand the person who does feeling they're getting some unique hand made thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
...Personally I love clones. And just like the whole downloading music, video, game argument is mostly smoke because those downloaders wouldn't be buying if they had to pay hence no lost sales, the clone issue is pretty much the same. I would never, ever pay $200 for a metal tube, switch and top cap. But I can understand the person who does feeling they're getting some unique hand made thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I do believe the clones are hurting some original manufacturers but in an indirect way...
I as many here have bought a nemesis clone but would never have bought a 200+ mod.

My purchase isn't hurting atmomixani, BUT i bought the nem clone instead of a magneto or a budget 40+ mod.

so of course it is hurting but not to the original manufacturer of that specific cloned mod

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
I dont doubt that atmomixani has potentially increases sales due to clones. Immense exposure to the brand.

But now the quality of said brand is diluted because now owners of shoddy clones think atmomixani sucks and all the threads about "top cap stuck" or similar may sway a potential buyer of a particular mod (authentic). It someone is thinking about a nemesis genuine mod as their next buy and checks the threads and sees countless negaltives....wont that Affect them?

The whole crux of this was to get a handle on this subforum so that 90 percent of viewable topics arent solely clone issues being had by members. That is all

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I dont doubt that atmomixani has potentially increases sales due to clones. Immense exposure to the brand.

But now the quality of said brand is diluted because now owners of shoddy clones think atmomixani sucks and all the threads about "top cap stuck" or similar may sway a potential buyer of a particular mod (authentic). It someone is thinking about a nemesis genuine mod as their next buy and checks the threads and sees countless negaltives....wont that Affect them?

The whole crux of this was to get a handle on this subforum so that 90 percent of viewable topics arent solely clone issues being had by members. That is all
IMHO,
People are just in a rush to have the latest cool, exclusive toy, and tend to do so without educating themselves first.
Paying attention and reading past the title of the thread will provide worlds of insight.

It's no ones fault but their own.
I don't feel the need to cater to them, tho.
You can't fix stupid. Let nature take its course.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
The issue comes from people not doing their own research in buying a cloned product. A lot of people won't take the time to see who makes the best quality clone and what issues arise from each manufacturer to assess where to put their money and just want the newest thing as fast as they can, which generally leads to technical issues and mishaps when it is unexplored territory.

I do agree with having a separate subforum for clone devices, but I feel the 'technical issue' threads are less annoying than the 'what mod should I get' threads that pop up every day and always have the same answers.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The issue comes from people not doing their own research in buying a cloned product. A lot of people won't take the time to see who makes the best quality clone and what issues arise from each manufacturer to assess where to put their money and just want the newest thing as fast as they can, which generally leads to technical issues and mishaps when it is unexplored territory.

I do agree with having a separate subforum for clone devices, but I feel the 'technical issue' threads are less annoying than the 'what mod should I get' threads that pop up every day and always have the same answers.

I agree with the first paragraph although it applies to alot more than clones.

I'm not sure separate forums would help stop or encourage this behavior.
It's unhealthy for the vaping community.
People need to use their brains and do the research.
Common sense tells you to so this.
Do not encourage people who are not using common sense.
Give em facts and good advice, and encourage them to learn instead of blindly following a fad.

Id suggest good stickies with reviews by experienced members to solve the "which mod?" Thread clutter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread