• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

On hold, pending GST and/or Duty/Control Authority approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Canadian eh? I'd say that your item has been selected for inspection by the Border Services Agency (BSA). They may open it to confirm that the contents match the description and value on the shipping label. They'll also calculate the duty and GST owed. They'll relabel your package and send it on as a collect package, so you'll need to pay the balance at the time of receipt to your mailman or courier.

• Disagree
Reactions: Karaer

Karaer

Jul 24, 2019
Canadian eh? I'd say that your item has been selected for inspection by the Border Services Agency (BSA). They may open it to confirm that the contents match the description and value on the shipping label. They'll also calculate the duty and GST owed. They'll relabel your package and send it on as a collect package, so you'll need to pay the balance at the time of receipt to your mailman or courier.

Singaporean, I doubt it's due to the GST owed. It's barred here, so I'm looking for the Singaporeans who've experienced similar situation as me whether it'll be a fine or a warning or something worser..

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Singaporean, I doubt it's due to the GST owed. It's barred here, so I'm looking for the Singaporeans who've experienced similar situation as me whether it'll be a fine or a warning or something worser..
Whoops my mistake for answering in a location-specific forum without realizing.

Louisedelaure

Aug 7, 2019
This message I’ve received when tracking my parcel today. Could anyone shed a light on what will happen when getting this? This is my first time.

Serious answers please, anyone who’s been in the same situation please englihten me on what is gonna happen. Thanks so much.

Hi ya there i got the same issue today...im freaking out but well lets see..

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Me too. Will there be any repercussions?
You live in a country where people do their jobs meticulously, and authorities don't give lawbreakers the benefit of the doubt. They've made possession a crime. How dumb do you have to be to talk about it on a public forum? Seek out a black market and stop leaving breadcrumbs.

Babayaga1983

Dec 1, 2019
You live in a country where people do their jobs meticulously, and authorities don't give lawbreakers the benefit of the doubt. They've made possession a crime. How dumb do you have to be to talk about it on a public forum? Seek out a black market and stop leaving breadcrumbs.
Care to share with me the "black market" . Thanks boss

Elisa24

May 27, 2020
Hi guys,
i also received " On hold, pending GST and/or Duty/Control Authority approval."
for my parcel since April this year. But i do not received any letters nor call from the Singpost.
The status of my parcel stated " Can be collected at Singapore EMS"
so i'm not sure whether i should go collect. Hee..
Its been since 11 April 20 till now. Anyone can advise or help on this? Thanks guys!!!

NeoSmith

Nov 8, 2019
Hi ya there i got the same issue today...im freaking out but well lets see..

Any updates on this? My parcel just got marked as prohibited item from shopee after it failed to pass customs

Any updates what did u order abd what happened in the end?

My personal experience. Package get suspicious by custom, looks like vape toys and sent to hisam.
Hisam sent letter to invite you for coffee. If you ignore the letter, nothing happen.
That was when only selling vape toys is an offense. Now rules changed, owning vape toy itself is an offense...

Hi just an update on my situation. My vape juices got held at customs last year and today the Health Science Authority (HSA) came down to my house to issue a fine. Please spread the word and becareful fellow vapers.

I’m not kidding. PM me if you need more information.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
How do I PM on this forum?
Click the name of the person you want to converse with, to the left of one of their posts, then click "start a conversation" or hover your pointer over your name at the top of the screen then select "conversations" from the menu that drops down and then click "start a new conversation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread