On Safari for the Ultimate Starter's Kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
On Safari for the Ultimate Starter’s Kit Contest!

** Please understand this contest is only available to those persons residing in the United States of America, as current USPS regulations forbid the shipping of electronic cigarette batteries and nicotine liquids from the States. I do not like or approve of this limitation, but I cannot forego compliance.

I have a little contest in mind with a big prize package for one lucky person, which ties in both my support of electronic cigarettes as a smokeless alternative to tobacco cigarettes and to one of my favorite charities. The prize package is one I call the Ultimate Starter’s Kit – it has it all for someone looking to quit smoking and try vaping, everything from batteries to juice and even some great bling! And, a little bit of that bling ties to the charity I’ve chosen to introduce to you. The prize package components are listed in my second post.

PLEASE NOTE!

THE PRIZE PACKAGE IS OF MY OWN COMPILATION, AND THE BRAND(S) OF MY CHOOSING. NO VENDOR OR SUPPLIER WAS SOLICITED FOR ANY PORTION OF THE PRIZE.

NO MONETARY CONTRIBUTIONS TO CHARITY ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THIS CONTEST – AWARENESS IS THE ONLY CHARITY GOAL.

On to the contest! Here is what you need to do to enter:

The charity I would like to introduce is the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida! Go to the BCR website at www.bigcatrescue.org. Under the top line menu, mouse over “Photos & Facts” and then click on “Meet the Big Cats.” There, you will find a list of all the big cats currently in the care of Big Cat Rescue along with their photos and brief biographies of how they came to be with BCR. Read up on a few of the cats and get to know them! Then, choose the name of the cat(s) you like best to be a part of your contest entry.

Now, back to ECF and this thread for your contest challenge:

You are on safari

Whether that safari is in the wilds of Africa or in your own backyard is of your own choosing. The only thing you have that can “shoot” is a camera, and you have a journal.

Your contest entry is a journal entry! Describe your encounter of the big cat from BCR on your safari. Maybe you will describe your face-to-face encounter with Joseph, the big lion of the African plains. Maybe you’ll describe the imaginary chance meeting of Orion, the powerful cougar, who emerged from gazing up at the constellation with your children during a backyard camping trip. No matter the journal entry, neither the cats nor you are to be harmed in any way. And, since this is supposed to be fun, there will be no “grammar police,” and your entry does not have to be “word perfect.”

Then, finally, dedicate your journal entry to the person you would like to give the chance to start a new lifestyle without tobacco cigarettes. It could be your sister, dad, cousin, best friend, or even yourself.

I will be reading each and every entry in this contest. This contest will end on September 30, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time in the United States (I am in this zone and it is easier for me to mark the end of the contest period). At the end of the contest period, 10 entries will be selected for final review by use of a random number generator and probably by the hand of an ECF friend so I will not be biased in the selection of the final 10. The winner of the Ultimate Starter’s Kit prize package will be selected from among these 10. I will not be announcing the 10 random entries, but I will announce the prize winner publicly. The winner will be publicly announced October 02, 2012, in the evening by 8:00 p.m. Mountain Time (please bear with me if it is not instant, I’ve been working between 10 and 12 hours per day, lately). The winner will receive a PM from me asking for a shipping address and information (I will pay shipping, and no information will be shared by me to anyone else in any way except at the post office counter).
This is the way I have chosen to make the selection given that I am only one person, and my final say goes. Nonetheless, I hope there are a lot of entries out there!

Here are the “written in stone” rules:

1) This contest is open to ALL ECF members and moderators alike. We all know someone we would like to help, even if it is ourselves.

2) All entrants must be 18 years of age or older to participate (although it is a given for this forum, I feel the necessity to reiterate this requirement).

3) Three “journal entries” will be allowed per person/account. Entries should be 200 words or less, but will not be disqualified if over (I am going to read them all, and would like to keep my eyes in focus, lol).

4) Journal entries MUST start with the numbering system using “DAY 1,” “DAY 2,” or “DAY 3” as appropriate (although you do not have to wait a day in between to post). If your entry does not start in this fashion, it will not be eligible for a chance at the prize.

5) Journal entries MUST each contain the name of one or more of the big cats from Big Cat Rescue.

6) Journal entries MUST be finished with the dedication to someone you would like see have a new beginning with vaping and to leave tobacco behind (it can be to yourself).

7) Chit chat – on topic – is allowed, but the post MUST start with "CHIT CHAT" or “NOT AN ENTRY” or "NAE" - chit chat will not be considered for prize review.

8) Any abusive or offensive posts, or posts made with the intent to troll or flame, will be reported and I will ask they be removed. Please be courteous and have fun!

9) If you are the winner, I ask you to please not sell this prize in the classifieds, here or elsewhere. If you cannot or will not use this prize as intended, please pass it on without cost to a newbie and/or someone you care about to help them on their vaping journey, and hopefully, into better health.

At some time, I hope you will also spend a little time at the Big Cat Rescue website to learn a little more about this non-profit organization devoted to the rescue, care, and rehab of cats from abusive and other threatening situations.

On to post #2 for the prize package:

Last edited:

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
This single prize package is comprised of items purchased by me for this contest. I designed it to be an ultimate starter’s kit, and I sincerely hope it will help someone out there stop smoking tobacco – or even a couple of someones, if shared. This is my “pay it forward.” The vendors did not provide the prize items, they were all of my choosing, and they are all new and unused items. This package contains all the basics, plus a generous assortment of “bling,” which I hope will satisfy the curiosity of both men and women. The only things that would truly need to be added at a later point would be more liquids and juices and cartos and clearos of the user’s choice.

Here is what is included in this starter’s kit prize package:

By Smokeless Image*

3 - 65mm auto Volt batteries, silver/chrome with white LEDs
3 - 65mm size, big cat themed battery wraps in tiger, cheetah, and leopard (one each for the silver/chrome batteries – 2 applied and one not, so as to allow the experience of all 3 “finish” options available on the Volt batteries)
1 - 78mm auto Volt battery, black with red LED
1 - 78mm manual Volt battery, copper (more an antique gold) with white LED
1 – Volt X2 battery, 650 mAh, orange
1 – Volt X2 battery, 900 mAh, yellow
1 – Volt X2 battery, 1300 mAh, neon green
1 – Mega charging case (v2) with gray lid
1 – Volt USB Wall Adapter, 1.5A, for use with all SI Volt chargers (except the car charger)
1 – Volt USB battery charger
1 – Volt car charger
5 – Diamond (clear) battery end caps
7 – Colored crystal battery end caps, one each in yellow, green, dark blue, orange, pink, dark purple, and red
5 – Stealth battery end caps (black, no LED light will show through)
10 – Cartomizer end caps in assorted colors
1 – Smooth Sampler cartomizer pack, 18mg nicotine
1 – Strong Sampler cartomizer pack, 18mg nicotine
1 – Sweet Sampler cartomizer pack, 12mg nicotine
3 – Standard size, 5-cartomizer carrying cases, black version with yellow Volt logo
1 – Blank cartomizer 5-pack, XL, black
1 – CE3 5-pack cartomizers
3 – Improved (though 1st edition SI branded) clearomizers, clear with black tips
7 – Assorted colors replacement clearomizer tips
1 – 30ml bottle niquid, Country, 18mg nicotine
1 – 30ml bottle niquid, Ice Menthol, 18mg nicotine
1 – 30ml bottle niquid, RY4, 18mg nicotine
1 – Neoprene mega charging case carrying sleeve
1 – Standard Volt carrying case for 65mm and 78mm batteries and accessories, black with red zipper
1 – XL Volt carrying case for X2 batteries and accessories, black with yellow zipper
1 – “It’s Just Vapor!” Smokeless Image t-shirt, size XL

Note: All Smokeless Image Volt batteries are 808 threaded devices.

By Maxpedition*

1 – Maxpedition “Fatty” pocket organizer, black

The total retail value of this prize package is $408.10.

*Smokeless Image and Maxpedition were not solicited to provide any of these components,
and I am not an affiliate of either company. This contest is in the spirit of getting a unique and
bountiful starter’s kit into the hands of someone who is trying to leave tobacco cigarettes behind,
and I chose the prize to be the same products I have used myself to accomplish this very goal.​

Finally, this is my dedication: This contest is being offered in the memory of my mother. She would have loved the idea all the way around. We lost her to cancer in 2000. Had electronic cigarettes as we know them today been around back then, I truly believe she would have been able to finally break through and stop smoking.

Recommended video viewing: Mroutlaw and SteelJan and Big Cat TV

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
CHIT CHAT . . .

"KIA" - Bravo and Kudos to "YOU" Young Lady . . . :thumbs:

What a great contest and idea . . . AND - The prize package is perfect for anyone, especially someone just starting out and "Transiting into the World of Vaping". . . NICE ! ! !

I am elated to see "You" doing this and for all the right reasons . . . :D

I am so happy "You" are one of "My" Friends . . . :D

View attachment 131871

BTW: Although, You know I am a Contest Junkie, I will not be entering . . .
So if I can be of any help or assistance to you - Please just let me know . . . :D

Last edited:

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
CHIT CHAT . . .

"KIA" - Bravo and Kudos to "YOU" Young Lady . . . What a great contest and idea . . . AND - The prize package is perfect for anyone, especially someone just starting out and "Transiting into the World of Vaping". . .

I am elated to see You doing this and for all the right reasons and so happy "You" are one of "My" Friends . . .

View attachment 131871

NAE

:wub: you Uncle!

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
I highly recommend that everyone get involved in this wonderful contest---

What? Oh. Ummm, I'm kinda sorta starting to think you wanted me to actually enter this contest? I was thinking that the coveted Squirrel Endorsement was what you were after? No? Hmmm, that's a bit more difficult, but since it's for you---Okey-dokey. ;)

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
NAE
NAE

Wonderful contest, Kia! I've decided against entering, as hubby and I are already vaping and have plenty of supplies! I'll leave it open to someone who needs the supplies or knows of someone who could use them! So, good luck to all who do enter! :)

that is the same reason im not entering. have tons of gear that i have collected over the years and all those that I know that will embrace vaping are already pretty well stocked. rather leave it for a newbie in need, or someone who knows someone that wants to start vaping and just cant do it financially at the moment.

either way best of luck and congrats to whom ever wins as they will surly well set for vaping

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
NAE:

No one will take a stab at this?
I feel really bad about this and I have a lot of people I'd love to save if I could only afford to set them on the right path. I think I am going to bend the rules a little bit and give you all something substantial to read.

Thanks, Kia2, for bringing awareness to this cause!

thebluefox009

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Morley, Missouri
Day 1

Today was a very special day! We were pushing our way through the dense forest when we came upon a very rare sight. There were two tigers chasing pumpkins floating in a nearby lake, it was such a comical sight to see. We have named these tigers Shere Khan for the big male and China Doll for the small female of the couple. We quickly set up our cameras to capture the action of them playing this game of “who can get the pumpkin first”. We were in stitches the whole time seeing the playful nature of these beautiful creatures. The orange and black stripes were picture perfect in contrast to the dark forest and deep water. After watching the two play they seemed to become interested in our equipment, lazing on the beaches they kept us in sight always. We left these gorgeous creatures on their own before heading out. I sit here in camp puffing on my volt x2 with a fitting flavor called tiger’s blood, a blood orange, raspberries and ginger with a hint of menthol. A perfect ending to the day!

This Journal entry is dedicated to my wonderful fiancé who I would dearly love to quit smoking analogs as well to the wonderful cats of big cat rescue.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Day 1
September 4th, 1862

Excerpt from the journal of former British Midshipman Charles Harrington.

We had disembarked from Hong Kong bearing a load of wildcats to be released back into the wild. The boat was called "自由". My Chinese shipmates said this meant "Freedom" in English. I could speak Chinese, but translating its thousands of hanzi characters was a bit of a struggle for me. The ship was a Chinese Junk common to this region and in no way different than any other cargo vessel of the South China Sea in that day.

We had originally put in to Hong Kong to save these animals from being exploited by an evil merchant named Shang Long. He was famous for mistreating them and taking them to all the major cities of China to show how primal and savage these beasts were; how he alone (with his hateful whip) was able to tame them. Everyone who was anyone knew the name Shang Long, and his famous tigers: Shere Khan, and the great tigress Zabu the "Ghost Tiger". Now that he was filthy rich from exploiting these animals he was retiring. He planned to sell them to the highest bidder, knowing full well what would become of them. He obviously wanted to make as much money as possible off of these cats and could have cared less what it meant to them. And so we aimed to change that.

We sneaked in under cloak of night and made off with his caged wagons that contained these beasts. We hied them to the harbor swiftly, and with a great fear in our hearts that we would be caught in our clandestine mission. Our intent was to release them back into the jungle where they could exist as they were meant to, free from the harm of man's ambitions. Loading the wagons into the boat was not as easy as we thought, and one tiger in particular, whose cage I noticed had a plaque on it bearing the name "Bengali", snapped at us most fiercely. I couldn't hold it against him as I could sense the pain in his heart at being captive. We were able to get him aboard unharmed, despite our fear, and luckily raised no alarm in doing so. We made sail immediately.

The rain came quickly as the sun started to sink below the horizon. The hatches that held these cats in the cargo hold were open so I helped batten them down so they wouldn't be harmed, and so we wouldn't take on water. The wind picked up quickly and it was not long before we were caught in the fury of a typhoon. The waves crested many meters high and started to crash over the rails. The scuppers could only do so much to drain all the water back into the sea. I was most afraid that we'd be lost at sea and never heard from again. At once I heard a loud crash that shook me to my core. Had we just hit a reef? The junk started to list to port, unable to weather these awful seas; she was taking on water. The cats roared their truculent and most pitiable roars, and it rattled me. I thought we were all doomed; our mission unfulfilled. The last thing I remember was trying to help right the ship when the mast came crashing down. I felt the cold water envelop me and then everything went black...

(to be continued)

(I would like to dedicate this story to my mother who has breast cancer and who I would very much like to quit smoking with the help of ecigs. I hope this brings awareness to the animals at Big Cat Rescue, please donate to this charity.)

Last edited:

thebluefox009

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Morley, Missouri
Day 2

Wow.. just wow.. we are on our trip through Africa today and we say what we never thought we would. There was a leopard lounging in the tree near our camp. We very quietly captured a few pictures of this rarely caught sight and loved seeing this wonderful creature in it’s normal habitat. We have named him Cheetaro, well because we were eating Cheetos when we saw him. We are a simple group that love simple names. This wonderful animal watched us the whole time and at one point even stuck up on our camp to find out what these curious animals were in his home. We gave him a wide berth and quickly moved on, not wanting to disturb him more than necessary. The great shots we got of him will be cherished always. Once again I am puffing away on my volt X2 with a new flavor called Jungle Juice, a very fruity and bright flavor. I am glad to be here and experience this time

This journal is dedicated once again to my fiancé who I love and wish to stop smoking as well as the Big Cat rescue and all they do for their animals.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
NAE:

lol at thebluefox009's story. Funny funny stuff. I took a more serious historical fiction angle. :)

Also, I wanted to let you all know that, although I have written my entire story, (because my story has a lot of cliffhangers) I will not be posting it all at once. You will have to wait a day for each one and sift through this thread to get the whole story. Hopefully this will help bring more awareness and inspire people to help in this cause.

Last edited:

thebluefox009

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Morley, Missouri
NAE:

I liked yours shoganinja and I would of gone for that but it isn't my style of writing.. anything I always write even if it is for a class has a funny side to it. I plan on posting my third one in a day or so.. then I might do a 4th as a unofficial story arc.. I would love to win this contest but I am really getting into the story line.. hmm.. maybe a blog of vaping stories

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I liked yours shoganinja and I would of gone for that but it isn't my style of writing.. anything I always write even if it is for a class has a funny side to it. I plan on posting my third one in a day or so.. then I might do a 4th as a unofficial story arc.. I would love to win this contest but I am really getting into the story line.. hmm.. maybe a blog of vaping stories

NAE:
Don't forget to put NAE (not an entry) at the top of your post.
It's not my style of writing either. Believe me, I actually spent a great deal of time doing research and I had a lot of fun doing this. I think I may have had more fun though had I taken a comical path like you did. Good job. Respect.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
9-4 Journal Entry 1

I had that dream again last night. I was in the woods, the wind blowing lightly through the trees, rustling the leaves, it was almost musical the way it sounded. The sun dipping low but still just above the horizon, casting shades of firey red across the sea of dried grass. Then suddenly I felt a chill run through me, that eery feeling when you know someone is near. I couldn't see anyone there, but I knew had to get away from that spot.

I started walking faster, the fear welling up from deep inside. Soon I found myself running. I had no idea where or from what, but I ran none the less.

I was growing tired, still didn't know what I was running from. Telling myself this was silly there was nothing there, nothing to fear, but still I kept going.

Just a short distance on there is a outcroping of rock. I stopped there, panting, trying to catch my breath. I see movement out of the corner of my eye, startled but knowing there is no way I can go farther I look over, and there between me and the unknown fear that has driven me is this wondrous big cat.

Even in my current state I recognized this angel. This was the cat of my totem, the cat I knew as my protector, the great tiger. The fear left as quickly as it started. I looked over at the spirit, was he a spirit or was he real. Did it even matter? He was there and I was safe.

I wispered my thanks to him wishing I knew his name, almost as an answer to my unspoken question the breeze change and the soft whisper of Shere Khan floated to my ears.

Slowly I reached one hand out towards him stepping closer, just as I was about to touch the white and gold hair the distant sounds of beeping pulled me from the realms of dreams.

This is for my sissy Debbie, we might not have been born sisters, but we quickly became closer than any sisters alive, and I want to keep her that way.

Last edited:

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
NAE

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, guys! This is very, very enjoyable, and I really do thank you all for writing these for a good cause. I'm glad I'm gonna make Uncle or someone use a random number generator for me, because if I had to select one just from reading, I'd never get the job done!

And yeah, it's ok to use "Journal Entry" instead of "Day." I can accept this as it is still in the realm of the journal "fantasy."

Well done guys! I can hardly wait for the next entries!!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
NAE

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, guys! This is very, very enjoyable, and I really do thank you all for writing these for a good cause. I'm glad I'm gonna make Uncle or someone use a random number generator for me, because if I had to select one just from reading, I'd never get the job done!

And yeah, it's ok to use "Journal Entry" instead of "Day." I can accept this as it is still in the realm of the journal "fantasy."

Well done guys! I can hardly wait for the next entries!!

Good cuz if I got DQ'd for that I was gonna cry :facepalm:.
Ok, I guess I have made you wait long enough. I am going to post part 2 shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread