One week into vaping, and I'm irritable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
What nic level are you using? I get irritable and impatient when my nic level gets too low. Some people also get withdrawal symptoms due to other addictive compounds in cigarettes.

Well, I'm using 16mg cartomizers, and refilling them with 24mg juice. The question of other addictive compounds hadn't really occurred to me, but it kind of makes sense just on an intuitive level, that there might be some kind of mild tranqulizing component to the 4000 or so chemicals in smoke. Thanks.

@WomanOfHeart: Thanks. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

drewdav

Nov 4, 2010
indianapolis
one thing that helped me was to find new ways to make vaping "fun" and like a new toy. that may seem childish, and it probably is, but it helped and still helps me. today is week seven. experiment with different liquids, cartos vs. carts, different models. search around. there are little things you can get to help keep it interesting without having to spend too much cash. i always get excited when i get something new to try in the mail even if it was only a $5 item, cheaper than a pack of smokes. also, being able to vape where i couldn't smoke (i still don't vape in public places that are non-smoking, though) . i don't know what your limitations were before, but my wife HATES cigarette smoke and doesn't mind vaping. so i can now vape while we watch t.v. or a movie. vape at the dinner table. in the guest room at the inlaws. etc. etc. don't know if that helps, but keeping it interesting and "fresh" has helped me...

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
I smoked a couple of cigs a day for the 1st couple of weeks of vaping until I simply didn't want them any more....maybe you went too quickly to vaped nicotine only. The absorption rates are not the same since juice contains no freebase nicotine like comercial cigs....just a suggestion. Also, i smoked Marlboro Reds 'bout 2ppd and it took 36mg juice to make the cravings stop.....FWIW

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
I think the only thing my old cigarette budget will allow this month is new liquids, but maybe that will help. I'm pretty childish myself :) And I've already been vaping in public places where smoking is prohibited. Then again, I there are blue LEDs at the tip of my batteries, so I don't imagine anyone who has noticed would confuse it with smoking. And believe me, I live in a town where no one is shy about telling you not to smoke.

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
@REGGAEGEEK: I hadn't even thought about such technical issues as absorption rate, so thanks. I knew about the freebase nic in cigarettes, but since I've seen it discussed as "vapor", I sort of thought "vaping" might have the same effect. Good insight, and thanks!

Man, you people are so helpful and know so much I'm just really grateful this forum is here.

thefreak48324

Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
Yep for me the irritable-ness came from to low of nicotine...I moved up to 36mg and now everything is fine. Be careful with 36mg. You can over do it. Get your nicotine and put it down for a bit. Nothing really bad from too much nicotine, just feels like your head is blotted...feel slow and mucky. Try exhaling out your nose more....I have found I get better absorption when I exhale through nose and exhale nice and slow.

Once you get your self "trained" for vaping....you will never go back to cigs.

I am 6months free now...This message has helped me do it.

josh

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Your body has to adjust. Are you sleeping OK? Some people need a lower nicotine in the evening to sleep OK, some need more before bed to sleep OK. I found it stressful in the beginning to only have 2 batteries and one charger, especially before bed and having to disassemble the e-cigarette to charge the battery overnight. Now I have enough batteries to charge 2-3 at a time and still have one more so I can leave the PV set up overnight. And I have chargers and emergency PT at home and work.

Another stress reducer for me was I actually carried a pack of smokes and lighter in my other jeans pocket (not the one they used to be in). I did that for the first week. Then when I trusted the PV more, I put the cigs and lighter in a plastic bag and put them in the car trunk, just in case I have a hardware failure. I guess the cigarettes are still there in the trunk. I do have a PCC for my e-cig and I carry that in my pocket.

Your taste buds will probably wake up soon if they haven't already. Perhaps you would enjoy a nice buffet. I got extremely hungry during the first 2 weeks of vaping.

And try some other flavors, other tobacco flavors if you are vaping tobacco ejuices, or just other flavors. Some flavors that are close to tobacco satisfaction for me are chocolate and vanilla and caramel or tobacco ejuices that have some of those in them like RY4 which is a vanilla caramel tobacco. For tobaccos, I found some kinds that satisfy my soul pretty well. Yours will probably depend on what you smoked but I find I like Turkish blends and tobaccos with hints of vanilla or chocolate or caramel (555, RY4 and others)

Last edited:

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
@josh: I'm a bit afraid of using the 36mg, because I'm vaping quite a bit, and have larger capacity cigeasy gold cartos and they are a little hard to judge when they are not filled enough, or over-filled. The latter would be the outcome I'd be a bit concerned about.

And congrats on 6 months without tobacco!

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
@dormouse: How do you charge 2-3 batteries at a time? I mean, what equipment do you need. I have cigeasy 902 manual batteries, with the one usb charger that came with the starter kit, as well as one AC adapter that has one USB port on it.

Wish I could go to the buffet, but weight is an issue for me, so.....

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I usually have two, sometimes three charging at the same time. I rotate about 6 eGos and Rivas (3 kits' worth) every day. Each kit came with a charger, and I use them all. In fact, it is a pretty good idea to have two chargers....what if your charger quit? You'd be up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle.......just saying.

It may sound frivolous, but as you get more into this, you somehow (how did THAT happen??? Ha.) accumulate more stuff. I use three full kits and I never have to worry about having something to vape on or waiting on a batt to be charged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread