Onondaga County (NY) Legislature to consider banning smoking (and e-cigarette use) within 50 feet of county bulding entrances and at parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Onondaga County to consider smoking ban in county parks, zoo, Civic Center entrance | syracuse.com

For example, employees at the Justice Center complained that some co-workers were smoking electronic cigarettes inside the building. E-cigarettes are battery-operated devices designed to look like regular tobacco cigarettes. The device, which contains nicotine, can be inhaled and creates a vapor that resembles smoke.

The new law would add e-cigarettes to the definition of items that cannot be smoked on county property.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
My school district banned smoking (including e-cigs) on school property.
At one of my schools, the teachers have been walking down the hill to a spot off campus to smoke, but the lady who owns the house behind where they were smoking called the school and complained. Now, all teachers have to get special permission to leave grounds in their car and apparently can be punished if found outside (walking) and smoking. How absurd is that?
I'm glad I vape- I can go in the bathroom and stealth vape if I have to...I use some mint flavors at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread