The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Opinions on Cignot Basic e-liquids & Basic with GR8 e-liquid?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by billybc96, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. billybc96

billybc96 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    I've not posted anything on ECF in what seems like years, so it seems a bit weird to be doing so now. I've been vaping for a decade or more now, and so I don't often feel a need to post anything new, or answer newbie questions on the subject.

However, though these days I normally use a Vaporesso Swag mod combined with a Zenith Mini MTL tank, I recently I decided to get a Smok Nord pod system, as a convenient, easy to carry stealth vape device for an upcoming family trip. While doing so, I also decided to get some more of an old vape juice I have not used in years...

That e-liquid is Cignot's Basic Sweet Naked, a juice I used for quite awhile as a replacement for ECOpure Rich, after Intellicig USA stopped selling the ECOpure line entirely in the U.S. (They replaced it with a not as great tasting e-liquid line called ECOvape, though Intellicig UK continued selling ECOpure in Europe.) Cignot still sells their old Basic line of e-liquids, including Sweet Naked (a 100% VG based juice that only uses a bit of Ethyl Maltol for flavoring), so no problem there, and I look forward to tasting this juice again after not having had it for a few years.

While looking up reordering this old, yet still available, e-liquid, I was surprised that there seems to be next to no mention of Cignot and their Basic line of e-liquids anymore, at least not since about 2015. I almost thought they no longer existed, and that their website I was looking at (which does not seem to have changed much in years) was some kind online scam, or just something someone forgot to delete. Cignot's Vicki used to post regularly on the forums here, but that stopped ages ago. Eventually, I found a forum response from someone here confirming that Cignot still exists, but little further information on what happened to Vicki.

Long story short, I placed my order without issue, including ordering some of Cignot's Basic with GR8 by Gold Vyne, a zero nicotine e-liquid line that uses some flowering plant herbal extract which supposedly, "provides benefits similar to nicotine-based e-liquid." The few (and old) reviews on this juice are all very good, but I will see about that myself. I ordered some of the Rocket Science and Tobacco #4 flavored versions of this, to me, new Basic with GR8 e-liquid, along with 0, 3 and 6mg nicotine level versions of my old favorite, Basic Sweet Naked.

I use 3mg level e-liquid these days, mostly from Charlie Noble, but have been interested in going down to using zero nicotine level juice for awhile, so it will be interesting to see how this Basic with GR8 stuff pans out. The nice thing about Basic Sweet Naked is that it is pretty pure stuff for e-liquid (using only 3-4 ingredients), being quite clear, and not being nearly as thick as you would think for a 100% kosher VG based e-liquid, which means it runs well without clogging up coils quickly, plus it has less particulate matter than you typically find in most e-liquids. That was part of the original draw to my trying out Intellicig's ECOpure Rich all those many years ago, along with that old great review from Vapenstein, plus my growing intolerance for juices with too much PG in them.

I have not found any recent reviews about Cignot, other then some for the retail stores they seem to have in a few locations in the U.S. These appear to be pretty good reviews for the retail stores, but I see very little at all regarding their e-liquids. I am curious if any of you have some (more recent than 2015) experiences and opinions regarding Cignot, their Basic e-liquid line, as well this "newer" Basic with GR8 zero nicotine line of theirs? I will provide an updated review as soon as I receive and tryout some of this e-liquid myself. Fingers crossed on that.

It just seems strange to me that no one mentions Cignot anymore, though back in the day its Basic e-liquid line used to one of the main go to high VG juices around. Clearly, Cignot and their products still exist (or so it would seem), so what gives? Is it just that people mostly only want to talk about new products nowadays?

2. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    @billybc96 - I know someone who has been getting her eliquids and some hardware from Cignot for years. She could likely provide you with some info on their eliquids nowadays. However, she's on vacation, without internet access until about the 16th or 17th. Will let her know you'd like some info though.

3. Vicman

Vicman Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Once they closed their shop in Hickory Hills, IL, I stopped buying. Been at least a year, maybe 2 since I've had it. Used to buy Hazel Butt and they had a caramel which was good. Would also try something new and buy a 5 pack or 2 of coils just to buy something to give them some business. Used to like to stop in there just to hang out with the workers who would talk about vape stuff. They have another store not far from me but I have not been out that way in a while so have not stopped in. Might have to just for nostalgia sake.

4. billybc96

billybc96 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    One thing I forgot about these e-liquids is that they are thinner than I am used to these days, even though they are high VG juices. In that new Smok Nord stealth pod of mine, on the regular MTL coils, these juices run very well, but with my higher wicking gear these juices tend to gurgle some. Increasing wattage helps with that, but I don’t like my vape to run too warm, since I tend to chain vape a lot.

I’ll have to add some unflavored, zero nicotine e-liquid to thicken this stuff up, or maybe just try higher ohm resistance MTL coils? For example, I use 0.8 ohm coil heads in my Zenith tanks right now (still MTL), but I can see how some 1.2 or 1.4 ohm coil heads might not wick as openly, which would definitely work better for these juices.

The flavor and vapor impact of Basic Sweet Naked is much as I remember it. Even though I’m generally a tobacco flavor kind of guy, even after 10 years of vaping, Basic Sweet Naked just seems to work for me, and it is a nice and clear juice as well. The GR8 zero nicotine e-liquids are lighter in color than I was expecting, which is a plus. The #4 Tobacco flavor is not to my liking, mainly in just not having enough flavor impact. The Rocket Science flavor is pretty good. The GR8 zero nicotine juices don’t give me any throat hit, as is to be expected, but they do seem to satisfy my brain’s perceived need for nicotine.

The GR8 stuff seems to mix very well with some zero nicotine Basic Sweet Naked I got as well, which is nice as I still prefer Basic Sweet Naked’s overall flavor compared to the GR8 tobacco flavors. They aren’t bad, but they aren’t what I was looking for either. It would be nice if they had this GR8 stuff in a Basic Sweet Naked flavor, or maybe just had an unflavored option?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.