Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
yeah we got 2 cases of friendly fire here so far.... DON'T ACCIDENTALLY CLICK SUPPORT AND IF YOU HAVE GO IN AND FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!

It's kind of weird, there have been over 90 support votes, but only the 10 comments from individuals of which two voted backwards and the 9 organizations that mostly submitted a form letter someone developed. I'm still disappointed with the small fraction of the 45-50m people that this legislation would impact.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's kind of weird, there have been over 90 support votes, but only the 10 comments from individuals of which two voted backwards and the 9 organizations that mostly submitted a form letter someone developed. I'm still disappointed with the small fraction of the 45-50m people that this legislation would impact.

I have 2 possible explanations for this:

1. they don't think this bill will even have a chance in passing anyway in the current congress so they'd rather focus on other things or

2. they aren't expecting very heavy opposition, and they expect it to pass either way because they expect everybody to be for tobacco taxes. if this is the case, let them give it their minimal support. this way if it makes it out of the finance committee we'll take them by surprise and go head on about it at the last minute before they have a chance to react.

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
I think he is just stressing that we need to OPPOSE the bill, not SUPPORT the bill.
:)

Yes, thank you. That is exactly what I meant. Congress needs to know how many people have quit tobacco by using e-cigs, hopefully saving some lives and certainly improving our health. And that these products should not be taxed any more than they would tax a nicotine patch or nicotine gum, for example. To all who have not voted, VOTE TO OPPOSE THIS BILL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread