Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I suppose it's a good thing, but I'm so inundated with choices for a PV that I'm once again near paralyzed with indecision. I stepped up from eGos to an iTaste MVP, and I'm very happy with it. I was so happy, in fact, that I PIF'd my eGo kit to a friend who wanted to quit without thinking about keeping a backup. Fine, no worries, just an excuse to get another device! Woo hoo! New toy! Except....I can't freakin' decide what to get. My budget limits my choice, but not as much as I thought it would. There are so many devices out there now, with so little to differentiate between them beyond basically aesthetics, that I change my mind about 3 times a day on what I want! I'll settle on the Vamo, then whilst looking for a deal, I'll see the SID and change my mind, start looking for a deal on THAT and the SVD will catch my eye. I'll be looking around on ECF for stuff on that and I'll decide I should try a bottom feeder and start looking at the VMOD, then see an iffy review and be back to the SID. Blarg. Size of the device isn't really an issue, as I'll keep using my MVP for out and about, whatever I get will mostly be an at-home device (unless I bring it out to show off). I've got about $100 to play with, so whatever I get I must be able to get the device, batteries and charger in that ballpark. I do want VW, as I don't have that yet, and I'd like to try a different form factor than the MVP, since (aside from my starter eGos) that's pretty much all I've used. I mostly use Protanks, T3s, and EVODs, though I did get a cheapo cartotank to see how I liked it and am planning on exploring that route in the near future. I've been using 1.8 ohm heads thus far, but am going to switch up to at least 2.2 ohm, I think, because I seem to be running through the 1.8's quicker than I'd like. As I said, I'm not too concerned with portability, but I am clumsy, so durability is definitely a factor. I hate to start another "ZOMG what should I buy???" thread, but that's kind of where I'm at! :confused:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Have you seen the newest Italian MPVXCT Superfluxominatizer Genehybridechanical variable proton laser-fired wickless ceramic APV with free driptip and solar charging passthru???

Well, it hasn't been invented yet, but just wait til next week. Preorders and co-ops will pop up just because I mentioned it.

As far as what to get, just get something tried-and-true that fits your wants. There are a lot of options out there and more are popping up every day, it seems. Just because something is the newest or latest revision doesn't mean it's the best.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Have you seen the newest Italian MPVXCT Superfluxominatizer Genehybridechanical variable proton laser-fired wickless ceramic APV with free driptip and solar charging passthru???

My buddy is kind of an engineering whiz, always building weird little devices, and just finished building a pocket-sized solar charger for his phone. We live in hurricane country, so I got him to agree to build me one for my PV in case of outages. Pretty cool, right?

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
$100 at Fasttech will get you 2 Vamos with batts and charger. You will then have your backup.

Yeah, I've debated with myself over that, but between ship time and having been burned by them a couple times, I'm no longer ordering from fasttech. I'm willing to pay slightly more to do business with a US retailer. I'm also torn over the Vamo in general. It's a looks vs. function thing. I'm not ALL about looks, and I haven't ruled out the Vamo, but MAN is it ugly.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto

Well, it hasn't been invented yet, but just wait til next week. Preorders and co-ops will pop up just because I mentioned it.

As far as what to get, just get something tried-and-true that fits your wants. There are a lot of options out there and more are popping up every day, it seems. Just because something is the newest or latest revision doesn't mean it's the best.

I'm going to wait for the second run. I hear version 2 will come in pink...

Digital Man

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Debary, Florida
I suppose it's a good thing, but I'm so inundated with choices for a PV that I'm once again near paralyzed with indecision. I stepped up from eGos to an iTaste MVP, and I'm very happy with it. I was so happy, in fact, that I PIF'd my eGo kit to a friend who wanted to quit without thinking about keeping a backup. Fine, no worries, just an excuse to get another device! Woo hoo! New toy! Except....I can't freakin' decide what to get. My budget limits my choice, but not as much as I thought it would. There are so many devices out there now, with so little to differentiate between them beyond basically aesthetics, that I change my mind about 3 times a day on what I want! I'll settle on the Vamo, then whilst looking for a deal, I'll see the SID and change my mind, start looking for a deal on THAT and the SVD will catch my eye. I'll be looking around on ECF for stuff on that and I'll decide I should try a bottom feeder and start looking at the VMOD, then see an iffy review and be back to the SID. Blarg. Size of the device isn't really an issue, as I'll keep using my MVP for out and about, whatever I get will mostly be an at-home device (unless I bring it out to show off). I've got about $100 to play with, so whatever I get I must be able to get the device, batteries and charger in that ballpark. I do want VW, as I don't have that yet, and I'd like to try a different form factor than the MVP, since (aside from my starter eGos) that's pretty much all I've used. I mostly use Protanks, T3s, and EVODs, though I did get a cheapo cartotank to see how I liked it and am planning on exploring that route in the near future. I've been using 1.8 ohm heads thus far, but am going to switch up to at least 2.2 ohm, I think, because I seem to be running through the 1.8's quicker than I'd like. As I said, I'm not too concerned with portability, but I am clumsy, so durability is definitely a factor. I hate to start another "ZOMG what should I buy???" thread, but that's kind of where I'm at! :confused:
I'm in the same exact boat as you. I upgraded to the MVP, I think I like the form factor of a box mod. I'd probably buy a VV Gripper if it weren't for the cruddy battery door I've been hearing about. Maybe I'll go with the Smoktek smokbox varicool. It's got great reviews.

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I couldn't help but nod my head and laugh at your comment of being "nearly paralyzed with indecision" lol. I completely understand how you feel. I am exactly the same way. I read reviews, narrow my decision down, get sidetracked by another item, get back on track, get ready to order, read more reviews, change the items in my cart and then before I know it I'm back to square one. I empathize with you, I surely do.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I couldn't help but nod my head and laugh at your comment of being "nearly paralyzed with indecision" lol. I completely understand how you feel. I am exactly the same way. I read reviews, narrow my decision down, get sidetracked by another item, get back on track, get ready to order, read more reviews, change the items in my cart and then before I know it I'm back to square one. I empathize with you, I surely do.

+1 on this. Just ordered my next mod. I waffled between Vamo, SVD, Provari and a few others and finally just decided to sit down and see what functions I had to have and what mod fit those choices. If you come up with two choices, choose the one with better reviews.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Okay, finally picked one! In the end, I came down to the SVD, the Vamo, and the SID. Seemed to all have comparable features and good reviews, but the Vamo....I dunno. I just don't like the look of it, even the v2, but most especially the v3. The SVD might have won, but I already have an MVP, and I wanted to check out something from another manufacturer I guess. Plus it's kinda busy, what with the buttons sticking out on either side, the raised screen framing, the telescoping tube. Tropical Vapors had a good sale price for the SID on a thread here, so I went with that. Got the device, 2 Panasonic CGR18650CE 2250 batteries and a Xtar WP2 II Smart Li-ion Charger (batteries and charger good? I'm not really sure, but I think they are), came to like $85 shipped for everything. Not too shabby! Even a little cash left over to get a couple starter cartotanks. I've been eyeing the economy tanks at VVV for a bit, seems like a good deal to start out, and a few people on here rave about 'em.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Okay, finally picked one! In the end, I came down to the SVD, the Vamo, and the SID. Seemed to all have comparable features and good reviews, but the Vamo....I dunno. I just don't like the look of it, even the v2, but most especially the v3. The SVD might have won, but I already have an MVP, and I wanted to check out something from another manufacturer I guess. Plus it's kinda busy, what with the buttons sticking out on either side, the raised screen framing, the telescoping tube. Tropical Vapors had a good sale price for the SID on a thread here, so I went with that. Got the device, 2 Panasonic CGR18650CE 2250 batteries and a Xtar WP2 II Smart Li-ion Charger (batteries and charger good? I'm not really sure, but I think they are), came to like $85 shipped for everything. Not too shabby! Even a little cash left over to get a couple starter cartotanks. I've been eyeing the economy tanks at VVV for a bit, seems like a good deal to start out, and a few people on here rave about 'em.

I have them both...
They are both GREAT mods, and perform equally well.
I think I prefer the SVD BECAUSE of the busy buttons...
I'll admit I'm not crazy about the raised screen, but with the etching on the body you always know which button (or 2 buttons)does what,
No need for a manual (though it has a good one), and no menu. you're always a 1 or 2 button press away from every function. Press and hold both side buttons it gives you the resistance, continue to hold for 10 seconds and it locks the wattage or voltage depending on the mode you've set, press and hold either side button and it tells you the remaining power of the battery, press the fiire and + buttom to go into wattage mode, fire and - switch to voltage mode...

Hell I like the SVD better than my eVic... AND it telescopes to hold several different battery sizes/combos

AND you know it's my honest opinion because we don't even sell the damn things (or the SID for that matter) :laugh:

Oh, and they fixed the software issue, AND the + - button orientation that PBusardo talked about in his pre-production review... Now when you hold it in your left hand looking at the screen to read it, the + button is on top and the - button is on bottom....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread