Orchid: Shocking vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kNOT1

Sep 24, 2014
Hello all,

I'm sure the route of my problems is found in my own stupidity... but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas whats happening with my rba...
I am using an orchid v2 by tobeco and its working great for about a week... much better build quality then the unknown maker (non tobeco) clone I got from a b&m about a month prior IMO. anyways, today I was playing around with a new build I found on the interwebs and when I was done I noticed I was getting an electric shock through the drip tip! Not painful or anything... but certainly unacceptable. Since this giant twisted mess (my attempt at a tidal wave build) ended up being a bit to large for the deck on my orchid, I assumed, it must be just touching the inside of the chimney perhaps. Although I wasn't completely satisfied with this guess I went ahead and switched those coils with the much smaller ones from my plume veil where I knew there would be plenty of room for this new build. It worked great on the plume veil but the orchid is still shocking me even with the tidy and trusted build I was previously using in the plume veil.

>_<

What I have I done to deserve this punishment?

umm... both set ups are dual coils at .5 ohm... and....I'm using a stingray mech if it matters to anyone... and yes, I'm certain my battery is going the right direction. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Please help.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Did you try it on another mod? Ohms read ok? Maybe take out the positive pin and check the insulator? Make sure the coil legs aren't touching anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 make sure your posts are screwed in right... Also are u sure it isn't splatter from the coil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kNOT1

Sep 24, 2014
thanks for the suggestion... cant detect anything out of place at the insulator but perhaps Im missing it. legs on this coils are free and clear... unfortunately this is the only mod I can use for builds under 1.2 ohm... but the stingray doesnt present any of the same issues with other rba/rdas ... I suppose I could try building something over 1.2 to test but I think its the orchid thats the problem ... whick leads me back to the positive block like you suggested ...but I just dont see anything askew :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread