orchid v2 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh vap4life

Dec 14, 2014
this is a build I did about 3 days ago and it seems like the top of the wick always gets extremely black just after a few days is this normal for the orchid or am i wicking incorrectly? also the juice that gets into my drip tip and whatnot is pretty dang dark as well not the best flavor as you can imagine.
IMG_20150108_100727109_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
Ok right on I'm runnin like around .4 on a four9 mech I will try a little bit higher its never like a dry harsh hit though it just tastes off. Oh yeah and did you take a look at the pictures does the wick look correct

It would depend on the juice. The Orchid seems to like a different wick for each juice and it really seems to be the VG/PG ratio that is key.

With 50/50 mixes, I have to leave just a little bit of a tail in the juice channels or it floods like crazy. On the heavier more VG juices, the wick just needs to be over the juice channels.

It is not just the V2 either, I have 3 of the V4's (my favorite RTA) and they are the same way.

And I would not use a juice thinner than 50/50, they flood regardless of the wick on the thin juices...

josh vap4life

Dec 14, 2014
I really hope someone sees this or I'm going to start a new thread. So apparently I suck at life the first pictures are of the build I just did today. It ended up at a 1.2 coil and was taking forever to heat up on my mech mod. _20150108_214807.jpg _20150108_214843.jpg So I threw it on my sigelei 30 watt was vaping about 15 to 20 watts never going over 20. It's the v3 so I went through juice pretty quick. So I pulled it apart to check out what the coil was looking like and the coil had a bunch of black residue on it that's what you're seeing on my finger in the picture I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Sorry to be asking so many questions but I'm at a loss. Never had any problems like best on a RDA.
But I can't drip and drive it's dangerous lol please help thanks
_20150108_214617.jpg

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
It would depend on the juice. The Orchid seems to like a different wick for each juice and it really seems to be the VG/PG ratio that is key.

With 50/50 mixes, I have to leave just a little bit of a tail in the juice channels or it floods like crazy. On the heavier more VG juices, the wick just needs to be over the juice channels.

It is not just the V2 either, I have 3 of the V4's (my favorite RTA) and they are the same way.

And I would not use a juice thinner than 50/50, they flood regardless of the wick on the thin juices...

So this may be the reason I am getting juice leaking out of the air holes. You say that this leaking may be because I don't have the wick on all of the channels?

It's really difficult to make sure that the wick is well spread out since the chimney is one piece unlike the kayfun. I am running a 50/50 juice.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
When you trim your wicks,just leave a longer thin tail and tuck that about 1/3 of the way down the channels.You dont want the tails to be thick,not enough to fill the whole channel.I cutmine thin enough that they just lay in the back of the channel,and never have any issues with leaking like that.I use some 60pg/40vg,50/50,40pg/60vg,and 30pg/70vg never any leaks or dry hits with any of these juices running my wicks that way.

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
When you trim your wicks,just leave a longer thin tail and tuck that about 1/3 of the way down the channels.You dont want the tails to be thick,not enough to fill the whole channel.I cutmine thin enough that they just lay in the back of the channel,and never have any issues with leaking like that.I use some 60pg/40vg,50/50,40pg/60vg,and 30pg/70vg never any leaks or dry hits with any of these juices running my wicks that way.

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I stopped at my local b&m and they said the same thing as you have suggested.

For some reason I figured that it should be wicked like a kayfun. I'll tear mine apart and re-wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread