Ordering From New Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeStew

Oct 15, 2009
A lot of resellers are drop shipping from China. That's why some of the prices have gotten so low. Since the retailer never has to even touch the product they are willing to take minimal profits and will provide you with minimal to no service. You're taking all the risk and to them you're just a click on their website that made them some money.

-Jake

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
I don't order from companies that aren't reviewed here somewhere...My reasoning went like this: It's a new industry, where reputation and trust are the only regulating forces. Scams will pop up like mushrooms after a rain. And it's an industry in which the vast majority of the components are manufactured in China, meaning you'll get dishonest drop-shippers who play on people's assumptions and desires for low price.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hope it ships and arrives eventually just fine.

Poodle

Jan 15, 2010
Florida
I'm totally new to this and did not know other companies selling e-ciggs existed. I placed an order with "Smart Smoker" on Monday: it hit me I never got an e-mail confirmation. I was directed to smartsmoker dot com and they don't sell e-ciggs at all. I tried calling the company and there was a recorded message saying their site in undergoing maintenance...in the mean time, my credit card was charged....Now what?
Poodle

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I feel more confident if a company lists what they sell and what quantity they have in stock. If they just give a list of items, it can be a little scary. Yes, it's disappointing to see that what you have is not available at this moment, but more disappointing to place an order and wait and wait and wait....

That goes for foreign and domestic dealers.

--Prof Daffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread