Organic PG-free Flavor Suppliers List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starspecks

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
Florida
Here's one, Nature's Flavors

They are a little on the expensive side though.

From site

Flavor Concentrates are Water Soluble?

Our Organic Flavor Concentrates are pure Water Soluble Flavors, which means that like our Organic Flavor Extracts they will readily dissolve into water based applications. We do not recommend adding any Flavor Concentrates to an oil base as separation may occur. For Oil Based applications we suggest any oil-soluble Organic Flavor Oil, or Organic Flavor Oil for Chocolate.

So, does that mean it won't work with Vg?

Sent from my Evo

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
Juicy JuicePaks from Juicy Liquid (as opposed to Classic JuicePaks).

Juicy JuicePaks feature our exclusive line of all natural, ultra pure flavors. Available as JuicePaks or "Naked." Juicy JuicePak flavors contain water, ethanol, natural flavoring. No oils, added sugars, artificial colors, no PG.

Juicy JuicePaks : JuicyLiquid.com, DIY E-Liquid and Accessories!

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
With the Nature's Flavors- the only really organic part of the organic flavors is the liquid they use to dilute them- ie the alcohol and glycerin. They also sell the same thing using conventional VG, and alcohol- and it's MUCH cheaper.

IMHO glycerin, and PGA are already so highly refined that there really isn't a big difference between organic and conventional.

Personally I think Nature's Flavors are really hit or miss, and seem weak to me. Peach, Peanut butter and pomegranate were all big misses for me.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
With the Nature's Flavors- the only really organic part of the organic flavors is the liquid they use to dilute them- ie the alcohol and glycerin. They also sell the same thing using conventional VG, and alcohol- and it's MUCH cheaper.

IMHO glycerin, and PGA are already so highly refined that there really isn't a big difference between organic and conventional.

Personally I think Nature's Flavors are really hit or miss, and seem weak to me. Peach, Peanut butter and pomegranate were all big misses for me.

That is the info I was looking for, and it answers some of my questions about these flavors. I do prefer to use organic VG for my DIYs, but I don't know if it is significantly different than non-organic VG...maybe just a psychological thing with me, and if there is long term health issues with inhaling VG, the organic aspect is not going to help me.

I have read that at least some "organic" flavors are concentrated organic fruit juices. I don't know if this means they have biosugars and other biomolecules in them, but they may, and I don't want to vape them. Personally, as far as inhalation is concerned, I am more comfortable with flavor compounds that have a proven safety record than concentrated fruit material that happens to taste good. If I was using these organic flavors for baking or drinks, that would be a different story, but inhalation, and overall atty/carto health, are other stories entirely. Not interested in vaping juice concentrates. Glad this is not the case with NF, but...

To be honest, if Nature's Flavors are simply flavor compounds, where the "organic" designation is moot for the flavor compounds themselves, and the only "organic" part is the carrier (VG, PGA, etc), then I would say these are fine for vaping, and certainly with less unknowns than fruit juice conentrates. But I don't think people know this, and they think the flavors themselves are from natural sources, not simple chemicals. So I feel this is misleading, and especially for us vapers, who are IMHO much better off vaping simple compounds over bio-concentrates, but think its better to vape "natural" substances than chemicals. So its doubly misleading with respect to Nature's Flavors, as it looks like they are selling essentially the same thing as other flavor vendors, save for the VG/PGA (and that difference is likely negligible), but creating the illusion that they are actually selling the more inhalation-risky "natural" flavors, which people mistakenly think would be more desirable for vaping...and charge much more to boot!

And the flavors, while evidently ok to vape, are in general very weak (you are not the first to say this, SuziesMom), and more expensive, so they would be much more pricey in addition.

I tend to think of this as a scam, but that might be too harsh. Some of the flavors might actually taste great, and be worth the money for that alone. But I think the "organic" and "natural" selling points are misleading at best.

I know that Vaperite uses these flavors to make their juices, and their juices are in general very good. The best juice from them, I think, is their Kona Cream, where the coffee flavoring is from a coffee extract that they make themselves, not from NF. I have less problem with vaping a coffee extract over a fruit extract, as there are far less sugars and large biomolecules in coffee extract. There are oils, but a not lot of polysaccarides, starches, proteins, etc. So when I get some time I want to learn how to make my own coffee extract...could be coffee in a hot VG-water solution will do it, along with filtering.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Straight from NF's website

Organic Flavor Concentrates

PREMIUM CONCENTRATES

Nature's Flavors' Organic Flavor Concentrates are made from the finest ingredients available. Our flavorist shops the world over for the purest and most unique raw materials to bring you new and innovative flavors. These flavors will tantalize your taste buds!

What is an Organic Flavor Concentrate?
Nature’s Flavors Organic Flavor Concentrates are extremely concentrated water soluble liquids that contains no alcohol. They are set in an Organic Gum Acacia Base and very heat stable. Every Flavor concentrate in this category is Certified Organic, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free, and contains No Allergens! Natures Flavors Flavor Concentrates are made to withstand high temperatures for a long duration. They're perfect in most baking applications, or with products that are pasteurized, because they are heat stable up to 400 degrees F!

Natures Flavors Organic Flavor Concentrates are great in any water-based hot, cold, food, or drink, application. As some flavors are lost at high temperatures please adjust the usage upward slightly. Concentrates are great in cold applications such as ice creams, frozen yogurts, cold beverages, and other frozen products, as it freezes readily due to the fact that it is alcohol free.

Why use a concentrate instead of an extract?
Natures Flavors Organic Flavor Concentrates contain no alcohol, and are more heat stable than a Flavor Extracts. This makes them better suited for high heat applications. Organic Flavor Concentrates usually appear as a cloudy/opaque colored liquid. If your application calls for a clear flavoring, we recommend an Organic Flavor Extract. Nature’s Flavors Organic Flavor Concentrates are very potent, and of similar strength to our Organic Flavor Extracts and our Organic Flavor Oils.

Usage for these flavors should start under 0.5% and work up to 4% maximum. You will need to experiment to achieve the perfect strength for flavoring your recipe, but once you finish you will be happy with your results!

Flavor Concentrates are Water Soluble?
Our Organic Flavor Concentrates are pure Water Soluble Flavors, which means that like our Organic Flavor Extracts they will readily dissolve into water based applications. We do not recommend adding any Flavor Concentrates to an oil base as separation may occur. For Oil Based applications we suggest any oil-soluble Organic Flavor Oil, or Organic Flavor Oil for Chocolate.

Storage
Depending on your storage conditions we recommend you refrigerate after opening.

Let's See What We Have Here

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
I do prefer to use organic VG for my DIYs, but I don't know if it is significantly different than non-organic VG...maybe just a psychological thing with me, and if there is long term health issues with inhaling VG, the organic aspect is not going to help me.
Could you tell me what is the difference between organic and non-organic VG?

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Could you tell me what is the difference between organic and non-organic VG?

I would assume it is VG made from vegetable oils from organically grown non-GMO palm. To make glycerin you need either vegetable oil or animal fat, or it is synthetic. There are processes that use high-T, high-P water to do the oil hydrolysis to glycerin + fatty acids, which are then separated. These are preferred over harsh chemical methods to do the same thing.

I have used CVS brand glycerin (labeled as only glycerin), Heritage brand VG, and NOW brand VG. The last two are organic and labeled as VG, and I find they both simply taste better than the CVS, which has a chemical plastic taste. Probably just fine to vape, but my taste buds like the organic stuff and I'm willing to pay a bit more for it...although you don't have to as there are sales all the time for NOW brand.

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
That has been my experience and understanding also, Kurt.

So has anyone tried the Nature's Flavors concentrate and tea flavors, so as to compare the two for e-juice applications?
The base seems to be the only difference. The concentrates use gum acacia and the tea flavors use VG and alcohol. I wonder how the differences would change our recipes?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I would recommend that if you are going to use Nf, go with their Coffee and Tea Flavoring System flavors. I use a couple of flavors that I have been buying from them since last October.

As far as disclosure, I'm not sure what type of disclosure you are looking for. Be aware (if it concerns you or anyone else) that their flavors are not diacetyl or diketone free. I emailed them when I placed my first order and was told that their Caramel Cream (my main flavor from them) does contain trace amounts of diacetyl.

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
I would assume it is VG made from vegetable oils from organically grown non-GMO palm.
Jeez... after plenty of years of smoking those bloody cigarettes thinkong of GMO or non-GMO palms being the source of glycerin sounds a bit paranoid to me. Sorry.
Glycerin is just glycerin. No more, no less. Don't exaggerate, people... This is just chemistry, not shamanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread