Origen V2 Quad Coil - how would you approach this build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
Now that I have a spare Origen deck, I'm looking at quads - twin verticals close together centered over each negative screw, so that the twin air holes will each flow into the gap between two verticals. The positive post hole takes two strands of 26 gauge, so that's about the lowest gauge I can use unless I omit the post holes, or drill them out. I managed to get 4 coils installed in my first attempt, but it wasn't pretty, and there were two extra 26g strands that had to be wrapped around the positive, rather than through - it became an ugly mess when I started pushing and pulling everything into place. I built each pair of coils together, coil-loop-coil kinda thing, so securing the negatives wasn't a problem, it's really just getting the positives in nice and tidy, and hopefully with the ability to pull on them to take any slack out of the coil/legs.

Anybody have experience with a build like this, or any observations on how they'd approach it? Reference pic for those that aren't familiar with the Origen:

the-origin-RDA-blog-drip-well.jpg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I have an authentic Norbert and only do singles and duals. I vape Bobas exclusively in mine usually on a single. The single macro coil gives off massive vapor. Duals double this. Quads would be overkill but if you want to do it make it happen. I would just do side by sides, on each side making sure the coil itself does not touch the other coil. The leads can touch of course, just not the coils or you will short. My post hole could easily hold 4 strands of 26. I usually just torque the post nurl down on the wire without wrapping the wire around the post...it's not really necessary. You will need good syringe mandrels to hold the side by sides in place as you tighten down your negs first then your pos. Your 2nd coil will need a little longer leads as well so getting the firing right will be a challenge. Your ohms will be higher of course with all that coil. I would try 6/5 wraps, 2mmID to start and see how that works. Post pics of your build and let us know. Furthur, you could do the coils in each corner, a coil on either side of your Neg posts. That would be a tougher build as your pos post hole is where it is.

Last edited:

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
Regarding my original post, I'm still working on the twin doubles - more to follow once I drill out the center post.

bky16 - feel free to PM me if you want some help. Here's my current setup:

RuVebak.jpg

Rayon, twisted 28g, 4/5 wraps - around 0.4ohm. I position the coils as close to their respective negative screw as I can, so that the rayon goes straight down through the coil, into the deck opening next to the negative screw. Rayon is snug going through the coil, not loose or tight, and barely touching the floor of the deck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread