Original P18 Warranty Service still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Hi david. my original stainless P18 is having a problem at the atomizer connection. I normally use Phoenix rba drippers and have several that I rotate. Ones that would previously work in the P18 just fine (one knock off didn't make contact), now require me to use a 510/ego connector just to make contact.

I'm wondering if my center pin is worn down? If I look at the underside of the top cap the brass contact looks like it protrudes more than normal. Could it be slipping down on the backside?

I don't mind using 510/510 adapters, but now my Precise is shorting out with them. I've tried several different ones. I use your AW 3.0 batteries in it stacked so when it shorts and gets blazing hot, i have to quickly unscrew everything and set it aside. I've been afraid to use it. The same adapters work fine in other devices, so i makes me think the P18 needs some servicing.

I have 3 new 510/ego adapters on order that i should get in about a week. I'll see if this solves the problem. QC on these adapters is deplorable these days, so i don't want to send it in if i don't have to.

let me know and i'll send it in if the new adapters don't help. Is it still the $5. return shipping charge?

also, I know you have replacement top caps for the Precises which i could do, but your website doesn't give any description really about the contact. ie: is it still brass? is it high enough to make contact with most atomizers or does it still need an adapter?

thank you david. I'll subscribe to this thread to see what you think. i don't surf ECF very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread