• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Orion V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
Try here for tips.

Really is a cracking mod, quite possibly the best mod available in the world.

Especially after Pailpoe(The guy who designed and made the electronic switches.) release his VV,VW units. See here and page four onwards for the Orion specific board news.
He receives the PCB's any day. :)

Thanks man . Very helpfull. What type of mesh do you use? I have 400 on the way but afraid it wont wick that well with 70/30 pgvg that i have

Jason-Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Coquitlam BC
I have one, as well as a Katana, Line V2 and Hellfire. Can you tell I like genesis mods? All are good if you like to tinker and if you have patience.

Look at UKvapers for tons of info on how to set them up and tinker, there is a specific one just for the Orion that is a must.

Do you ever get burn taste when you chain vape?. Also can you tell me the specs on how big to cut the mesh for optimal wicking? Thanks

Farees

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Edmonton
I did when I first started, after some playing around I discovered it was a problem with wicking. To prove this i tried swirling the mod to allow good coating of the SS and even holding it at a high angle to produce a larger juice flow, which removed the burnt taste. I now make sure my tank is more than 1/3 full which in my case fixed the issue. I also add some PV to some of my thicker juices, but have read that using 325 SS will fix the issue or adding the fiberglass wick to the middle of the SS straw has also worked.

I have read 40mm x 40mm is what the maker uses, but most use 30mm x 40mm. Again it is a tinkering project where you will soon find what you like. Some people also cut the bottom on an angle to get more surface area in the liquid.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread