Other uses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I've seen all the cool objects we use in our vaping and how we utilize the objects around us.... But how about the opposite?

What vaping things have you used in OTHER ways..?

For instance: I use the drops in my homemade ice cream and lately I've been putting capellas coconut drops in my coffee every morniing.

I also just read this cool tidbit on loranns site:
Turns out we love the scent of vanilla, but mosquitoes and gnats don't! LorAnn has customers all over the country who purchase our Vanilla fragrance for use as a repellent for small flying insects. Just dab a little on your neck, arms & legs and say good bye to flying pests!

What are your cool tips and tricks?

Sent from the beach

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I've seen all the cool objects we use in our vaping and how we utilize the objects around us.... But how about the opposite?

For instance: I use the drops in my homemade ice cream and lately I've been putting capellas coconut drops in my coffee every morniing.

Turns out we love the scent of vanilla, but mosquitoes and gnats don't! LorAnn has customers all over the country who purchase our Vanilla fragrance for use as a repellent for small flying insects. Just dab a little on your neck, arms & legs and say good bye to flying pests!

Sent from the beach

Oh yes I use alot of flavorings in baking and snoball syrups (NOT snowcones;snoBALLS ie New Orleans style!!) But you sure gave me a laugh L'bug !!! Is anyone else here old enough to remember Granny from the Beverly Hillbillys and her "sure fire man catchin' " trick of dabbing a little vanilla extract behind her ears and Jed's WHHHEEELLLLL Doggys!! response"You sure do mean buisness Granny" anytime she brought up using the extract?! ROTFL!!! You took me back L'bug Thank you! I'll be giggling all day!

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Glad to help ya ma'am!!

That was one of my favorite shows. I remember jethros 'woooweeeee doggy' but not grannys perfume. Too funny.

Thanks for the snowball tip! Never thought of that one. Care to share the basic recipe? What do you dilute it with? The kids would LOOOOVE that! Like going to the 'Sugar Shack' - with all the choices of flavors!

Sent from the beach

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Oh yes I use alot of flavorings in baking and snoball syrups (NOT snowcones;snoBALLS ie New Orleans style!!) But you sure gave me a laugh L'bug !!! Is anyone else here old enough to remember Granny from the Beverly Hillbillys and her "sure fire man catchin' " trick of dabbing a little vanilla extract behind her ears and Jed's WHHHEEELLLLL Doggys!! response"You sure do mean buisness Granny" anytime she brought up using the extract?! ROTFL!!! You took me back L'bug Thank you! I'll be giggling all day!

They do say that vanilla is an aphrodesiac.... ;)

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Glad to help ya ma'am!!

That was one of my favorite shows. I remember jethros 'woooweeeee doggy' but not grannys perfume. Too funny.

Thanks for the snowball tip! Never thought of that one. Care to share the basic recipe? What do you dilute it with? The kids would LOOOOVE that! Like going to the 'Sugar Shack' - with all the choices of flavors!

Sent from the beach

SNO_BALL SYRUP 4 cups of sugar OR Splenda type diabetic sweetner.2 cups water mix well and boil about 4 - 5 minutes. Cool then add 3 Tablespoons flavoring to EACH cup of syrup OR you can add 1 packet if unsweetened Koolaid mix.The ice dilutes and I like alot of flavor so you may want to "tweak" your amounts a little. I got just around 3 cups of syrup so I made 3 different flavors. Run a search on Snoball syrup recipes and you will find some other methods and there is some additive (citric acid?) that can be added for tartness. Good Luck! I'm just thrilled the Splenda version turned out every bit as good as the one with sugar!

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
Okey dokey, I'm just gonna admit what I use my driptipped eGo with menthol juice as a breath freshener!!!

If I overfill with 1 or 2 extra drops and touch the tip to my mouth, BAM, a teeny bit of fresh menthol stays on tongue or lips.

Now don't try this at home, you newbies! :) It took me many accidental nasty mouthfulls (or is that mouthsfull?) of tear rendering, nose running, throat burning, juice tastings to learn this delivery technique.

Just sayin', Lea............. works for me. :facepalm:

I use VG for my cakes- to make gumpaste and fondant
PG for when my goats or cattle get ketosis
syringes for administring iron shots and pennicillian shots to the animals
the holder for all my carto's and atties will hold .380 shells perfectly
the surge protector used to be for my printer and cell phone,
hurcules hooks were for hanging things on the walls,not removing plastic washers or mouthpeices.
the box I rest my PV (s) in used to hold .270 shells
toothpics used to be for holding bacon around jalapinos
the small jelly jar used to hold homemade jelly, now it holds used/dirty fluxo's and atties.

my side table USED to be for the remote and my drink- now it holds ejuice and batteries and chargers and various other sundries.

Now I understand why Ron loves vanilla perfume being from the hills of WVA and I believe his mom could be kin to granny

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
I use VG for my cakes- to make gumpaste and fondant
PG for when my goats or cattle get ketosis
syringes for administring iron shots and pennicillian shots to the animals
the holder for all my carto's and atties will hold .380 shells perfectly
the surge protector used to be for my printer and cell phone,
hurcules hooks were for hanging things on the walls,not removing plastic washers or mouthpeices.
the box I rest my PV (s) in used to hold .270 shells
toothpics used to be for holding bacon around jalapinos
the small jelly jar used to hold homemade jelly, now it holds used/dirty fluxo's and atties.

my side table USED to be for the remote and my drink- now it holds ejuice and batteries and chargers and various other sundries.

mmmmm bacon!

Sent from the beach

Ron said that tips a win, win for me ...keep bugs away and he loves Grannys perfume:)

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
snoBALLS?
:confused: :unsure: you eat snow that was on the ground? :unsure: :confused:
As long as it's not YELLOW ! LOL!!! Seriously though snowcone ice is kind of chunky But snoball is shaved ice much softer than snocones. Lived out on a farm as a kid ;lots of pure white clean snow .My sis and I would each scoop up a bowl take it inside where our Mom would mix in sugar ,milk and a little vanilla. We liked it almost as much as the real thing! Years later when we moved to New Orleans my kids and I discovered.their snoballs. Kind of a regional thing ;some places put evaporated or condensed milk,soft-serve icecream and /or whipped treat.Oh I did forget some folks may know the sno-ball as Hawaian Ice. Cooling and yummy no matter how you get them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread