Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
"Every reasonable person and business supports restricting the sale of nicotine containing products to minors."

Actually, rereading this assertion, and while knowing what is implied, if taken literally it is saying (only) minors ought to be using nicotine containing products, no?

What you quoted... yes, that's exactly the meaning. :thumb: And while I support adolescents having legal access to e-cigs, I'm not giving up my RIGHT to vape to them, anymore than I am to the ANTZ and greedy idiots in the gov't.

Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Unfortunately, CASAA, nor any other vaping organization, has membership numbers, money, and political clout like the NRA uses to pull off ssome of their hard line stances.

Well, that's why, imo anyway, it's nice to have ATR on our side of this issue - they're rather effective - which is some of the reason for the hate by certain factions (those who want more taxes). I have no idea whether the ATR would fund any lawsuit, but they have in the past - esp. if taxes are concerned, which at this point, we're not certain (well, it isn't in writing, - at the Fed level - that I know of) about that aspect - just the 'tax' on vendors to comply with applications, etc.

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
ETA: cigarettes may be illegal for minors to purchase, but they are much more readily available. You don't have to go into a specialty shop to purchase them. Also, many of the local level laws make POSSESSION of e-cigs illegal for minors, whereas only the SALE to minors is illegal for cigarettes.

Yeah, it's a lot less noticeable to steal a pack of smokes or a few smokes from your folks here and there than their e-cig. Unless you're me, I might not notice for a while on the e-cig, depending on which one was nabbed. :)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yeah, it's a lot less noticeable to steal a pack of smokes or a few smokes from your folks here and there than their e-cig. Unless you're me, I might not notice for a while on the e-cig, depending on which one was nabbed. :)
Yeah, I've yet to be approached by a teen on the street asking to bum a few ml's of e-liquid. I still get asked for smokes or a light.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yeah, I've yet to be approached by a teen on the street asking to bum a few ml's of e-liquid. I still get asked for smokes or a light.

I've been asked a few times to "bum a smoke"... it thrills and overjoys me to turn around and say "does this look like a cigarette to you?" ;) :lol:

Andria

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY

Give it time, give it time. Well, unless the FDA etc. Then it'll be, "SPSSS hey buddy, wanna buy a mil of eliq? I've got the good stuff."

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
By "closed systems" I'm assuming you mean one piece disposables, correct? Small children could put cartridges in their mouths, and not only risk poisoning but choking, too.
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the Vuse which is a completely proprietary system...
VUSE – Digital Vapor Cigarettes

If you read all the FAQs you will see how they have all the FDA bases covered.

Notice how they don't come in flavors other than tobacco and menthol.
And they come only in one nicotine strength.

The FDA says they want a measurable and consistent delivery of nicotine dose.
And Big Tobacco is lining up to provide exactly that.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the Vuse which is a completely proprietary system...

I'm just so glad I invested the time and money to learn DIY... I can get my own "measurable and consistent" nic dose, and it tastes like strawberries! :lol: (or anything else I care to taste!)

Andria

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

They actually came out with four flavors a couple of months ago !

A Perfect Puff. First Time. Every Time. | VUSE | Digital Vapor Cigarettes

Not quite sure why they did, and why now !? Don't want to read too much into it, but perhaps a reason to be a just a little less pessimistic about the deemings, at least as far as flavors are concerned ?

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I am on NJoy's mailing list. They just came out with prefilled disposable tanks. Use it once and throw it away. Umm, no, not interested...
Not interested personally, but it wasn't made with you and i in mind. Better option than cig-a-likes for smokers who have no interest in vaping as a hobby and will only try vaping if it's plug'n'play. The hundreds of thousands if not millions who tried cig-a-likes and went back to smoking.

FWIW it's a regulated 3.7 volt battery with a 1.3 ohm coil ( so 10.5 watts approx ) with organic cotton and 15 mg/ml and 3 ml of e-liquid. Vastly superior option to cig-a-likes.

NJOY Convenience Vaping

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Not interested personally, but it wasn't made with you and i in mind. Better option than cig-a-likes for smokers who have no interest in vaping as a hobby and will only try vaping if it's plug'n'play. FWIW it's a regulated 3.7 volt battery with a 1.3 ohm coil ( so 10.5 watts approx ) with organic cotton and 15 mg/ml and 3 ml of e-liquid. Vastly superior option to cig-a-likes.

NJOY Convenience Vaping

I agree, I think it's a brilliant idea -- newbies can get more of an idea of what REAL vaping is like, which gives them all the more reason to pressure the gov't to NOT limit vaping only to the prefilled non-refillable total crap.

Andria

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

A Perfect Puff. First Time. Every Time. | VUSE | Digital Vapor Cigarettes

Not quite sure why they did, and why now !? Don't want to read too much into it, but perhaps a reason to be a just a little less pessimistic about the deemings, at least as far as flavors are concerned ?

Perhaps because the sales of cigalikes are plummeting everywhere and for every brand? Just one example.

z._lo_normal.png

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
As has been discussed - part of that was the all out attack by UCSF, et al. during that period of time, and the other part is - they're cigalikes! :laugh:

Right.

But there is no doubt and the statistics confirm that 2nd and 3rd gen devices are selling much better than cigalikes. :D

Reactions: LaraC

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thanks for posting that, it's quite interesting.

And here are some of the FAQ answers in case anyone didn't want to bother clicking...
Why is it called a Digital Vapor Cigarette?
VUSE is the most advanced e-cigarette and the first e-cigarette designed with Smart Technology. The VUSE Digital VaporCigarette contains a VaporDelivery Processor that uses algorithms in the same way a computer does, therefore it is "digital." The VaporDelivery Processor in the PowerUnit, working with the SmartMemory™ microchip in the Cartridge, monitors and adjusts the power and heat delivered to the Cartridge up to 2,000 times a second, ensuring consistently satisfying puffs.
Are VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes considered tobacco products?
Yes. Because VUSE products contain tobacco-derived nicotine, they meet the definition of tobacco products under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. The Food and Drug Administration has stated its intent to regulate these types of products as tobacco products.
Are VUSE products for quitting smoking?
No. The VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarette is not a smoking cessation product. It is a tobacco product, and no tobacco product is safe or without risk. The best course of action for tobacco consumers concerned about their health is to quit.VUSE presents an alternative for adult smokers who may be interested in switching to a smoke- free tobacco product. TheVUSE Digital Vapor Cigarette offers many advantages over a traditional cigarette that adult tobacco consumers may find attractive--there's no ash and no burning odor. For adult tobacco consumers who have made the informed decision to continue using tobacco products and are looking for an alternative to traditional cigarettes, VUSE is another option to consider.
Can I use non-VUSE Cartridges with the VUSE PowerUnit?
No. VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes include proprietary encryption technology that does not permit any non-VUSEcartridges to be used with VUSE PowerUnits. This ensures our adult tobacco consumers enjoy high quality and superior vapor experience - without risk of counterfeit or substandard cartridges. VUSE Cartridges are only compatible with VUSEproducts.
Can I use VUSE Cartridges with non-VUSE power units?
No. VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes include proprietary encryption technology that does not permit any other e-cigarette to be used with VUSE Cartridges.
Are VUSE Cartridges tamper-resistant?
Yes. VUSE Cartridges are designed to prevent modification by consumers.
Why can't I purchase VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes or Cartridges online like other e-cigarette manufacturers?
R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company does not offer VUSE DigitalVapor Cigarettes for sale online. Reynolds American and its operating companies are committed to youth tobacco prevention, and we believe face-to-face sales allow greater security against youth access to tobacco products, as clerks can check IDs. Furthermore, adult tobacco consumers are accustomed to purchasing tobacco products at traditional retail stores. Therefore, we are focusing distribution of our products through traditional retail outlets to minimize potential out-of-stock situations.
Why doesn't VUSE provide refillable Cartridges?
VUSE pioneered digital vapor cigarette technology to ensure consumers get a perfect puff - each time, every time. VUSECartridges were designed with a closed Cartridge system that prevents the consumer from using the cartridges with third party electronic cigarette devices. VUSE intentionally does not offer refillable replacement Cartridges to help ensure that our products cannot be modified and in turn, offer only a superior vaping experience.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thanks for posting that, it's quite interesting.

And here are some of the FAQ answers in case anyone didn't want to bother clicking...

What will be really amusing is if the regs turn out to be not nearly as draconian as we fear they may be... and Reynolds will be sitting there with the Edsel of e-cigs. :D

Andria

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Not interested personally, but it wasn't made with you and i in mind. Better option than cig-a-likes for smokers who have no interest in vaping as a hobby and will only try vaping if it's plug'n'play. The hundreds of thousands if not millions who tried cig-a-likes and went back to smoking.

FWIW it's a regulated 3.7 volt battery with a 1.3 ohm coil ( so 10.5 watts approx ) with organic cotton and 15 mg/ml and 3 ml of e-liquid. Vastly superior option to cig-a-likes.

NJOY Convenience Vaping

I wonder if they know something we don't...

Oy....

Could be one or the other, or both. There is definitely a market for plug and play stuff. I'd be worried if they discontinued their liquid lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread