OvaleEego-C Charging Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
After spending thirty years smoking and trying and failing countless times, I finally managed to quit smoking with my new Ovale Ego-C.

But, now I'm back on the cigarettes because after two glorious days of not poisoning myself my charger doesn't charge!

It worked the first time when I charged both of the batteries, but since then, whenever I screw in by battery to the charger the light is always green and not red as it should be.

I've tried turning the battery on (5 clicks) and turning it off - I've tired connecting the battery before plugging it in the mains and the other way round and every time the light is green.

I've contacted the distributor in Ovale Thailand and he has promised to send me a replacement in the post today... but in the meantime I'm back on the cigarettes.

Has anyone else had this problem or anything like it from a similar manufacturer?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Try lightly lifting the center pin on the Battery.
If you are tightening your e-liquid device down to securely you may be forcing the center pin down. this causes issues in making contact with the charging pin.
Turn battery OFF
lightly work around center pin with a tiny screwdriver or paper clip
Wipe contacts with alcohol and Q-tip/tissue
Plug Charger in and verify green light
Screw battery in until snug
Battery light should flash as few times - AFTER a few seconds - and start charging.

Rare for a joyetech/Ovale charger to be bad, but it can happen.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread