Over MBV Stock Issues, Where should I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
When I began vaping I tried roughly 20 vendors. I found the shipping, CS, and flavors at MBV to be great. Lightning hit that sweet spot to get me off analogs and has been my ADV. After six weeks of stock issues without offering a deep discount or anything, I'm moving on ... but to where?!

The only places I refuse to give my money to are AIV (overpriced juice I don't find tasty and ridiculously bad business model) and BWB (I loved their peach but the constant closures for personal crap turned me off.)

I like menthols, peach, and would really like to give some good tobaccos another go round. Suggestions?

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
My favorite tobaccos are El Kamino from Good life Vapors and Triple 5/Triple 5+ from Virginia Custom Blends. Ray at Virginia Custom Blends is extremely helpful and replies to emails as well if you are looking for suggestions. He also has two peach flavors, and all of his juices that I have had are pretty good.

Thanks Tide. I'll check them out.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Heather Heavenly vapes. They have a purity line of natural extracts, and they're prices are low ($13.99 for 30ml), lots on their menu and most have menthol add options. The have a new peach Green Tea flavor, plus Just Peachy (and a peach tobacco).

HHV also has some super Naturally extracted tobaccos in any ratio you like, and most are sweet and flavorful.

For straight menthols, try HALO (pricey), or Goodejuice's line of Lab Made juices (less pricey).

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Heather Heavenly vapes. They have a purity line of natural extracts, and they're prices are low ($13.99 for 30ml), lots on their menu and most have menthol add options. The have a new peach Green Tea flavor, plus Just Peachy (and a peach tobacco).

HHV also has some super Naturally extracted tobaccos in any ratio you like, and most are sweet and flavorful.

For straight menthols, try HALO (pricey), or Goodejuice's line of Lab Made juices (less pricey).

Both HHV and Halo have been on my list to try forever. It's funny, I have a window open with some items in my cart at HHV as I type. The peach tobacco and just peachy are already in there, but I'm going to throw in the peach green tea as well now. Which of their extracted tobaccos would you recommend?

I've heard enough good things about Halo to give them a whirl despite their being pricier. Guess I'll find out if they're worth it! Totally willing to throw out a few extra bucks for a menthol that "does it" for me.

I'd never heard of Goodejuice, I'll check them out. Thanks!

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Both HHV and Halo have been on my list to try forever. It's funny, I have a window open with some items in my cart at HHV as I type. The peach tobacco and just peachy are already in there, but I'm going to throw in the peach green tea as well now. Which of their extracted tobaccos would you recommend?

I've heard enough good things about Halo to give them a whirl despite their being pricier. Guess I'll find out if they're worth it! Totally willing to throw out a few extra bucks for a menthol that "does it" for me.

I'd never heard of Goodejuice, I'll check them out. Thanks!

For fruity ones: Legend (dark cherry/raisin/plum), for yummy: Heavenly ARMY, SHADOW, Oompa, for coffee/tea: Serendipity, for bolder tobacco with some sweetness: Huntsman. For dessert: Blueberry Muffin --oh, is that delicious when dripped!

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I had enough myself..... so much that I jumped into DIY a couple weeks ago. The best thing I ever did. I read the DIY forums for a few hours and ordered my stuff and have made myself 5 good vapes so far. I try mixing a new one every couple of days. There are many recepies to go by on the DYI forums. Just food for thought from a disgruntled ex MBV dude here....

PS there is a juice calculator you can download and the one I got came with about 200 recipies...

Last edited:

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Thanks, Jefsview! I'm going to try most of those. Glad I checked back before placing my order!

Rackajho - Which of their menthols (with and without tobacco) would you recommend. I think I'll definitely give their Peaches and Cream a try. I'm always up for another great peachy vape!

Thunderball - It's funny that you say that. I've been lurking in the DIY forum for months. I have both a spreadsheet and a software calculator from there on my computer, ready to be used. I even have a cart at RTS just waiting to proceed to checkout. My concern is that I tend to get obsessive about new hobbies. At this juncture with work, sinking a bunch of time into a new DIY hobby would be trouble. Still, it's definitely not out of the picture.

440BB - I've heard a few times now their stuff is good. I'll check it out. Gratzie.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Thanks, Jefsview! I'm going to try most of those. Glad I checked back before placing my order!

Rackajho - Which of their menthols (with and without tobacco) would you recommend. I think I'll definitely give their Peaches and Cream a try. I'm always up for another great peachy vape!

Thunderball - It's funny that you say that. I've been lurking in the DIY forum for months. I have both a spreadsheet and a software calculator from there on my computer, ready to be used. I even have a cart at RTS just waiting to proceed to checkout. My concern is that I tend to get obsessive about new hobbies. At this juncture with work, sinking a bunch of time into a new DIY hobby would be trouble. Still, it's definitely not out of the picture.

440BB - I've heard a few times now their stuff is good. I'll check it out. Gratzie.

When you get ready let me know.... Its certainly easier than I thought. :smokie:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

I've only tried two - pretty sure they have over a half dozen menthol blends. The Port Menthol has this great tobacco flavor in the background. (Think Newport...) Makes for a nice, complex change from "straight" menthols. Some people report the 555 Menthol as more complex than I found it. To me it was just a straight-shot menthol flavor.

You can always shoot TVR an e-mail from their web site and ask. They have their own vendor fourm on ECF as well, can up a question up there too for input on their menthols. => The Vapor Room

Avoid the urge to add flavor shots on your first order. The flavor intensity level here is a lot higher than MBV or AIV to begin with.

Since it sounds like you are going into $$$ overload: At TVR get the five 6 ml sample pack for $20.00 Cost per ml is lower than the ten 3 ml sample pack. You get to pick any flavors you want - these aren't pre-selected sample flavors.

New customers get a free 15 ml bottle - your choice on that one too. Info for your choice goes in the comments box at checkout.

Every order gets a free 3ml sample. You can request flavors even for that, but you don't always get your choice. You always get something though. Request info goes in the comments box in checkout.

Use code THANKYOU to get 10% off your order.

Shipping is $4.00

That gets you 48 ml's, covering 8 different flavors, for $22.00 - including shipping.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Another vote for Good Life Vapors! Fast shipping, no muss no fuss, and wait till you vape those flavors ..I have yet to find one that has a chemical or perfume taste..not something I could say about MBV.

I like a few others as well, but the majority of that list has some complication or other to ordering. One of my very favorites is from Nicoticket, but his flavor selection is about to get pretty limited and I am the type to like A LOT of variety :D Won't ever be out of CLS though.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
I've only tried two - pretty sure they have over a half dozen menthol blends. The Port Menthol has this great tobacco flavor in the background. (Think Newport...) Makes for a nice, complex change from "straight" menthols. Some people report the 555 Menthol as more complex than I found it. To me it was just a straight-shot menthol flavor.

You can always shoot TVR an e-mail from their web site and ask. They have their own vendor fourm on ECF as well, can up a question up there too for input on their menthols. => The Vapor Room

Avoid the urge to add flavor shots on your first order. The flavor intensity level here is a lot higher than MBV or AIV to begin with.

Since it sounds like you are going into $$$ overload: At TVR get the five 6 ml sample pack for $20.00 Cost per ml is lower than the ten 3 ml sample pack. You get to pick any flavors you want - these aren't pre-selected sample flavors.

New customers get a free 15 ml bottle - your choice on that one too. Info for your choice goes in the comments box at checkout.

Every order gets a free 3ml sample. You can request flavors even for that, but you don't always get your choice. You always get something though. Request info goes in the comments box in checkout.

Use code THANKYOU to get 10% off your order.

Shipping is $4.00

That gets you 48 ml's, covering 8 different flavors, for $22.00 - including shipping.

What's another $22 at this point? :p No, honestly, that's a good deal - especially considering they let you pick the samples. I love deals like that to try out a new vendor. Thanks for the info and coupon code!

Thanks too for the tip on flavor levels. My tendency would have been to opt for the flavor boost had you not said anything.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Ok, So I grabbed the sample pack and their deal of the day RY4 at The Vapor Room - thanks for the tips, excited to taste them!

I'm looking at Good Life Vapor (too many suggestions not to try them out) they have a decent sampler pack, but I need some suggestions. They have far too many flavors (and with fairly non-descript names) to choose from blindly. What would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread