Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I thought I'd start this thread for a couple of reasons.
First being that I really like this pod mod.
Second being that I haven't seen a lot of posting and I'd really like to get folks into it because of reason number one and I'd like to keep it in business (as much as we can until the September thing gets sorted out).
Third, not being one of the big names in vaping, I'm not sure the vendors are giving it enough attention.
IMG_1391.JPG Here's a pic of the OXVA Origin with a VooPoo Vinci Air.
Not an enormous difference in size. As much as I like the VooPoo's (and I do and have several) there is an inconsistent leaking from the coil. Some do and some don't. And sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. And sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.

What's great about the Origin is that: in a couple of months it has not leaked one drop, not one and I keep looking; the flavor is excellent; it's an 18650, lasting many moons for me; very comfortable drip tip; the adjustable air flow works well for me; it feels good in the hand and with the carbon fiber I have it doesn't slip around and looks good; there is an RBA available, and though I have it I haven't tried it yet; the pod slips out from the mod easily and fills easily (there's no need to remove the pod from the mod to fill, but since the juice I'm currently using has a glass dropper, I'm pulling the pod out when refilling to keep any mess out of the mod.)
On the down side: there's a bit of movement in the battery compartment door (vertically) but not enough to bother me; some glass droppers tips will be just slightly too large (they'll fit, but I have to be careful to not flow juice out of the pod, since there might not be enough space to let the air out as the juice is inserted ); as several reviewers have mentioned, the fire button is slightly misplaced, so that it's not where you expect it for perfect ergonomics.

Of all the pod mods I've tried, and/or kept and/or dumped (Juul, Mipod, VooPoo, Myle, Orion...) this one is my favorite.
Thoughts experiences feedback are happily looked forward to.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I almost bought one a few times over when it was on pre pay. Since I saw the Origin X, i'm in waiting mode again. I love the look of that RBA...bit bigger for better flavor.
This whole Oxva smacks to me of a next level vape experience. It just oozes better quality...for a mass produced product of course.

Reactions: newyork13

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
To the OP...I was looking at this and wondering about all the different coil options available. I really like a restricted MTL. Can you do that with this? Is the air adjustable? So many of the comments I read on this unit talk about what a great sub-ohm device it is how big the clouds are. Neither of those appeal to me. Would this device work for a serious MTL guy like myself?

Thanks.

Reactions: newyork13

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I almost bought one a few times over when it was on pre pay. Since I saw the Origin X, i'm in waiting mode again. I love the look of that RBA...bit bigger for better flavor.
This whole Oxva smacks to me of a next level vape experience. It just oozes better quality...for a mass produced product of course.
Yeah, I went through that pre-order thing as well. I'm not sure about what the next level vape will be. But, as I tried to say in my opening post, it's the best and most trouble free pod mod I've tried.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I did mean the X, but also the Air.
It's inconsistent. Sometimes they do and sometimes not.
I'm gonna guess it's where the coil fits into the pod.
But, how to prove this I don't know. Like them a lot. Just wish they didn't.
We've been around long enough.
I recall going into a local vapeshop a couple of years ago with my Provari Radius and a Kabuki tank. I took a couple of puffs while browsing and a woman liked what she saw. No, not me, the Vari. So I asked her what she vaped and she said she had a Sigelei something or other with something or other on the top. So I asked her if I could see it, meaning the mod LOL. And she pulls it out of her purse and said sure, but be careful it leaks. Indeed, it was pretty damned wet. Good thing the vapeshop had tissues.
Not a drop out of the OXVA Origin.

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
I really like a restricted MTL. Can you do that with this?
I wouldn’t count on it. DL + MTL never works for restricted MTL fans, unless it has restrictors/inserts. It’s probably as good as the Nautilus AIO. You can’t turn down larger air vents with an AF dial. You end up with short puffs, because you’re sucking in all that air or end up with crappy vapor production, because you have to squeeze the AF almost shut, while that little air needs to go through too large amounts of space.

That being said, I was hoping the RBA would be better for it.
I really want to love this thing, but i just can’t. It looks super sleek, but the RBA can’t do true MTL. The MTL coils probably perform as well as the Nautilus AIO, which I kept throwing in the corner, because of aforementioned AF physics. I figured I’d use it with a 510 with tank, but that makes no sense, because it’s restricted to 15 watts for >1 ohm coils, plus it adds resistance when putting the 510 on. All in all it’s just not it for me and I’m really sad about it, because it’s such a beautiful device. Vaping taught me function over form, especially if you love true MTL, but I just want the pretty mod! :(

I mean, it’s pure shinyitus, because look how my squonker compares to the Nautilus AIO.

313224BF-71BB-4787-9DC9-C0F3FB31A3E1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread