PA RY4 flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
I realize that RY4 is wildly (and perhaps famously) varied from creator to creator. I just received a bottle of The Perfumer's Apprentice RY4 concentrate from OneStopDIYShop, and it seems really off the map.

The PA site suggests it has a floral note, which I think I'm tasting, but there seems to be an over-arching medicinal thing going on in place of the warm, tobacco and caramel flavors I associate with RY4. Perhaps a cherry cough syrup? I tried it both with and without a USA Mix base, with the same results.

I'll give it some time to mature and see if anything changes. I know this is a terribly subjective business, so don't put too much weight behind what I'm saying. Just thought I'd give my two cents.

One more note: the order also included several LorAnns Naturals flavors I'm excited to try. I'll report on those if there's anything noteworthy.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i tried their Ry4 and it's actually about the same as every other Ry4 out there since Dekang lost the original (caramel/vanilla) recipe.

The DK tobacco base is just that = a tobacco base that is spot on for what dekang uses as it's base for flavors. You'll have to DIY up some caramel/vanilla to it.

yeah i know it totally sux, but the good old Ry4 is no more. Diy is about the only way to make it these days. I got some from health cabin (HC branded RY4) that was initially good, so i ordered a 110 ml bottle. it was gawd awful RUBBER tasting. 2 friends ordered it also on my recommendation and theirs was unvapeable rubber/chemical flavor also. You have to flush that stuff.

you'll have to dress up the DK tobacco base from PA, but it should come out good. Not as good as the old Dekang Ry4 last year though :(

ikenvape is getting some custom blended Ry4 from cn that he blended. It's supposed to be spot on for the old sweet caramely ry4 dekang recipe. We're all anxious for his order to come in.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
ps- that DK tobacco base = use only 1 drop in a 3ml test bottle and then add caramel, etc. it is VERY strong.

That DK tobacco flavoring has caused me to have nightmares. I have it double bagged in freezer bags and I can still smell it across the room in bed. It's haunted. I need some holy water.

Lori

I don't suppose I ever got any of the good stuff, but I quite like LiteCigUSA's RWHY4 concentrate. Not terribly strong, and needs a tobacco base to mix with, but it's a good caramel/vanilla/cream finish. Perhaps it's similar.

Unfortunately, I've vaped so much of it for so long that I'm getting bored.

I'm still new, so not sick of it. I love LiteCig's RWHY4 as is. I don't think I've had a good tobacco flavor yet (they all have seemed fruity/sweet). The Dekang RY4 I also got from LiteCig (on accident) sounds similar in badness to this PA flavor. I made a thread here about trying to repair it. I'm trying to amass info for my first DIY kit order and will look at caramel/vanilla/cream type stuff as part of it. It is extra hard to tell what is in a juice when you are out of it =/

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
That DK tobacco flavoring has caused me to have nightmares. I have it double bagged in freezer bags and I can still smell it across the room in bed. It's haunted. I need some holy water.

Lori

lol i spilled some on my nightstand the other night and could smell it every time i went in there (after washing)

ethyl maltol crystals are the same way. i have to put them in a glass jar or they permeate the room. strong stuff!

I haven't mixed my own yet, but the first and only RY4 I have tried and still have is from ecigexpress. It is a premix but if I could figure out the mixture I will be set. I really like it. Some who tried it here thinks it is a bit to strong. I have the 24mg nic, but I find it to have a somewhat sweet flavor and good tobacco TH. I am slowly buying my supplies to start. RY4 will be the first though.

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
RMV 555 tastes very tobacco like to me. It is almost like Madvape's Cigar. I am not into the heavy tasting tobacco, but they do have that heavy tobacco flavor if you are into it. I am not. I like RMV Kent and YunYan for the light tobacco flavor.

As far as RY4,,, I just don't care for them all so much, any of them.

I suggest mixing your own tobacco and caramel. I think mixed lite cigs camel with caramel or even the RY4 and it turned out very fine.

I'm still new, so not sick of it. I love LiteCig's RWHY4 as is. I don't think I've had a good tobacco flavor yet (they all have seemed fruity/sweet). The Dekang RY4 I also got from LiteCig (on accident) sounds similar in badness to this PA flavor. I made a thread here about trying to repair it. I'm trying to amass info for my first DIY kit order and will look at caramel/vanilla/cream type stuff as part of it. It is extra hard to tell what is in a juice when you are out of it =/

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
About the old RY4 formula do any of you remember a slight Hazelnut tone to it along with caramel sweetness? Seems I got a taste but of course its beeen awhile.Back when I first started vaping I got a small vial of RY4 and since the vendor went oob I ordered from a number of other places but never have found that flavor again but I did'nt know the formula had been changed.You would think Dekang would bring it back since there is such a demand for it. If not I hope some one cracks the formula!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread